View Full Version : Question about moving hi cap mags into state

03-10-2012, 6:50 AM
OK, unfortunately I am faced with moving back to CA, south central valley to be more exact, after having kissed this place good by and moving to Montana. There, my love of my 2A rights really took off.

So I have sold my "panther stamped" DPMS lowers and bought OLL's for my AR15's and LR 308's. and installed the dang BB's on them. But I still have a question about the Mags and I want to make sure I am correct. My understanding is, that even though I obtained them legally elsewhere, at this point(after some deadline in 2008?), it is illegal for me to even posses them when i am in CA in functioning form because I did not own them before 2000. had I owned them prior to that, I would have been fine to posses them.

How would the LEO, DA, or DOJ know that I did not own them before 2000?

Is that correct?

truthfully I am very nervous about what i am getting into. I plan on enjoying the sierra's as much as possible, but in reading that unless I have a CCW I am SOL on protecting myself while hiking, fishing, wandering etc. I did not realize this when i lived here before, but then i was not really wanting to exercise my 2A rights.

Montana, as soon as you step out of the incorporated city limits, you can loaded open carry all day long...

I hope to be a helpful contributor and a supporter here.


03-10-2012, 6:53 AM
добро пожаловать домой товарищ

"welcome home comrade"

03-10-2012, 6:59 AM
You cannot bring the mags in as assembled mags. So, you can either disassemble them as parts while in CA and reassemble them when you leave the state, or try selling them before you get here. The DOJ would have to prove that you bought them after 2000, you're innocent until proven guilty.

03-10-2012, 7:00 AM
Here you go. Read this thread:


03-10-2012, 7:04 AM