PDA

View Full Version : Kel tec Sub 2000 9mm Glock Mag

ufcfan83
03-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Me and a buddy of mine are looking for a California compliant 9mm carbine. Preferably this Kel Tec because we are partial to the glock magazines. But we are open to a Highpoint, or Thureon Defense or just about any other manufacturer. We are located in Bakersfield and would not mind making the trip to L.A. to buy one of these. Please message me anytime you have one of these available.

Edit: We are looking to buy 1 for each of us.

89 Vision
03-14-2012, 1:35 PM
+1 Put me down for one that uses Glock 19 mags.

shark92651
03-14-2012, 2:35 PM
The Kel Tec Sub 2000 in 9mm Glock is the most difficult to locate in stock anywhere, but we are trying...

ufcfan83
06-12-2012, 1:00 AM
Just found one for my self! However my friend is still looking. (and very jealous LOL) He is willing to make the trip as far south as orange county or north as far as Fresno. If you can help us pleas let me know.

pdude
06-12-2012, 6:48 AM
Lucky! I'm still looking for sub2k too as I usually just run into the Masterpiece arms at the gun shows with the longer barrel.

mickaila
07-14-2012, 6:59 PM
i have one and am about to move to CA.
how is it classified? is it CA legal?

Riflegear
07-16-2012, 11:08 PM
i have one and am about to move to CA.
how is it classified? is it CA legal?

First, you need to add a stock extension to meet California's 30" minimum overall length for centerfire, semi-automatic rifles.

From there, you have two options:
1. Add a magazine lock (also commonly referred to by the company Assault Planet's trademark name "Bullet Button")
OR
2. Go "featureless" by adding a grip wrap to neutralize the pistol grip (the only "evil feature" on the stock Sub-2000).

Please note: Unless you are an exempt person (such as a law enforcement officer), you also cannot bring any magazines that hold over ten rounds to California. However, you can modify them to hold ten rounds or disassemble them into parts.

Hope that helped and welcome to The Golden State :D

-Team RifleGear