PDA

View Full Version : AR need Help?

jtkkz
03-09-2012, 12:26 PM
I built my first AR, upper was already assembled, just built the lower.

I finally got a chance to go to the range today. I shot 7 rounds and the gun stop working. I am not sure what the problem is.

I can hear the hammer go down, but the firing pin not hitting the ammo, the ammo is in the barrel but no marks on the ammo

It seems like the firing pin is stuck or got stuck or something, let me know how to fix this issue.

thanks

ExtremeX
03-09-2012, 12:32 PM
IF you bought the entire upper assembled along with the BCG take it back to the vendor... the issue might be with the BCG. Assuming there is nothing wrong with your fire control group, hammer, disconector, trigger, and all items in the lower are functioning correct.

Have taken the BCG appart? Check the firing pin for damage, if its not hitting the primer maybe the tip of the pin broke off... Something could also be obstructing it from moving foward.

Johnnyfres
03-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Make sure rifle is unloaded and pull BCG and check your firing pin. Look for an visible damage

Where is the upper from? Did the Bolt Carrier Group come with it?

Also please state what type of ammo you are using?

How to dissasemble BCG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIW7w1TIgwY

jtkkz
03-09-2012, 1:10 PM
BCG = is that the bolt?

I can't even take the upper off, since the bolt is stuck back

jtkkz
03-09-2012, 1:11 PM
I bought everything locally, local dealer.

Is it a complete upper assembled from Del-ton and a del-ton lower, macthing set.

jtkkz
03-09-2012, 1:12 PM
I was using american eagle

TwinStick
03-09-2012, 1:50 PM
The bolt is stuck back? what happens when you hit the bolt release button? Have you removed the magazine, and tried to release the bolt? Have your trigger pins walked loose? You can remove the upper with the bolt back, but it's not going to be real pretty.

jtkkz
03-09-2012, 4:18 PM
yes the bolt is stuck back, probably got stuck on the buffer pin maybe?

My friend who has built many AR's for LEO's will come over tommorow to inspect it, it has happen to one of his ar before.

Hopefully nothing serious

Johnnyfres
03-09-2012, 4:33 PM
BCG = bolt carrier group. Good to have a buddy that can help. Good luck with it.

cabinetguy
03-09-2012, 5:45 PM
first double check everything. second, make sure it is lubed well, especially for the break in period. I would also pull out the BCG and make sure the firing pin is free to move

SURVIVOR619
03-09-2012, 5:48 PM
jtkkz, let us know what you find out brother! I'm about to pin my first cimplete upper to a lower that I assemble and would appreciate learning from your experience.

Thanks, Survivor

AeroEngi
03-09-2012, 6:13 PM
yes the bolt is stuck back, probably got stuck on the buffer pin maybe?

My friend who has built many AR's for LEO's will come over tommorow to inspect it, it has happen to one of his ar before.

Hopefully nothing serious

The buffer pin shouldn't be touching the BCG at any time. Are you sure you installed the buffer tube correctly so it won't let the buffer pin pop out?

gemini1
03-09-2012, 6:46 PM
So the bolt is stuck back, but not all the way back since you said you were able to pull the trigger, and its just back far enough to see the ammo in the chamber? Its possible that a piece of metal or something got wedge between bolt and upper. Can you even try to pull the charging handle all the way back and get the round out? or can you even get the round out at all?

ExtremeX
03-09-2012, 7:49 PM
How about you post a picture

jtkkz
03-10-2012, 10:47 AM
problem solved, buffer pin popped out... we fixed it