PDA

View Full Version : seller in a ppt- current address?

seanschevy
03-13-2012, 2:02 PM
Does anyone have a clear answer on whether or not the address on a seller's drivers license has to be current?

I tried the calguns wiki and the DOJ website but I can't find anything about this issue specifically.

From what I read seems as long as the license is valid, then you are good to go, even if you have since moved to a new address.

CrazyPhuD
03-13-2012, 2:14 PM
Well it may not matter if the transaction goes through. But if the buyer fails his DROS, I would expect the DROS back to the seller being denied by the DMV.

chillincody
03-13-2012, 2:21 PM
Does anyone have a clear answer on whether or not the address on a seller's drivers license has to be current?

I tried the calguns wiki and the DOJ website but I can't find anything about this issue specifically.

From what I read seems as long as the license is valid, then you are good to go, even if you have since moved to a new address.

I just sold a rifle via ppt last week and my Id is good but the address is old they asked if it was correct I said no they took down my new address and finished the transaction :cool2:I was also worried about this but seems they only care about proof when your the buyer or if for some reason the buyer is deneied then you need proof of res and then re dros it to you

Librarian
03-13-2012, 2:56 PM
I just sold a rifle via ppt last week and my Id is good but the address is old they asked if it was correct I said no they took down my new address and finished the transaction :cool2:I was also worried about this but seems they only care about proof when your the buyer or if for some reason the buyer is deneied then you need proof of res and then re dros it to you

Right; it's PC 28050(d) (d) If the dealer cannot legally deliver the firearm to the
purchaser or transferee or the person being loaned the firearm, the
dealer shall forthwith, without waiting for the conclusion of the
waiting period described in Sections 26815 and 27540, return the
firearm to the transferor or seller or the person loaning the
firearm.

The dealer shall not return the firearm to the seller or
transferor or the person loaning the firearm when to do so would
constitute a violation of Section 27500, 27505, 27515, 27520, 27525,
27530, or 27535.
If the transaction fails for some reason, the dealer must return the gun to the seller. BUT, the dealer may not return it if that would be illegal - prohibited person, etc. - so the background check is required on the seller. Having a current address for the seller would be a good idea.