PDA

View Full Version : are knives more dangerous than guns

five.five-six
04-10-2007, 5:16 PM
this may be a dupe, I think we all knew this but I did not know how bad it was

knife attack training video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1459052511793821456&q=knife+defense&hl=en)

Surveyor
04-10-2007, 5:18 PM
Yeah, it's a dupe.

M. Sage
04-10-2007, 5:25 PM
It's been here before, but it's always good to remember. Knives are scary when you're close to them.

mblat
04-10-2007, 5:25 PM
No it isn't... They were talking about attacker with knife being too close for officer to defend. This is absolutely valid concept. If anything is dupe they were taling about ability to deliver 2 rounds to the attacker when he is only 12 feet away.
Unless Brits have much longer feets that not going to happend..

http://www.usadojo.com/articles/21-feet-valid.htm

M. Sage
04-10-2007, 5:26 PM
Dupe = duplicate.

Dont Tread on Me
04-10-2007, 6:00 PM
These are Germans! The British police don't get guns (generally).

This Suarez trainning video says about the same thing:

http://www.suarezinternational.com/interfacetrailer.wmv

Serpentine
04-10-2007, 7:21 PM
In some recent tactical response classes it was proven quite clearly that an adrenalin pumped bad guy with a knife could overcome a highly trained tactical unit officer FROM 25 FEET before the (anticipating) officer could place an accurate killing shot from his open holstered handgun.

It was a real eye opener to say the least. A key to defending against this is to MOVE off the X, then place some distance from the attacker. Upset his OODA loop.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
04-10-2007, 10:00 PM
are knives more dangerous than guns
They might be. I've hurt myself with a knife. I drove a friend to the hospital after he hurt his hand with a knife. But I've never known somebody who hurt themselves with a gun.

medic707
04-10-2007, 10:18 PM
are knives more dangerous than guns
They might be. I've hurt myself with a knife. I drove a friend to the hospital after he hurt his hand with a knife. But I've never known somebody who hurt themselves with a gun.
I have
2 words "garand thumb" :D

Charliegone
04-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Let me tell you...I feel safer handling a gun than a sword...one wrong swing..and ..:eek:

Mssr. Eleganté
04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I've got almost 100 guns, but no knives, except for all of the really dull bayonets that come with the surplus rifles.

Knives still give me the heebie-jeebies. None of the gun guys I know have ever accidently shot themselves, but all of the knife guys keep showing me scars they get from their knife collections.

M. Sage
04-10-2007, 10:32 PM
I guess I'm lucky, I haven't ever really cut myself with any of my knives... not "scar" bad. Never shot myself with one of my guns either, though. :p

383green
04-10-2007, 11:04 PM
I've cut myself with a knife and taken a trip to the hospital, but I haven't hurt myself with a gun. Garand thumb hasn't been a problem for me, because I learned how to load mine the right way, instead of the way the manual shows! :eek:

kilword
04-10-2007, 11:53 PM
I Think someones more likley to stab you then shoot you.

Dont Tread on Me
04-11-2007, 5:05 AM
In some recent tactical response classes it was proven quite clearly that an adrenalin pumped bad guy with a knife could overcome a highly trained tactical unit officer FROM 25 FEET before the (anticipating) officer could place an accurate killing shot from his open holstered handgun.

It was a real eye opener to say the least. A key to defending against this is to MOVE off the X, then place some distance from the attacker. Upset his OODA loop.

Good Post. I love that none of the officers in this video move and that the femail at the end draws to where the attacker was and ignores that his now behind her.