PDA

View Full Version : Larue OBR 16" 7.62 & 5.56

TreeHugger
03-08-2012, 8:54 PM
Used to have a Robar SR90 308 (awesome rifle) and a Bushmaster XM15 5.56, then got a DPMS LRT-SASS, but wanted something more precise. Read a LOT of positives about Larue, so I placed an order for the OBR 16" 7.62, now just have to sit and wait about 4 months. Suddenly had the itch for a good 5.56 and the local dealer by chance had the OBR 16" in stock, went there to check it out. WOW, what a nice built, perfect finish, there is also NO play between the upper and lower (excellent machining), hand guard is VERY comfortable and an overall good feel and balance to it, weight is not too bad at 7.5lbs, just a really killer rifle, so I end up grabbing the 5.56 also. Unlike other brands of AR that they had there, not including the LWRC, which was VERY nice also, the finish on all of them were so so, all had noticeable wiggle between the upper/lower, etc., that just made me respect the price of the Larue, that they are well worth it, plus, their customer service is second to none, except for their email, after several email questions and a few days later, either they are VERY busy or just not very good at responding to email.

Jpach
03-08-2012, 9:21 PM
Let us know when you get that 308, and post pictures of your groups!!!

cbaer5
03-08-2012, 9:26 PM
I hate you. I want one and No one has them around me.

MrPlink
03-08-2012, 9:53 PM
I like LARUE a lot and think you made a great choice, but receiver play is a non-issue, and if you get OCD enough its super easy to fix.

Anywhoo, hope the time flies for you and def keep us posted with range results and pix!

TreeHugger
03-08-2012, 10:18 PM
I hate you. I want one and No one has them around me.

Don't be hating, I just got lucky :43:

The funny thing is that I kept going in circles about the 5.56, since I just ordered the 7.62. I called the dealer and said that I will take it and would be by in a few days to pay for it, he put it aside for me. The next day, I called and said that I'm coming now, he said that someone else just called wanting to buy it. Oh well, beat him to the punch.

I believe Riflegear.com may have/had one or more in stock. They said that a customer is driving down there from Sacramento to do the paperwork and will have to drive back again to pick it up. Talking about desperately wanting it.

cbaer5
03-08-2012, 10:22 PM
I called them last week they have one but its an 18" i want the 16"

TreeHugger
03-08-2012, 10:22 PM
but receiver play is a non-issue

It just shows how good they are with a CNC, the LWRC was the same way, and I've heard the same with Armalite.