View Full Version : FFL Question: Gun Show Sales Process

03-09-2012, 6:42 PM
A polite question to the FFL community. I have received conflicting information regarding gun show firearms sales from dealers / vendors (not private party sales) at the show. I am a private buyer interested in purchasing one or more firearms (long guns) at the Ventura gun show this weekend. I assume the standard forms need to be completed but what is the wait period and how do you receive the firearm if the dealer at the show is not local?

Thank you in advance for your guidance and feed back.

03-09-2012, 7:34 PM
Not an FFL here. But, the procedure is the forms get filled out and you wait the 10 days. Usually, the seller will have a agreement with a local FFL to handle the hand off. Kinda like when someone sends you a firearm from another State.

03-10-2012, 5:48 AM
I've worked a few local gunshows. If the selling dealer is not local, they can hand the firearm off (with CFLC letter, of course :mad:) to a local dealer. The local dealer will complete all the paperwork and submit the DROS either there or later at their shop. That will depend on whether or not they have internet access at the gun show. Your ten day wait begins when the DROS is submitted; so, it may end up being 11 days. The local dealer will probably charge a fee for doing the paperwork.