PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere to complete 80% lower on a weekday in SoCal?

deviljon
03-13-2012, 10:10 PM
I'll be able to take a few days off within the next month and one of the things I'd like to complete is an 80% lower. Would love to be able to do this on a day off when things aren't so hectic and I don't have to wait hours in line at a build party.

Is there any place in SoCal where I can get an 80% lower finished up Monday-Friday? I don't even mind paying a little extra for it. I can drive as far south as San Diego all the way north to the Valley area. Thanks!

Ubermcoupe
03-13-2012, 11:00 PM
I’m not sure about a LGS that would do it in a couple of hours. Most likely it would be a day or two...

Why don’t you just complete it yourself? CGN has a tutorial @ the top of the page and you can couple that with youtube vids. Unless you are completely non tool friendly you’ll be done in a couple hours. :shrug:

Building the AR is half the fun anyways ;) You can do it!

deviljon
03-14-2012, 5:08 AM
Well I just don't have the tools for it and don't feel comfortable the first time (that's what she said). Besides, I want it to come out perfectly and was just hoping there would be a person or shop locally that could help me out. i'm actually signed up already for a build party for next month but wanted to complete another one before then..

emy
03-14-2012, 5:43 AM
Contact Roccobro he's a member here , you'll have to drive to SB.

Bartin
03-14-2012, 6:53 AM
There used to be a thread on here about Ares Armor (http://www.aresarmor.com/) in Oceanside. They supposedly have build parties on sundays but maybe they could help you out during the week if you give them a call. They said it only takes about 10minutes

Check out the Gunsmithing (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=114) section on here as well, there are a couple of threads there already.

Ubermcoupe, he's referring to machining an 80% lower, not assembling from a stripped lower. It takes special tooling.

kris smith
03-14-2012, 1:38 PM
Ares armor says that they can only do it in Sunday's because the machine shop they use is a regular machine shop Monday - sat but they do it Sunday's

deviljon
03-14-2012, 1:45 PM
I was able to contact Roccobro and arrange a meeting. Thanks for the suggestions guys!