PDA

View Full Version : Is the panic starting already?

tenpercentfirearms
03-08-2012, 6:01 AM
I can't hardly find any AR15s in stock anywhere. I think the panic is starting again already.

OldShooter32
03-08-2012, 6:03 AM
Wait a few months...they will be for sale here on CalGuns when the panic wears off.

emy
03-08-2012, 6:23 AM
come on down, plenty here in south

tenpercentfirearms
03-08-2012, 8:01 AM
Are you guys dealers? I am not talking about in stores. I am talking about wholesalers. Tell me where you see AR15s in stock and which wholesaler. I found some S&W M&P15ORs at Acusport. That is about it.

paul0660
03-08-2012, 8:07 AM
I can't hardly find any AR15s in stock anywhere. I think the panic is starting again already.

Well, talking about it would just exacerbate it.

But, yes.

halifax
03-08-2012, 8:08 AM
These guys usually have them:

LRB of Long Island, Inc. Phone: 516-327-9061

Sorry. I was thinking of stripped receivers

PolishMike
03-08-2012, 8:09 AM
Are you guys dealers? I am not talking about in stores. I am talking about wholesalers. Tell me where you see AR15s in stock and which wholesaler. I found some S&W M&P15ORs at Acusport. That is about it.

Yah man, there aint much out there. Sports South has/had a bunch of Bushmasters but I cringe whenever I see one of those lol.
I just scored big on a batch of Colts, but I think they only lasted a day.

My reps are telling me they are already past 08 levels

Oh and I am SOOOO glad I pre-booked a lot of stuff over at SHOT and ACU. I actually have Daniel Defense rifles trickling in, a few M&P sports, and a couple others.

Munk
03-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Not a dealer (duh) but I figure I can contribute what I've seen lately from the other side of the counter.

I've been in to ammo bros a few times recently for a transfer, and to look for some things to buy; every time I was in there, a couple people were either picking up lowers, starting the 10 day for a lower, or in the process of figuring out which AR to buy off the shelf.

This is just a small sampling I know, but when you figure that I was in there less than an hour each day, and they were busy when I came in, and still busy when I left, I'd imagine there's a bit more moving than that.

the86d
03-08-2012, 1:16 PM
Spike's Tactical is always 2 weeks to 2 months out on orders, and has been for a long time, the last time I heard/ordered from them.

easyPZ
03-08-2012, 5:36 PM
Having put a particular rifle put on layaway at BudsGunShop.com in February, I recently received an email from them stating that their sales in Feb 2012 were 5 times that of Feb 2009.:2guns: They explained that shipments would be delayed more than normal. And it said they would gladly cancel anybody's order if they so choose without any fees since they needed more guns anyway.:eek: So yah, it seems there was some sort of rush.

EBR Works
03-08-2012, 7:39 PM
Sports South has/had a bunch of Bushmasters but I cringe whenever I see one of those lol.

Why the problem with Bushmasters? Educate me please.

..and yes, it's getting tough to find anything in stock. Virtually every model of XDM was out of stock with every wholesaler I checked a few days ago, but they are trickling back in. Can't find M&P Sports anywhere so I picked up some of the M&P150Rs and more Colts and Bushmasters.

INDABZ
03-08-2012, 11:59 PM
don't think its a panic but sales are crazy.....

Yes there aren't any ARs AKs or much of anything worthwhile just sitting around on the websites to grab.....no glocks....no HKs....

There is some stuff but not much....

Most people outside of Ca are already paying about a 100 ta 200 bux more per rifle in shops....

Saw a S&W sport for 950 bux.....gone the nxt day...:facepalm:

It was funny lot of distros had CA configurered rifles in stock but all the rest were gone....but even the CA ones are gone now;)

An ya bushmasters and a few mps are still hangin around....STAGs are extinct....by my count distros chewed up over 500 M2s in about 2 hours but only 10 per state if ya think about it so they went fast...

Try an find a WASR-10.....

Ammo prices on the rise 223 PMC $247 costa mesa show....315 at glendale...

Gonna be an interesting year for sure.....:oji:

Rigmarole
03-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Davidson has some AR's in stock:

Bushmaster
Colt
S&W
Ruger
Windham Weaponry

tenpercentfirearms
03-11-2012, 7:15 AM
Davidson has some AR's in stock:

Bushmaster
Colt
S&W
Ruger
Windham Weaponry

That is always the last place I check! Now are they 10 round models that they will sell direct to me?

geeknow
03-11-2012, 7:35 AM
We are seeing it too, Wes. Not only are AR's becoming a chore to locate, handguns are also tough to find...and dont get me started on ammo...

curvejunkie
03-11-2012, 7:38 AM
That is always the last place I check! Now are they 10 round models that they will sell direct to me?

I did snag a few Colts from there on Thursday but thats about it with the BB...

curvejunkie
03-11-2012, 7:39 AM
...and dont get me started on ammo...

Good Lord aint that the truth...

3GunFunShooter
03-11-2012, 12:15 PM
And so, it begins, again.

rogtac
03-11-2012, 1:15 PM

Jerry's may have a few right now, but I have a feeling RSR is going to be getting a lot sometime soon. I only base this on seeing that they are adding Noveske and LWRC, and a bunch of other Black rifle manufacturers. Also, they had gotten a good number of uppers over the past couple days, so I assume the rifles will follow.

Rigmarole
03-11-2012, 1:38 PM

Honestly, I didn't check to see which may have been CA compliant. Since I am a Nevadan posting on Calguns, I try to stay mindful of those things but that one slipped by me because we we talking dealer stuff and not consumer.

At the moment, it looks like there are a couple of Bushmaster CA compliant models in stock as well as some 10rd DPMS Oracles that seem to be allocated.

Also, New Frontier Armory (a Calguns site sponsor) is really ratcheting up their rifle production, built on both their forged and polymer lowers, and should be putting out some new stock very soon.

Good luck!!

PWPSK1
03-13-2012, 8:51 PM
Everything is getting tough to get...pre-orders I placed at the beginning of the year are the only thing keeping me in-stock on most guns. I wanted to add to my Daniel Defense order the other day and they told me they are sold out of every gun at their current production rate. Good luck

Tier One Arms
03-14-2012, 7:23 PM
I can't find Glocks (26 or 19) anywhere, anyone know any dist. that has them instock?

EBR Works
03-14-2012, 7:34 PM
I did a search today for Glocks with 8 distributors. All that is available is 17L, 17 Anniversary editions and other odd calibers. I did find Gen 4 G23 and G17 at one vendor but they are now all gone.

Direct Action Solutions
03-14-2012, 7:47 PM
Try finding a SA 1911. I talked to them directly and they informed me that they had 0 in stock. Ar's and AK's are back ordered with us everywhere.

I bet the ammo craze will get a bit worse. I think it is already as bad as in 08.

Im very curious to see how it goes...

Direct Action Solutions
03-14-2012, 7:48 PM
Try finding a SA 1911. I talked to them directly and they informed me that they had 0 in stock. Ar's and AK's are back ordered with us everywhere.

I bet the ammo craze will get a bit worse. I think it is already as bad as in 08.

Im very curious to see how it goes...

FLAWLS1
03-14-2012, 8:29 PM
Yeah, the panic must be here. I just got off the phone with my uncle who's a FFL dealer in Florida and he said he's been selling so many guns it's crazy. All the tactical shotguns are sold and he has 10 on order and 5 of those are already sold. People are really believing this end of the world crap. 10% of me thinks "anything can happen" so I might as well buy a lot of ammo. LOL

meazn123
03-15-2012, 2:40 PM
Are we talking about the 2012 end of the world crap or the foreign affairs part?

five.five-six
03-15-2012, 2:44 PM
No need to pannic, Obama won't be re elected

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/266410/thumbs/s-GAS-PRICES-large.jpg

dachan
03-15-2012, 8:49 PM
It's started; go to the RSR website, handguns: 409 in-stock out of 1749 results, 328 in-stock out of 1170 results.

tenpercentfirearms
03-16-2012, 5:54 AM
No need to pannic, Obama won't be re elected

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/266410/thumbs/s-GAS-PRICES-large.jpg

Yeah because the Republican candidates are so wonderful.

five.five-six
03-16-2012, 8:51 AM

read:

Shhhhhhhhh! last time Obama got elected, I made a lot of money :D

http://www.xdtalk.com/gallery/data/600/Salesman_of_the_year.jpg

efillc
03-16-2012, 9:28 AM
You bring up a good point. We're moving more guns now than even during last year's Christmas rush or this time last year when income tax refunds were hitting customers.

PolishMike
03-16-2012, 11:05 AM
This should tell you everything. The only Glock that the biggest distributor in the country has is a compensated 31 lol
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0fQcWbikiTk/T2OOJpto-EI/AAAAAAAAA4U/mBzai8v1TjI/s640/GlockStock.JPG

cabinetguy
03-16-2012, 2:47 PM
tax refund season? rather than the next scare, just sayin

tenpercentfirearms
03-17-2012, 7:58 AM
tax refund season? rather than the next scare, just sayin

We had tax refund season last year too, this did not happen.

Table Rock Arms
03-17-2012, 1:33 PM
I have had a couple of my reps from different distributors tell me that so far they are looking at this year being worse than 2008. Seems like there is literally nothing in stock anywhere.

Ryan

Nahuatl
03-18-2012, 1:28 AM
Well Wes, thanks for the heads up. I called a friend of mine who builds custom uppers and lowers and he looked at his suppliers' inventories, like you did, and while he typed and talked, told me he planned to make a big parts order on Monday. So whether it's real or just a scare, or whether there's any follow through remains to be seen, but it smells like it has apparently begun again. He said he thought it was all these new prepper TV shows driving new gun sales.

It's the 1966 Mellow Yellow banana shortage all over again.

Gaston Glock has a new 30-something year old wife. He needs another billion.

curvejunkie
03-18-2012, 6:58 AM
We were told at the SHOT show by Glock that factories were 130K behind in orders. We heard on Friday that the number had risen to 300K.

Tier One Arms
03-18-2012, 12:18 PM
This should tell you everything. The only Glock that the biggest distributor in the country has is a compensated 31 lol
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0fQcWbikiTk/T2OOJpto-EI/AAAAAAAAA4U/mBzai8v1TjI/s640/GlockStock.JPG

What software is that?

PolishMike
03-18-2012, 1:00 PM
What software is that?

If you have a Sports South account you can download it. Its called SSIWin.

Really cool program to find items quickly and you can set up markups per category and all. It automatically updates their in stock quantities and all.

Tier One Arms
03-18-2012, 2:03 PM
Thanks, I'm downloading it.

DVSmith
03-18-2012, 2:14 PM

OOOHHH... I really NEED one of those!

A friend of mine who works for a company that manufactures parts for a certain rifle has been slammed for orders this year. They are on track to quadruple their output over the prior two years.

This is only anecdotal, but another data-point in the mix.

NYsteveZ
03-18-2012, 8:34 PM
With the 2012 thing, uncertainty with Iran/ gas prices, AND an election year? IMO the panic started long ago, but we havent seen anything yet. Gun shops are going to have nothing but hooks and wires come October with everything flying off the shelf.

tenpercentfirearms
03-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Glocks in stock at Acusport!

Palmaris
04-02-2012, 9:53 AM
Oak Tree Gun Club is stocked with lowers (I think it is Spikes), at list 20 of them and complete rifles as well.

hnoppenberger
04-02-2012, 11:19 AM
riflegear has lowers