PDA

View Full Version : Cooper model 56 rifle question?

ARFAN
03-12-2012, 3:33 PM
Any Calguns owned the Cooper rilfes. what do you think about them? I want to get a rifle for the this summer hunting. A gun store will sell me a model 56 BNIB custom classic with AAA wood in 7mm Rem mag with price $2960.00? is it a fair price? I checked the MSRP is $3499.00 but dun't know about the dealer price
Thanks in advance.

toby
03-12-2012, 3:44 PM
I don't get the Summer hunting, what are you Hunting?.... I don't know the price on a classic custom but if thats less than to order one, it's a deal. I know the wait for Coopers is up to 1 year and more, AAA wood is gorgeous stuff, thats what your paying for on top of the top end barreled action.

ARFAN
03-12-2012, 3:47 PM
I don't get the Summer hunting, what are you Hunting?.... I don't know the price on a classic custom but if thats less than to order one, it's a deal. I know the wait for Coopers is up to 1 year and more, AAA wood is gorgeous stuff, thats what your paying for on top of the top end barreled action.

plan to go for hog hunting by the end of May. Thanks for your comments

toby
03-12-2012, 3:51 PM
Cool , make sure it's a repeater, rather than a single shot! but I'm sure you know that, Thats a hell of a pig gun, good luck either way on both the Rifle and the Hunt.

ARFAN
03-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Any Calguns has experienced with this manufacture? what is the Pros and cons ?

zfields
03-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Man, thats an expensive gun to bring out in the brush!

ARFAN
03-13-2012, 4:09 PM
Man, thats an expensive gun to bring out in the brush!

So..you advised that should bring a cheap one instead of expensive one in the brush.:oji:;)

CHS
03-13-2012, 5:00 PM
Any Calguns has experienced with this manufacture? what is the Pros and cons ?

I'm not sure exactly what you want to know. Cooper makes some of the most top end rifles out there. Period.

Pro: One of the best rifles you can buy.
Con: One of the best rifles you can buy (I.E. Very expensive).

If you've got the money to afford a Ferrari, then by all means. But if you just need something that will get you to work and back, a Honda will serve you just as well.

You want to hunt pig, right? A $600 Remington will do just fine. So will the $3000 Cooper.

So what's your question, again?

kmullins
03-13-2012, 8:54 PM
Cooper Firearms make a very fine rifle, and from what I've heard, they are top notch in terms of customer service. They do make a beautiful rifle and offer some very nice options (engraving, upgraded wood, etc.).

I would never take a Cooper into the field, but that's just me. The wood and finish on those rifles is so beautiful I wouldn't want to damage it. Coopers are known for their accuracy, as they guarantee three shot groups of 1/2" at 100 yards for all centerfire rifles.

ARFAN
03-14-2012, 8:06 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you want to know. Cooper makes some of the most top end rifles out there. Period.

Pro: One of the best rifles you can buy.
Con: One of the best rifles you can buy (I.E. Very expensive).

If you've got the money to afford a Ferrari, then by all means. But if you just need something that will get you to work and back, a Honda will serve you just as well.

You want to hunt pig, right? A $600 Remington will do just fine. So will the $3000 Cooper.

So what's your question, again?

My question is if this model Cooper is worth the money to buy with this price

ARFAN
03-14-2012, 8:08 PM
Cooper Firearms make a very fine rifle, and from what I've heard, they are top notch in terms of customer service. They do make a beautiful rifle and offer some very nice options (engraving, upgraded wood, etc.).

I would never take a Cooper into the field, but that's just me. The wood and finish on those rifles is so beautiful I wouldn't want to damage it. Coopers are known for their accuracy, as they guarantee three shot groups of 1/2" at 100 yards for all centerfire rifles.

another comment to make me hesitate to bring out the Cooper into the hunt.:eek::rolleyes:

CHS
03-14-2012, 9:51 PM
My question is if this model Cooper is worth the money to buy with this price

Of course they are. It truly is a case of getting what you pay for.

Question is, will you be able to bring yourself to take this fine piece of artwork outside for a hunt once you've got it?