PDA

View Full Version : Another Lost Customer

Lifeon2whls
03-08-2012, 9:50 PM
You know I grew up in the valley and the Reseda Turner's was one of those places where I have spent countless dollars on "stuff" as a kid and now an adult. I got out of the sport for a while and have decided to get back into it. Figured I would pay Turner's another visit and see what was new and pick up a few new items for the collection. Well after a one hour wait I left with nothing in hand because I hadn't even made it to my number yet...I gave some other poor bastard behind me mine number as I walked out. I went in a second time and same deal...but this time I waited it out and made it to the counter. I was greeted with people who seemed force to work and wanted nothing better than to see the whole crowd gone. So I looked at a couple pieces and went and bought my new AR and Glock elsewhere...and I will make sure to do so going forward.

Sorry Turner's but you've lost another one. I can understand the crowds and having to wait but when you have volume like that it does pay to put another head or two behind the counter and make sure the people who are there want to be there.

SwiftWiz
03-08-2012, 10:04 PM
You know I grew up in the valley and the Reseda Turner's was one of those places where I have spent countless dollars on "stuff" as a kid and now an adult. I got out of the sport for a while and have decided to get back into it. Figured I would pay Turner's another visit and see what was new and pick up a few new items for the collection. Well after a one hour wait I left with nothing in hand because I hadn't even made it to my number yet...I gave some other poor bastard behind me mine number as I walked out. I went in a second time and same deal...but this time I waited it out and made it to the counter. I was greeted with people who seemed force to work and wanted nothing better than to see the whole crowd gone. So I looked at a couple pieces and went and bought my new AR and Glock elsewhere...and I will make sure to do so going forward.

Sorry Turner's but you've lost another one. I can understand the crowds and having to wait but when you have volume like that it does pay to put another head or two behind the counter and make sure the people who are there want to be there.

Agreed.

hooked on glock
03-09-2012, 7:32 AM
anotherone bites the dust ...

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-09-2012, 1:39 PM
... Well after a one hour wait I left with nothing in hand because I hadn't even made it to my number yet...I gave some other poor bastard behind me mine number as I walked out. I went in a second time and same deal......

Agreed.

We agree, too. While we have got a lot done in the two years since the ownership change, there is still plenty of work to do with our systems and the people that we entrust to take care of our customers. Words are just that but hopefully you'll see the changes you expect as we continue to rebuild the company. The changes will continue and your feedback will help guide those improvements (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=545751).

LikeAllGuns
03-09-2012, 1:46 PM
:popcorn:

Baconator
03-09-2012, 1:48 PM
Careful, some new poster will come on here and challenge either your manhood or adulthood for expressing your displeasure with Turners.

Dirtbiker
03-09-2012, 1:53 PM
Quality employees need to be paid accordingly and the dead wood should get tossed out, regularly.

5kvdave
03-09-2012, 5:28 PM
More space @ the counter for me.

TDL2024
03-10-2012, 2:16 AM
I walked out that same store Wednesday....there were 4 customers there when I arrived at 6:30pm to buy some 9mm ammo and DROS a lower and rifle, in other words....I was planning on spending money and not window shopping (which is how the employees at that store seem to treat everyone; like they're not expecting you to buy anything so they put no effort forth in helping....I've actually heard one of them say that before btw) but I never got a chance to. Spent 30 minutes there, not too long a wait...but considering there's only 4 other people (and 2 of them were a couple) I was disappointed to see 3 people in the office and hear them chatting it up. I can understand one guy, maybe 2 if it's some important meeting or something....but it seems like every time I go to that store the office is packed with people making small talk and laughing loudly and there's always the same 2 guys who are busting their butts trying to help the customers. Didn't feel like waiting for the one guy who was actually working to get to my number because at that rate I'd be kicked out as closing time wasn't far off.

More help, and people who don't look down their noses at you would be nice.

philobeddoe
03-10-2012, 2:25 AM
I live right around the corner from the Reseda Turner's, but I drive up to Simi and to Ft. Courage 1st, and then Greta's. It's worth the drive, quality shops but both different, and there's good bqq down the street. Better overall experience, and stress free.

glock21fan
03-10-2012, 5:14 AM
Ditto. Actually had one guy at the west covina store mumble to his coworkers oh let me see what these fat guys want. Refering to me and my friend.

MA5177
03-10-2012, 5:21 PM
I really like turners but that store is a fn joke. Why turners even has a store in a city with wack gun laws is beyond me, nothing can be bought or transferred with a short barrel. And it was also pointed out that you can not dros a handgun more than once every 30 days in the city of LA weather it's ppt or new.

Steve1968LS2
03-11-2012, 8:28 AM
Reseda is just a bad story.. worse in the chain maybe?

I get good service at Corona, Orange and San Marcos.. but when it's busy you have to wait.. it's like that with everything in life.

It's sort of like crying that you had to wait 90 minutes to ride Space Mountain at Disneyland and blaming D-land for not having more cars on the ride.

carlosdarwin
03-11-2012, 12:52 PM
I've started going to Turner's in Signal Hill since getting the holiday flyer and usually get pretty good service. I've picked a piece once a month since X-mas, and don't have any complaints--helped mainly by Lee and Darius, who've been great. The older, Santa Clause-style guy (Robert?) is very knowledgeable, and is willing to spend plenty of time with the customer. He gets a little too preachy with his political rants, but otherwise a fine salesperson.

I wish they did transfers from Internet purchases so that they would get 100% of my business. I have to go to Ammo Bros. to do that...and they are certainly not into customer service.

I realize that others have had different experiences, but at least for me at Turners SH, I think they're doing solid work.

mmurdock77
03-11-2012, 10:06 PM
I've started going to Turner's in Signal Hill since getting the holiday flyer and usually get pretty good service. I've picked a piece once a month since X-mas, and don't have any complaints--helped mainly by Lee and Darius, who've been great. The older, Santa Clause-style guy (Robert?) is very knowledgeable, and is willing to spend plenty of time with the customer. He gets a little too preachy with his political rants, but otherwise a fine salesperson.

I wish they did transfers from Internet purchases so that they would get 100% of my business. I have to go to Ammo Bros. to do that...and they are certainly not into customer service.

I realize that others have had different experiences, but at least for me at Turners SH, I think they're doing solid work.

I've had the exact opposite experience. I've been there exactly twice for DROS. The first time, they chat among themselves while there is a line waiting for service. These are customers interested in buying a firearm from them, potentially cash in hand, and the staff won't even acknowledge them. When they eventually do, it's with a hard "sigh" and a nose in the air.

The second time the buyer of my gun insisted we DROS there (apparently lived very close). I was selling a Gen 4 G17 and when I walked in and checked my gun at the counter, the guy started yelling at me to "GET OUT OF HIS STORE WITH AN ILLEGAL GUN". I kind of just paused a second and waited for the "awwwww, just kidding man", but it never came. Dude was dead serious. Guy was huffing and puffing his lardy chest and even started trying to walk me out. It took me calling over the manager and explaining that an off roster DROS was fine as long as it was PPT. Manager finally comes to his senses, and made the clerk do the PPT.

I guess I should say, that there are times where they do have an occasional good deal (Kimber Custom 2's are always $750), but they're few and far between and personally, I don't see the appeal when you can get the same supplies online for a fraction of the price.

LikeAllGuns
03-11-2012, 10:20 PM
:popcorn: soory I have to be a good boy...I got a slap on the wrist last time I had an opinion in one of these turner rooms....

:hide:

CRACKERJACK
03-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Their store in San Diego on Kearny Mesa has a nice staff. I've talked to a few of them and they were easy to work with and helpful. It's just that waittttt. They need to hire more people bad. I don't think they realize how many potential buyers they are losing. I personally never plan on buying a gun there, or even look at their deals because of their wait.

robz@turners
03-12-2012, 10:16 AM
We had an interview day last week and put 4 people into the hiring process. The problem in the City is that they cannot work behind the gun counter until they get their firearms permit from the City of LA. That takes a minimum of a couple of weeks.

Thank you for your feedback be it good, bad or ideas on something we can do better.

CRACKERJACK
03-13-2012, 1:18 PM
Hopefully the one in Kearny hires some people. The wait is literally the only thing holding me back, other then that I almost want to go there because of their staff. They've always been helpful and apologetic for the inconveniences.

raymond200m
03-15-2012, 10:56 AM
I hadnít been to the shooting range for many years, so I decided to buy a new toy and beck into shooting. I bought my new gun from Reseda last year from a young salesmen. I already knew what I wanted so I wasnít looking at a bunch of guns and asking dumb questions. All I got was juts attitude wasnít friendly didnít want to answer any questions, he was more interested at his young female coworker. He was flirting the entire time I was there. I did buy the gun from him because I really wanted the gun, but decided never to go to the Reseda store again. Iím not saying that all the employees are bad because when I went to pickup my gun it was an older gentlemen that helped me, he was very friendly, he answered all my questions. I would go back if I know I didnít have to see the young guy

Palmaris
04-02-2012, 3:17 PM
Long line in Reseda is really annoying and I guess not much can be done with all gun sales happening now. A lot of people come to the store without doing their homework on what actually they want to buy, so it takes a lot of time for sales people to show, explain and so on.
There is guy Rick G, 2 times he was sales person when I bought 22/45 and GP100 and both times it was real pleasurable experience. He is very professional, courtesy and efficient as it possible can be. OUTSTANDING SERVICE from Rick G!!!
Just because of Rick G, I will definitely come back to spend more money in Turners Reseda

BTW, I did buy guns from Oak Tree Gun Club, Gun World in Burbank, Guns Direct in Burbank, bought some stuff from Greta's and so on. So I know how good or how bad sales person can be.

john.t.singh
04-02-2012, 3:45 PM
Hopefully the one in Kearny hires some people. The wait is literally the only thing holding me back, other then that I almost want to go there because of their staff. They've always been helpful and apologetic for the inconveniences.

the folks at kearny are nice, it just sucks how hammered the get. I have resorted to not calling Kearny anymore if I have questions, instead I'll call San Marcos.