PDA

View Full Version : AK receiver question?

Eddie1965
03-08-2012, 11:08 PM
I recently bought an AES-10B (Century built), I currently have 8 922r parts in the rifle counting the magazine, but I don't want to rely on the magazine to be compliant. Do you guys know If Century uses US made receivers? One side of the of the receiver has the caliber and the other says "AES-10B Romania Century Arms Vt which is where I'm confused. If the receiver is made in the USA that would bring my 922r parts to 6 without counting the magazine. I already googled and some people say they were built by Century and others say they were imported as a complete rifle. Any knowledge/help would be appreciated. Thanks.

SJgunguy24
03-08-2012, 11:21 PM
You only need 6 compliance parts total.

Eddie1965
03-08-2012, 11:40 PM
You only need 6 compliance parts total.

I know I only need 6, but since I'm not sure where the receiver was made I'm relaying on the magazine to get me to the magic number which I don't want to do. If the receiver is made in the US then I'm good to go using imported mags.

PEZHEAD265
03-09-2012, 4:08 AM
What are the 5 you have already?

http://home.comcast.net/~navy87guy/home/922r.html

ZX-10R
03-09-2012, 6:03 AM
I recently bought an AES-10B (Century built), I currently have 8 922r parts in the rifle counting the magazine, but I don't want to rely on the magazine to be compliant. Do you guys know If Century uses US made receivers? One side of the of the receiver has the caliber and the other says "AES-10B Romania Century Arms Vt which is where I'm confused. If the receiver is made in the USA that would bring my 922r parts to 6 without counting the magazine. I already googled and some people say they were built by Century and others say they were imported as a complete rifle. Any knowledge/help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Romanian built. I am finally picking mine up today or tomorrow AM.

69Mach1
03-09-2012, 6:07 AM
Romanian receiver.

Typical Century M.O.

Leave the muzzle device welded on. It's now a part of the barrel and doesn't count. Add US parts: Pistol Grip, Fire Control Group, and gas piston.

bigthaiboy
03-09-2012, 6:18 AM

No, the AES-10B is built in the same factory as the WASR. The receiver is built by Cugir in Romania, and Century Arms in Vermont are only the importers. On importation, Century makes some small modifications to it to make it importable under 922(R), hence the term "assembled by Century" is sometimes used in some of the marketing info.

Please list the 8 US parts you already have, so we can see what additional counted part you can change out or remove.

Therunningidiot
03-09-2012, 6:22 AM
http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyComplianceThere's something that should help you keep track of 922.r.

NorCalK9.com
03-09-2012, 8:17 AM
Heres how I make it easy on my AK's.
Fcg=3
Furniture=3
Muzzle device=1
Mags=3
Now you can m

NorCalK9.com
03-09-2012, 8:20 AM
Heres how I make it easy on my AK's.
Fcg=3
Furniture=3
Muzzle device=1
Mags=3
Now you can mix and match. I buy alot of u.s. Floor plates, all my mags have a us floor plate. All rifles have tapco fcg. Some have u.s. Made furniture, some dont, the ones that dont still have fcg, floorplate, u.s.floorplate muzzle device, and pg.

Eddie1965
03-09-2012, 9:16 AM
The 8 parts I currently have are: Fcg 3, US magazine 3, piston 1 and muzzle device 1 for a total of 8.

bigthaiboy
03-09-2012, 3:16 PM
The 8 parts I currently have are: Fcg 3, US magazine 3, piston 1 and muzzle device 1 for a total of 8.

Easiest thing to do would be to change the pistol grip to a US-made one, and that would give you your 6 counted parts, even if you are using imported mags.
Removing the PG altogether will also give you your required 10 imported parts to be 922(r) compliant.

philobeddoe
03-09-2012, 4:35 PM
you'll probably end up swapping out the fire control group, why not do it now with a US made Tapco or Texas Ak Triggers (http://texasaktriggers.com/#triggers)?

PEZHEAD265
03-10-2012, 7:12 AM

Change out the pistol grip to US made one and then you have the total to 6.Check the receiver it should say where it was made.It is a good Idea not to count on your mag to make up the 6 or more US peices to be 922r compliant because if someone put in a non US mag in it you commited a felony.I'm not saying that anyone will care or inforce it that you broke 922r compliant law it is just better to be safe.Is this a CIA AK??Or is it your build??