PDA

View Full Version : New Gun store In Simi Valley

whlgun
04-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Fort Courage Armory
1518-B Los Angeles Avenue
Simi Valley, CA 93065
805 526-6563

Thank god theres a new gun store in Simi Valley and its run by a group of great guys. The owner Tim is Offlist friendly he just doesnt have any lowers instock at this time but hopefully in the near future.Tim is a great and friendly guy with a decent selection of firearms in stock and the prices arent rediculous. He also has some reloading equipment for sale and some airsoft guns for the kids.

This store should be a great change for us in Simi Valley. Finally Gretas doesnt corner the market and i dont have to drive to the valley to get my gear. With any luck people will wise up and deal with a gunstore that wants our business and values its customers unlike Gretas.

I dont want to bag on gretas too much but when they call me a felon and tell me the DOJ will confiscate my CA legal AR cause they have a proposed amendment that the DOJ gave to them personally. I tend not to give that store my business nor can I recommend that anyone go there.

Josh3239
04-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Very cool. Anything to do with guns is kinda tough in Ventura County. I'll go check out the place tomarrow.

Sawdust
04-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Greta's sucks - bag all you want.

Thanks for the heads-up on the new store.

Sawdust

whlgun
04-12-2007, 8:24 AM
If you guys have been to Greta's and have had to deal with there customer service wait till you go see Tim it is just the opposite. Not the selection that Gretas has but very few places do. Its all Gretas has going for themselves is the great selection. But the more we support Fort Courage the bigger he will get and the better selection.

So hurry up and head on down.

PistolPete75
04-12-2007, 9:16 AM
i believe i called greta's once, and they wanted a $100 to do a dros!

whlgun
04-12-2007, 9:40 AM
i believe i called greta's once, and they wanted a $100 to do a dros!

Sounds like Greta's

I went to Fort Courage yesterday and they had a couple gd looking Kimbers used in great shape but i didnt get the price so that i wasnt tempted.

FortCourageArmory
04-12-2007, 1:02 PM
THANKS for the plug!!! It's much appreciated. Considering how long it took to get this venture off the ground, the kind words are music to my ears.

I'd like to invite everyone down to the shop to check us out and if you like what you see, tell your shooting friends about us. You all are my best advertising. As for my competition, I'll leave the comparisons to you. All I promise is to do whatever I can to meet your needs. Tell me what you want, and I'll try to get it for you at a reasonable price.

Sorry if this turned commercial.....:) :)

BTW, PM me for prices on those Kimbers...or anything else for that matter. :):)

Josh3239
04-12-2007, 1:17 PM
Just got back from Fort Courage, nice little shop. Some VERY nice pieces of history there; WW2 and Vietnam pieces. And they got the best ammo prices in town! I'm definetly going back there when I need ammo. Tim was really cool - very friendly guy.

vega
04-12-2007, 6:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

kantstudien
04-12-2007, 10:20 PM
What are the hours of operation there?

SNEAKS
04-12-2007, 11:42 PM
YEAH , I will have to stop by this weekend. I could not stand the attitudes of Gretas workers. They would make fun of their customers if they didn't buy a gun every time I was there. It made me wonder what they were saying when I would stop by on a lunch break to check things out. Also glad to have a OLL friendly place a little closer to home.:cool: :cool: :cool:

FortCourageArmory
04-13-2007, 6:55 AM
Here are my hours:

Tuesday 10AM to 6PM
Wednesday 10AM to 6PM
Thursday 12PM to 8PM
Friday 10AM to 6PM
Saturday 10AM to 5PM

TacFan
04-13-2007, 7:36 PM
Here are my hours:

Tuesday 10AM to 6PM
Wednesday 10AM to 6PM
Thursday 12PM to 8PM
Friday 10AM to 6PM
Saturday 10AM to 5PM

those are European hours :D

scrat
04-13-2007, 8:03 PM
Simi Valley is a little to far for me. Most of my brass comes from internet. AS THE RO WONT LET ME TOUCH THE BRASS AT ANGELES. So i have to pay for it. :( As far as primers and powder i buy locally from. Lock Stock and Barrel in Temple City Califonia. I prefer to buy from them just because of the service. Every time i go there is this old lady there. I forget her name but she is the greatest. she can tell you everything you want to know about shooting, reloading casting bullets. Everything. so i go there, its just like she says. If people stop coming and buy their stuff at other places she will have to close doors.

There shop has been in business for over 40 years she makes it a point to remind me everytime i go there.

FortCourageArmory
04-13-2007, 10:28 PM
those are European hours :D
I prefer to think of them as unique. :)

scrat
04-13-2007, 10:36 PM
SOOOOOOOO

you giving any discounts to CAL GUN MEMBERS. Lets say powder, primer, bullets.

GOT LEAD

If you make the deal i will make the drive. I prefer win748, federal primers, speer 30 cal 170 grn. :D :D :D :D

whlgun
04-14-2007, 8:18 PM
Well I just was at Tims shop and he just got in a used but unfired winchester 94. I dont know the price yet but if anybody is looking for a nice lever gun I would go check it out.

Yes this is a plug for a rifle im selling at his shop.

SemiAutoSam
04-14-2007, 8:22 PM
DO I ask for Sgt. O'Rourke or Capt. Parmenter for the good deals ? :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058800/

FortCourageArmory
04-14-2007, 9:11 PM
Capt. Parmenter fell over his saddle out back. Ask for Sgt. O'Rourke (Tim).