PDA

View Full Version : So has Panoche been forgotten here?

diginit
03-12-2012, 8:47 PM
Last time I was there. There was krap all over. I took what I could. Guess I should I should thank the idiot for all the 45 ACP brass. But I still had to pick it up... The metal I recycled for 30 bucks. Thanks. I think...But at least it paid for my gas...
Anyone need any 12 Ga hulls? I have 3 Tannerite boxes of them. 400 rnds or more. They are yours if you reload. Just pay shipping. Got 2000 rnds of LC 5.56 brass too. But that is my once fired from 62g green tip and is for sale. PM me... Get it out of my garage and reload it. I have way too much 5.56 as it is...
Just goes to show. One mans trash is another mans' treasure. But please stop dumping on our public lands and clean up your sh*t like you wipe your A** in the morning! If this land is closed, We can't shoot anymore. I am just happy that recycling makes it worth my while to clean up after you slobs. But when the land is closed. We all lose. So PULL YOUR HEAD OUT! Before it is too FK'n late! James.

edwardm
03-12-2012, 10:10 PM
You mean like the 5 pounds of nails and screws from burned pallets I hauled out of there this weekend? Yeah. Flat tires suck, people. At least go over your fire pits and police up the pointy crap.

*sigh*

TheUgliestDuck
03-13-2012, 1:21 AM
Or don't burn stuff with nails. Rlly? Panoche is great. How is it so hard to clean up after yourself? If ur to lazy to pick up your brass and shells then stand in place and put an old bed sheet where your empties are landing

OnTheTrail
03-13-2012, 9:02 AM
I like to go Mondays and I can fill up a 5 gallon bucket of brass. Last time I shot where somebody had camped. There was huge area of turd covered toilet paper. Fawkers didn't have the decency to bury it.

kotetu
03-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Be careful with firepits! I carelessly put my hand into one to clean it up and got a fistfull of glass for my trouble!

It's admirable of you guys to go clean up the range. :)

nrakid88
03-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Last time I was there. There was krap all over. I took what I could. Guess I should I should thank the idiot for all the 45 ACP brass. But I still had to pick it up... The metal I recycled for 30 bucks. Thanks. I think...But at least it paid for my gas...
Anyone need any 12 Ga hulls? I have 3 Tannerite boxes of them. 400 rnds or more. They are yours if you reload. Just pay shipping. Got 2000 rnds of LC 5.56 brass too. But that is my once fired from 62g green tip and is for sale. PM me... Get it out of my garage and reload it. I have way too much 5.56 as it is...
Just goes to show. One mans trash is another mans' treasure. But please stop dumping on our public lands and clean up your sh*t like you wipe your A** in the morning! If this land is closed, We can't shoot anymore. I am just happy that recycling makes it worth my while to clean up after you slobs. But when the land is closed. We all lose. So PULL YOUR HEAD OUT! Before it is too FK'n late! James.

OP, shorten that message, paint it onto a picket sign, clear coat it for element protection, and leave it at your shooting spot.

It would then reach the appropriate audience.

Jel
03-13-2012, 1:49 PM
It is a damn shame that people have no problem with the effort bring stuff out there but can't haul it back out.

Pack it in, pack it out, people.

We want this place and others to stay open.

BroncoBob
03-13-2012, 5:43 PM
It just continues to boggle my mind why people think they can just leave their trash there. Like Dig & Jel says if this continues they will close it down. Wonder how many of the azzcans who leave trash there are calgunners?

Model17
03-17-2012, 8:33 PM
I was there last weekend and what I saw was a damn shame.

I'd be in for a clean up.

skark_burmer
03-20-2012, 6:47 PM
Deleted

Peter W Bush
03-20-2012, 6:54 PM
Disgusting! I guess that's what happens when you're not a Boy Scout lol. "Always leave an area cleaner than you found it" or something like that. OP, PM sent

r3dn3ck
03-20-2012, 7:01 PM
OP, shorten that message, paint it onto a picket sign, clear coat it for element protection, and leave it at your shooting spot.

It would then reach the appropriate audience.

who would then; given prior displays of their proclivities, proceed to shoot the sign until there was a pile of splinters and a few nails and then dump some trash and shoot at that for a while, leaving the brass and dumping a bucket of nails and broken razor blades on their way out.

Best we can do is honestly police ourselves and that means game cameras and anonymous envelopes. Unless we want to see that we need to go the extra mile every time we go out. I'm usually happy to have the free brass/hulls and if I luck out some good weight for recycle day.

EDIT: I'm less happy about the bucket full of nails screws and glass I normally return with but them's the breaks. I get downright grumpy about some of the really toxic stuff and the never ending plastic and appliances.

tzotzo
03-25-2012, 8:05 PM
I believe that there is a certain group that thinks BLM is truly a wasteland to begin with, and what's the big deal by leaving behind garbage in such a barren area. At least it's good news that there is at least the group on this thread that is willing to bring the contractor trash bags or whatever, and purposefully spend a couple hours cleaning up.

Hard to stop though. Even the rangers literally have to be there watching someone leave their crap behind before citing them. One solution will be to close the land with locks and open up only to those who pay for permit access and have numbered keys and are required to sign in over the web or on site. If anyone gets caught without doing either one, they get a huge fine. *maybe* that would lessen the abuse.