WDE91
03-15-2012, 8:31 AM
I recently bought a Remington 870 Wingmaster

located in Rancho but will be picked up in Orange
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=547435

30 days for transfer
then another
10 days for "cool off period"

Is this correct that will take 40 days of there abouts for the entire buying process short of driving out to Rancho??

Thank you for your help
Joseph Kearns

socal70xr7
03-15-2012, 8:48 AM
If it is a gun being sold by Turners that a private party is having them sell for them there is a 30 day hold on the weapon to make sure it is clean before it can be sold. If Turners has had the weapon over 30 already then it should be a standard transfer. If it is a ppt then there is no 30 day check and only the usual 10 day. This is the same for all weapons that are consigned. To my knowledge anyway.

WDE91
03-15-2012, 9:30 AM
This is a gun that Turners Rancho bought

Its status is that it is a used gun

Chrushev
03-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Last time I was at Turners some guy was asking about a particular gun. He was told that its a "consignment" gun and its a 30 day wait process to make sure the gun is not stolen.

There is a small chance that the gun got there that day, but I doubt it. Which leads me to conclude that once someone "buys" it, they start the paperwork or whatever they do to check if it was stolen... which takes 30 days.

I believe the 10 day is from when you DROS the gun? In which case if DROS is done before the 30 days (on day 1) then it should be part of the 30 days. If the DROS is done on the 30th day then it will be additional 10 days.

jonny_c
03-15-2012, 6:51 PM
The way I understand it, the process is essentially a "pawnbroker hold." They have to hold onto the gun for 30 days in case local law enforcement determines that the item has been declared lost or stolen. That applies to transferring to another store as well; otherwise the gun will be in a different law enforcement jurisdiction and cause everyone a headache.

WDE91
03-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Jonny that makes sense

Well hopefully I am not buying a hot gun...

gr8dragon88
03-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Tuners' will hold used or consignment firearms for 30 days as required by California Business and Professions Code Section 21628.2

http://law.onecle.com/california/business/21628.2.html

On used or new guns, we've started allowing DROS at time of partial payment, again, based on some good feedback from CGN members.

We will actually DROS a paid-in-full consignment at 20 days, so that you can pick it up right at the end of the 30-day hold. DROS'ing it earlier only shortens the buyers DROS pick-up window.

WDE91
03-16-2012, 9:23 AM
Thank you for that link
Im not in a total rush right now as the BMW is also requesting currency
joys of driving a 20 year old German car

no sense rocking the boat, if its only going to shave 10 days

Though I do look forward to picking it up

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-16-2012, 1:23 PM
Thank you for that link
Im not in a total rush right now as the BMW is also requesting currency
joys of driving a 20 year old German car

no sense rocking the boat, if its only going to shave 10 days

Though I do look forward to picking it up

It's up to you but, yes, we can start DROS at day 20 during that pawn-hold so that the 30-day hold and your 10 day wait coincide.