PDA

View Full Version : Taking action here in Cali

Johnny Diablo
04-11-2007, 9:19 AM
The thought crossed my mind. I registered at GOP.com for the republican party. They have sub groups that focus on areaas of concern IE taxes, immigration, etc.

Anyone want to join me in forming a California Republican 2nd ammendment action commitee? Good idea?

I am thinking with increasing numbers we can get noticed by both parties.... bringing attention to our cause.

bwiese
04-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Why pre-pledge your allegiance to one party ahead of time so they can kinda take you for granted?

We need to hold a stick over the R's so that they know our gun votes are not generally assured so the issue is 'in play' with them.

It varies with area, but there are competitive seats out there, esp in Central Valley, where the Dems have progun candidates or sitting Senate/Assembly members. Having each side try to "out pro-gun" the other can be helpful in skewing things our way.

Anthonysmanifesto
04-11-2007, 12:06 PM
The thought crossed my mind. I registered at GOP.com for the republican party. They have sub groups that focus on areaas of concern IE taxes, immigration, etc.

Anyone want to join me in forming a California Republican 2nd ammendment action commitee? Good idea?

I am thinking with increasing numbers we can get noticed by both parties.... bringing attention to our cause.

I think its much more likely that you just contributed to their "microtargeting" profile, than you joined any GOP sub group. That way they can market to you by your own self assesed issue areas in futre campaigns.

They also purchase magazine subscription lists and other membership lists, voting history, age, race, gender,occupation, census data, etc... to profile a voter and have developed software to reconcile all of the information.

All of the GOP recognized groups in California are listed here (http://www.cagop.org/): Then click on "your local party", followed by "volunteer organizations"

Your best bet to influence the party is by being an active NRA Member.

as far as GOP affiliated club, you would start locally, get recognized by the county central committee. If it were to blossom and have enough chapters you could possibly get the state party to recognize it. If muliple states did that, then you could ask for RNC recognition.

Johnny Diablo
04-11-2007, 1:08 PM
I think its much more likely that you just contributed to their "microtargeting" profile, than you joined any GOP sub group. That way they can market to you by your own self assesed issue areas in futre campaigns.

They also purchase magazine subscription lists and other membership lists, voting history, age, race, gender,occupation, census data, etc... to profile a voter and have developed software to reconcile all of the information.

All of the GOP recognized groups in California are listed here (http://www.cagop.org/): Then click on "your local party", followed by "volunteer organizations"

Your best bet to influence the party is by being an active NRA Member.

as far as GOP affiliated club, you would start locally, get recognized by the county central committee. If it were to blossom and have enough chapters you could possibly get the state party to recognize it. If muliple states did that, then you could ask for RNC recognition.

Why would I need RNC recognition? Local politicians meet with local groups and leaders .... anyone in their district who can garner them some votes. I am in Schiffs district. If I assemble a few hundred pro-gun voters in his district I am sure he will listen. If we choose to back a local viable candidate to run in either party it will get attention.

I say we look at changing the face of Cali politics from the lower level, one district at a time.

luvtolean
04-11-2007, 1:11 PM
Hmmmm, interesting.

Anthonysmanifesto
04-11-2007, 1:18 PM
Why would I need RNC recognition? Local politicians meet with local groups and leaders .... anyone in their district who can garner them some votes. I am in Schiffs district. If I assemble a few hundred pro-gun voters in his district I am sure he will listen. If we choose to back a local viable candidate to run in either party it will get attention.

I say we look at changing the face of Cali politics from the lower level, one district at a time.

I was only repsonding to the self targeting form you filled out on a website.

as far as influencing Members, one district at a time... that the NRA Members councils.

If you CAN bring in a hundred gun guys. Please do so!

Johnny Diablo
04-11-2007, 1:24 PM
My dad helped Reagan with his first presidential run. I was a kid. I saw the phone banks I listened to the calls. I went with my dad to pick up people who needed a ride to go vote. I witnessed campains for Mike Curb for governor. I participated in my dads run for senate in 1990 both the special and regular election. He lost as a republican gaining ground in a heavily democratic district.

How many of us would volunteer to give a ride to a voter who will vote for a pro-gun candidate? Yes they buy the list of people. There are plenty of nice older pro-gun Americans who probably just need a ride to the polls.

I am telling you all politics is easy stuff but it takes effort.