PDA

View Full Version : leupold 1.5-5 x22 m/rt

reddot45
04-11-2007, 6:36 AM
anyone have one?thinking about buying one for my ptr91k..i'm looking for all positives or negatives..thanks

bwiese
04-12-2007, 6:06 PM
anyone have one?thinking about buying one for my ptr91k..i'm looking for all positives or negatives..thanks

Nice, but have you considered the 2-8X version?

brando
04-12-2007, 9:27 PM
You know, I think it's an excellent scope, one of the better of the Leupold tactical line. Definitely a good short-intermediate range optic.

Technical Ted
04-12-2007, 10:05 PM
You know, I think it's an excellent scope, one of the better of the Leupold tactical line. Definitely a good short-intermediate range optic.
I agree. I have the PR/T. The PR/T version with the Special Purpose Reticle is OK, but I wish I'd gone with the illuminated reticle and larger tube.

tiger222
04-13-2007, 6:49 AM
how big is this optic? / how are you going to mount it? The claw mount set up by it's nature does not favor heavy glass - the 4x hensoldt is really tuned for this type of rifle.... however if you are using an B&T style mount, then you should be ok :)

reddot45
04-14-2007, 8:00 AM
yes..i have the B&T mount..i am also going to have to pick up one of those magpull adjustable stocks...maybe use some ARMS quick lever return to zero rings ..i want the optic to just clear the rear sight..i have one of the new ARMS #63 throw lever platform i will probably sell as it will get the scope to high

Technical Ted
04-14-2007, 9:41 AM
yes..i have the B&T mount..i am also going to have to pick up one of those magpull adjustable stocks...maybe use some ARMS quick lever return to zero rings ..i want the optic to just clear the rear sight..i have one of the new ARMS #63 throw lever platform i will probably sell as it will get the scope to high
Make sure your mount provides enough eye relief. If I had gone with a ring set, the scope would have by necessity been mounted so far back on the receiver that my cheek weld would be on the end of the buttstock.

I wound up going with a Larue SPR 1.5 mount. This gives me enough eye relief and it mounts the scope high enough to clear a Troy Rear BUIS.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a Larue. Could be a combination of a scout rail riser and high rings, or another brand of single piece cantilever scope mount.