PDA

View Full Version : EMP 9mm OWB holster

Mezcalfud
03-10-2012, 4:49 PM
I am looking for a Kydex OWB holster for my wifes EMP. Safariland has the 568 in 3.5inch for the Colt Officer model and I like Safariland as they don't feel "plastic". I have switched all my holsters to the 6378 ALS and I would really like something similar for the EMP with retention if possible. Any other ideas (no Serpa).

fullrearview
03-10-2012, 4:54 PM
There are about a million companies out there man... Just googlle them. I don't know if Raven Concealment makes one for that or not, but they are good. There are also a few of us here (myself included) that make custom holsters.

I don't make them for that weapon, but someone should be along shortly. ;)

Mezcalfud
03-10-2012, 5:06 PM
I've googled like crazy and retention is non existent from what I can find. This is not a cc either and she wants to do some tactical shoots.

fullrearview
03-10-2012, 9:50 PM
Have you thought about making her one yourself??? Not that hard at all.

Old4eyes
03-11-2012, 9:27 PM
I like my Silent Thunder for my 1911, and am considering getting one for my EMP. It's a kydex holster that is leather lined. You ask for retention capability, they do offer a line that has a hood, but it's an expensive item. I don't have one of those so I can't speak to the quality, but if it matches the stock Silent Thunder, it should be very good.

http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/duty-holsters/

Mezcalfud
03-11-2012, 9:53 PM
I am looking at the Silent Thunder and waiting for a response from G-code re: the XST for a 1911 compact. The Garrett is awesome but man, that is a chunk of change.

SgtJT27
03-12-2012, 1:27 AM
Like these
I just finished a couple for the EMP
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx250/SgtJT27/d7ddc628.jpg

Mezcalfud
04-01-2012, 1:34 PM
OK, so retention is pretty much out and I am torn between the Garrett Silent Thunder OWB and the Bladetech DOH. I read that the doh is a good fit for the ladies. The Bladetech looks to be a less expensive and more modular option.

locosway
04-01-2012, 10:05 PM
OK, so retention is pretty much out and I am torn between the Garrett Silent Thunder OWB and the Bladetech DOH. I read that the doh is a good fit for the ladies. The Bladetech looks to be a less expensive and more modular option.

Garrett makes some quality holsters. The Bladetech is definitely more generic. Did you look at Safariland?

I want to start making my own holsters too, but I'd need to find a way to not make them so wide.

Mezcalfud
04-02-2012, 9:12 PM
I did look at Safariland but I keep going back to the dropped and offset as being good for the women. I love the ALS for all my set ups. The Bladetech can be more modular. The Garrett is nice but it gets expensive when going to the DOH and back. I don't think the Garrett will fit a Bladetech DOH set up...
Make your own is great but I need something away from the body and not pancake.