PDA

View Full Version : Dan Richards retains his post! Thanks!!

taperxz
03-13-2012, 2:40 PM
Your Support Helps Retain Dan Richards as California
Fish and Game Commission President
Thanks to overwhelming response from anglers and hunters, the state legislature
backed off resolution to remove Dan Richards from the commission

Your voice was heard! The state legislature is no longer considering a resolution to remove California Fish and Game Commission President Dan Richards from the commission.

For the past two weeks, California sportsmen and women have let their voice be heard speaking out in support of Richards. An avid angler and hunter, Richards had been unfairly attacked by extreme environmental and animal rights organizations for taking part in a legal hunt in Idaho.

Angler response was overwhelming! Thousands of California sportsmen and women sent messages through KeepAmericaFishing™ to the state legislature and the commission in support of Richards. Many anglers also attended the March 7, commission meeting to provide comment and show support for Richards.

Commissioner Richards recently contacted KeepAmericaFishing to express his gratitude to the thousands of KeepAmericaFishing advocates for their support.

Why is Retaining Commissioner Richards So Important?
The organizations leading the charge against Richards have a much broader agenda. As a commissioner, Richards has consistently voted on the side of sound science and proven fish and wildlife management. Richards has been a voice of reason throughout the flawed Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) initiative, a controversial program that threatens sportfishing in California, and the businesses and 20,000 jobs that depend on it, by unnecessarily closing large areas of the ocean to recreational fishing.

If they had been successful in their efforts to remove Richards from the commission, these anti-fishing groups would have been one step closer to shutting anglers out of more of California's best fishing spots.

KeepAmericaFishing does not believe the attacks are over and expects that the next tactic will be an attempt to unseat Richards as President of the commission. Please be ready to voice your support for keeping angler friendly members on the commission.

CCWFacts
03-13-2012, 2:44 PM
Cool!

I liked his reaction to the whole thing. "No way am I resigning, what I did was legal."

I'm not a hunter; in fact I'm religiously opposed to hunting. However we all need to support each other. I am a RAW owner and I know hunters who don't care about EBRs will support me in that too.

Flopper
03-13-2012, 2:47 PM
AWESOME WIN!

chiselchst
03-13-2012, 3:22 PM
Why is Retaining Commissioner Richards So Important?
The organizations leading the charge against Richards have a much broader agenda. As a commissioner, Richards has consistently voted on the side of sound science and proven fish and wildlife management. Richards has been a voice of reason throughout the flawed Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) initiative, a controversial program that threatens sportfishing in California, and the businesses and 20,000 jobs that depend on it, by unnecessarily closing large areas of the ocean to recreational fishing.

I was involved in trying to fight the BS MLPA/MPA's. Political decissions based on junk science, what a sham.

Fishermen did have a lot of respect for him.

A couple of guys from the Coastside FC drove 8 hrs. just to speak in support of him.

Not too often common folk rally around a DFG person....

:party:

Stonewalker
03-13-2012, 3:50 PM
It was really cool to hear NPR coverage of this and hear them describe the overwhelming support for Dan Richards by concerned citizens. Awesome stuff!

glockman19
03-13-2012, 3:51 PM
Glad to hear my contact was not in vain.

stix213
03-13-2012, 3:54 PM
Pro-gunners actually won one in the legislature????!!!!!

huntercf
03-13-2012, 3:54 PM
Good News.

jaymz
03-13-2012, 4:06 PM
Great news, but it still sucks that we got to a point where this conversation even exists.

njineermike
03-13-2012, 4:12 PM
Pro-gunners actually won one in the legislature????!!!!!

I think I must still be alseep. I'm sure when I wake up, the headlines will read "Gun owners and hunters: Get f***ed! Sincerely, big brother."

Falconis
03-13-2012, 4:12 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I guess there is a board that he answers to where 2 of the 5 people on it are "pro" environment. I guess the next step is to remove those 2 or keep the advantage to those that are reasonable.

dunndeal
03-13-2012, 5:49 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I guess there is a board that he answers to where 2 of the 5 people on it are "pro" environment. I guess the next step is to remove those 2 or keep the advantage to those that are reasonable.

One of the Commission members, Mike Sutton, is affliliated with the Monterey Bay Aquarium which is the pet project of rabid anti-fishing Julie Packard. I wonder if Julie has some serious "daddy" issues because her father, David Packard, was an avid hunter and fisherman.

FF/EMT Nick
03-13-2012, 5:56 PM
Cool!

I liked his reaction to the whole thing. "No way am I resigning, what I did was legal."

I'm not a hunter; in fact I'm religiously opposed to hunting. However we all need to support each other. I am a RAW owner and I know hunters who don't care about EBRs will support me in that too.

You hope :eek: but history has not played that out well for us.

As far as the director, He hunted legally in another state, he shouldn't even have to deal with this.

norcal01
03-13-2012, 6:09 PM
That's great news! I signed the petition through KeepAmericaFishing but figured any day we'd be getting the news that he had been removed from his position. Nice to see our support actually worked for a change!