PDA

View Full Version : the current state of the CRPA

spartan DSK
03-07-2012, 8:47 PM
i cant say that im happy with the current state of the CRPA i want to see how everyone else feels about the changes that have just happened

TheExpertish
03-07-2012, 8:48 PM
i cant say that im happy with the current state of the CRPA i want to see how everyone else feels about the changes that have just happened

For those that don't know can you fill us in?

spartan DSK
03-07-2012, 8:54 PM
its about the change in leadership and Bret and Gene getting kicked off the CRPA

freonr22
03-07-2012, 9:24 PM
I don't care..anymore

Chuck0matic
03-07-2012, 9:59 PM
The only reason I joined the CRPA was because of the CalGuns drive. I am almost due, and I will not be renewing.

People need to spend more time in this section, including myself. The NRA, CGF and CRPA could have made a lot of things happen together, now, it seems as if we have to restart, because 4 *******s, couldnt get let there egos go. Sad sad sad.

wildhawker
03-07-2012, 10:07 PM
The NRA, CGF and CRPA could have made a lot of things happen together, now, it seems as if we have to restart, because 4 *******s, couldnt get let there egos go. Sad sad sad.

Nah, the people who have actually been working and advancing gun rights will continue to.

Unity is overrated and is more about our fears than results.

-Brandon

Chuck0matic
03-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Nah, the people who have actually been working and advancing gun rights will continue to.

-Brandon

Why so sinister...;)

rp55
03-08-2012, 9:18 AM
I joined CRPA, in addition to NRA and SAF, because I thought it would help in the fight to regain our 2A rights. When I started getting their newsletter I realized I had made a mistake and that, for the sake of accuracy, they should change their name to the California Air Rifle Association.

Wrangler John
03-08-2012, 10:38 AM

-Brandon

Reminds me of a group I was required to serve on a few years ago. The title of the group was the Pescadero/Butano Creek Coordinated Resource Management and Planning (CRMP) group. The goal was bringing public agencies, landowners, environmental groups and interested parties together to develop a management plan that would reduce sediment reaching the streams, improve sediment transport and enhance the coho and steelhead fisheries. However the various interest groups could not agree on any watershed wide solution, preferring to study the problem. My office was littered with well funded studies from recognized experts in hydrology, watershed and fishery management, a lack of studies wasn't the problem. I had obtained state and private grants for in-stream habitat restoration and forestry road sediment reduction projects on county land, which were implemented. Still, the CRMP group continued to fight over extending the treatment area. Discussion became so vitriolic that U. C.'s Conflict Resolution Center was asked to study the problem. U.C. recommended that the CRMP group be disbanded as there was no viable solution. Little has been accomplished since 2000-2001.

So it may be with CRPA. There comes a time when no satisfactory solution is possible or worthwhile, signalling that it is time to walk away. I have until August to decide if CRPA is likely to change before renewing my membership. I hope it can, but walking away is a no-fault alternative.

ja308
03-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Our sporsman club had 2 reps from crpa .

It's too early for me to judge this group as to how effective they are .

The media always refers to the gun lobby , which in reality are only members .
Judging by the cal-guns forum --it seems to me very few put 2A as a prioriy .

Judging how well we do in cali (except for some smart folks doing lawsuits) I have liltte hope of them accomplishing anything of real value.

jdberger
03-08-2012, 10:51 AM
I joined CRPA, in addition to NRA and SAF, because I thought it would help in the fight to regain our 2A rights. When I started getting their newsletter I realized I had made a mistake and that, for the sake of accuracy, they should change their name to the California Air Rifle Association.

Please don't pick on the Air Rifle guys. Rob Cobez (Chairman - Air Rifle Committee) puts an enormous amount of effort into his sport. Air Rifle is probably one of the only ways to get marksmanship back into the mainstream of public school curriculum (didja know that many high-schools have unused smallbore ranges in their basements?).

If you want to mainstream guns, you need to expose people early. Air Rifle accomplishes that mission.

Meplat
03-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Sorry folks the CRPA are what it is and it's not going to morph into a viable, political action oriented organization. The leadership is dominated by people who would rather be liked than right.

spgripside
03-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Sorry folks the CRPA are what it is and it's not going to morph into a viable, political action oriented organization. The leadership is dominated by people who would rather be liked than right.

There's got to be some way to change this. If not morph, maybe bulldoze?

stix213
03-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I've avoiding joining the CRPA until they get their act together, seems I still won't be joining. Plenty of people in the SAF, CGF, & NRA to support.

Uxi
03-08-2012, 2:39 PM
I joined for CMP so am satisfied on THAT angle. Unsatisfied on Second Amendment advocacy, though not sure if that SHOULD be their proper role. I am sympathetic to the argument on having at least life members being eligible to the board, though. I'm not convinced it's entirely corrupt.

wildhawker
03-08-2012, 3:08 PM
I'm not convinced it's entirely corrupt.

I don't think anyone would argue that the board is "entirely corrupt." The ratio, however, took a very unfortunate swing when the CRPA Officers removed two of the best gun rights advocates and strategists this state - and nation - has seen in decades, maybe ever.

-Brandon

Uxi
03-08-2012, 3:14 PM
Right, ultimately this seem like it's an identity thing. Should CRPA be an advocacy group, a lobbying group, a litigation group, or a shooting group, some combination, or all of the above?

I don't think this should be taken personally even if the bigwigs at CRPA are. I'd love it if it could be resolved amicably like the Front Sight deal, but sometimes with egos it's just not possible...