PDA

View Full Version : Turners Pasadena - Not A Good Way To Keep Customers

NeoGeo630
03-12-2012, 8:45 PM
I've never had issues with Turner's in the past. I've always enjoyed shopping there especially the Pasadena location. There have been times when the wait was a bit excessive but I always understood especially with the amount of people going in and out of that store. The managers have always been top notch and most of the other workers as well.

But tonight really kind of pissed me off. I called to ask something and was left hanging on the phone waiting. Finally after 25 minutes on the phone just hearing the "BEEP BEEP" over and over again, I decided to call it quits and hung up. I know, who the hell waits 25 minutes right? Well after the first 10 minutes, it became a point of just waiting to see how long it would take for someone to pick my call up again.

Not a good way to keep customers happy and not a way to keep customers period.

monk
03-12-2012, 8:51 PM
This is one of the things that I'll admit irks me a bit too. It seems to happen at both Pasadena and Reseda.

Not that I'm complaining really. More customers means more people who should turn pro-gun which should mean more pro-gun legislatures. At least that's my hope.

Icypu
03-13-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm not supporting bad service, but since Turners Pasadena is 5 minutes from my house I'd say in their defense that they are honestly super busy. They have always been friendly, and especially helpful to me whenever I go there. Unfortunately there is always a crowd in there around the gun counter. They are the only store that really does huge amounts of business. One time my buddy and I were told politely that we just showed up 10 minutes behind another person doing a PPT. Since they told us it would be an hour to wait, we drove all the way to Angeles Range Shooter's Edge to transfer.

To be honest, if the people keep coming, the service isn't bad, it's just understaffed.

JNunez23
03-13-2012, 12:43 AM
They should unplug their phones across all Turners!! Save on some overhead..

NeoGeo630
03-13-2012, 10:02 AM
They should unplug their phones across all Turners!! Save on some overhead..

Might as well if they're just going to keep ppl waiting.

robz@turners
03-13-2012, 2:28 PM
We are working at staffing the stores up but it takes time. We have hired some employees for the Pasadena store and I will forward this thread to the store manager.

Thanks

Brandon04GT
03-13-2012, 4:18 PM
Almost NO ONE EVER picks up at the guns department at the Reseda store.

JNunez23
03-13-2012, 6:41 PM
The sad part is it's really not the receptionist fault when it comes to the phones. I have been there on many occasions where they are frantically trying to have ANYONE in the gun dept. answer the call. They feel the burden of having to get back on that line and listen to that person b***h them out.

At the same time, the sales guys are usually swamped and can not help a customer and answer a phone inquiry at the same time.

Catch 22 I guess, just frustrating to be placed on hold and forgotten about.

gr8dragon88
03-13-2012, 7:08 PM
why don't Turner's offers callers to leave a message if they are too busy? I know Fountain
Valley store had a manager on front counter/phone duty during the last black Friday sale just to handle phone calls.

monkeylice
03-13-2012, 7:09 PM
Maybe the new system they're talking about would have a really efficient inventory tracking procedure that would allow operators at the head office to see the status of all orders and help take some of the burden of call load. If the new system DOESN'T have something like that, I am not sure what the benefit of the new system would be.

kauaibuilt
03-13-2012, 8:59 PM
Actually, in Turners defense, Ive seen a marked improvement in their Pasadena in-store customer service. Although the one big guy did seem a little wierded out calling people "sir" it was actually pretty cool. And this has only happened in the last week or so since this thread:

http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=537551&page=2

TheHammerOfTruth
03-13-2012, 9:05 PM
One thread people are complaining about the wait at the counter because the sales people have to answer the phones and help other people. The next thread is the same people complaining that they cant get help on the phone. Honestly, give it a rest. We all buy guns and we all know it takes time no matter where we go. The busier the store, the longer the wait. Didnt someone have a theory that sounded similar? Is there a thread somewhere where I can complain about how long Time Warner Cable takes to pick up the phone?

JNunez23
03-13-2012, 11:36 PM
No one is complaining about the in store service, they make you feel right at home.

It's the holding on the phone for absolutely nothing that becomes a little much to bare. Especially when it it the majority of the time that they leave you on hold. And they are much better than the Reseda store IMO.

If you don't like holding all day, find the answer yourself. That's what the interweb is for right ;)

Chrushev
03-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Signal hill is the same story... check out this post I made -- http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=545021

aquaboy11
04-04-2012, 6:31 PM
The justification is there for more staff pure and simple. So many people end up just walking out the wait times are so long. I want to shop at Turners because the location is close and they have good stuff. The staff are good, I have no complaints with the folks themselves, but if you cant even get to talk with them its a lost cause.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 3:56 PM
why don't Turner's offers callers to leave a message if they are too busy? I know Fountain
Valley store had a manager on front counter/phone duty during the last black Friday sale just to handle phone calls.

The justification is there for more staff pure and simple. So many people end up just walking out the wait times are so long. I want to shop at Turners because the location is close and they have good stuff. The staff are good, I have no complaints with the folks themselves, but if you cant even get to talk with them its a lost cause.

This is very much a two-way street- customers on the phone and customers in the store deserve attention. As we continue to invest in improving our stores, we are looking at a phone system where you can get directions/store hours without having to wait on an employee and where an employee does not get taken away from a customer on the counter. Likewise, leaving a name/tel number may work as well.

As always, thank you for the feedback.
And our store sales/management director will continue to invest more time in our stores where some extra attention is needed.

SoCal Gunner
04-05-2012, 7:40 PM
Just to play devil's advocate: Nothing irks me more than any store clerk answering a phone and going into a detailed support or lengthy Q&A when in-store customers are standing there waiting. If I took the time to come into the store and waited my turn, I don't want to be jumped by someone who isn't even there.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-06-2012, 5:34 AM
Just to play devil's advocate: Nothing irks me more than any store clerk answering a phone and going into a detailed support or lengthy Q&A when in-store customers are standing there waiting. If I took the time to come into the store and waited my turn, I don't want to be jumped by someone who isn't even there.

Agreed; that it why it's our job to help out both customers- the one's who may never come in if the phone is not answered and those who won't come back if we ignore them when they are in the store; just like helping the gun wanting to buy the gun vs. the gun who is waiting to pick up the gun. CGN folks can spend months on this forum trading barbs about who's more important but it's up to us to get equal time and attention to them all.

Rance
04-06-2012, 10:44 AM
I just started DROS on my first purchase at the Pasadena Turners today. I have to admit that after reading all the complaints and turners bashing on the internet, it made me have second thoughts on buying a gun from there. Luckily I decided to just go there anyways. Elias was the saleperson that helped me out and was very polite and respectful. As a first time buyer, a good saleperson means a lot to me because I need explanation and questions answered. The rest of the staff also seem friendly. Overall it was a pleasant experience and I didn't have any problems. Now I just got to wait out the 10 days and go back. I'm looking forward to doing future business with the Pasadena store!

antmarc217
04-07-2012, 1:25 PM
First off, I have to admit that the Pasadena location does get really busy. Just as any business, the busier it is, the longer the wait, depending on the available staff. From my personal experience, I have always been treated with respect and they do try to maintain great customer service.
I just recently purchased an M&M M10 762 ak 47. On the day of purchase, the salesperson (some younger female who was a trainee) walks to the back after filling out my paper work and says "oh there's one more in the back". Pick up was supposed to be on April 2, 2012 at 11:52am. I was there on the dot. To my luck, somehow some way they say my rifle hadn't been shipped there, it wasn't shipped the week before, and will be there the next day. I was told to come in the morning.
Later that day, I get a call from Dustin the manager saying that due to a "problem" with this new system, somehow my rifle was released to someone in orange country.... ok???
Dustin has been helpful with trying to locate a rifle for me asap. But this problem should never have happened. And honesty is the best policy, don't tell me my damn rifle is in the back when its not even there in the first place.
I work at a hospital and customer service is embedded in my brain. I know there's other gun shops (and businesses) out there that will go above and beyond to fix a problem. I have heard this happens all the time at Turners even before this new system, I gave the benefit of the doubt.
I'm 1year into this hobby and close to $5k spent at this location alone.
I've seen grown a*s men throw temper tantrums when they come accross problems with pick ups. I'm not about to waste my breathe and cause a scene. If all I get as compensation is a measley box of ammo for my patience then I am never coming back to any Turners. I'll spend the extra time and gas towards future purchases at quality gun shops.
And here I am, twiddling my thumbs waiting for my rifle.

Rorge Retson
04-07-2012, 11:04 PM
When this happens at a retail location, no matter what industry, I'm a happy camper. The reason they don't answer the phone is because they take care of the people who are standing right in front of them at the store. That tells me that when I'm in the store, they'll be focusing on me, and I, for one, appreciate that.

When they're taking their sweet time with the guy in front of me, I'm a happy camper then, also, because I know that when it's my turn, they're going to give me all the time I need, to get all the information I need, to make the right purchasing decision.

Once I've found a place like this (a new-found gem), all I do is take the morning off from work and go there when they open their doors in the morning. Then, I usually get the owner, where all the excellent principles of customer service have originated, and get Grade A, #1 service - the best guy in the organization, all to myself.

Those of you complaining don't know how good you got it. Change your attitude (and your shopping hours) and change your experience. ;)

RT13
04-08-2012, 1:39 AM
They do this all the time, lol. Put you on hold and no one comes.

RT13
04-08-2012, 1:40 AM
When this happens at a retail location, no matter what industry, I'm a happy camper. The reason they don't answer the phone is because they take care of the people who are standing right in front of them at the store. That tells me that when I'm in the store, they'll be focusing on me, and I, for one, appreciate that.

When they're taking their sweet time with the guy in front of me, I'm a happy camper then, also, because I know that when it's my turn, they're going to give me all the time I need, to get all the information I need, to make the right purchasing decision.

Once I've found a place like this (a new-found gem), all I do is take the morning off from work and go there when they open their doors in the morning. Then, I usually get the owner, where all the excellent principles of customer service have originated, and get Grade A, #1 service - the best guy in the organization, all to myself.

Those of you complaining don't know how good you got it. Change your attitude (and your shopping hours) and change your experience. ;)

Or change gun stores to give your business to.

Rorge Retson
04-08-2012, 5:57 AM
Or change gun stores to give your business to.

That works too. To be fair, I am talking about small businesses. A large retail chain which has lots of resources and bulk buying power really has no excuses.

cannon
04-08-2012, 7:33 AM
Sorry OP but if I have my number and am waiting in line. I hope they don't answer the phone.

skeeter149
04-08-2012, 9:36 AM
Well I must confess, I went into Turners Pasadena on Thursday the 5th to buy a sr9c. I was number 80 and the counter was at 70. After 2 hours of waiting my wife was ready to go but having driven down from Lancaster I was a little more patient. I chatted with some fellow waiters and was happy to see 6 people ahead of me bailed. well after 2 hours I was pleased tp be helped by Marion( I think that was his name sorry). This guy turned my whole experience into a joy. He was knowledgable and a joy to work with. I gotta say he saved it for me single handedly and made a bad experience good. The low prices belp but I appreciate good salesmen and that he was.

NeoGeo630
04-08-2012, 9:57 PM
Again I reiterate, I have absolutely no issues with the store and the workers. I enjoy shopping there and the managers/sales have always been fantastic.

But I think a new strategy is needed for the calls. You would not want someone who is not in the know to call the store, be kept on the phone forever to just have to hang up at the end, and then assume the store and its personnel suck. This would be an incorrect assumption of the store and the people who work there.

... I was pleased tp be helped by Marion( I think that was his name sorry). This guy turned my whole experience into a joy. He was knowledgable and a joy to work with. I gotta say he saved it for me single handedly and made a bad experience good. The low prices belp but I appreciate good salesmen and that he was.

Marion is one of the BEST.