PDA

View Full Version : How long from receipt of your license was the first DOJ inspection?

Colonel Monk
03-07-2012, 8:31 PM
Yeah, I know.... polls aren't cool.

But, sometimes they do have some valuable information.

While we are doing our own internal audit and honing our recordkeeping system, Boss and I are quite curious about when to expect the DOJ will want that first inspection. If we can get thru this one, the rest should be easier after getting thru the learning curve of the paperwork.

I don't want to complicate the poll, but if you vote could you state whether or not it was announced or random?

Thanks,

CM

Dingoguns
03-08-2012, 1:45 AM
Announced.

Cobra Tactical
03-09-2012, 12:38 PM
2 weeks after our 2nd transaction

Colonel Monk
03-09-2012, 1:35 PM
2 weeks after our 2nd transaction

Announced or Random?

Dick's Shootin' Irons
03-09-2012, 5:00 PM
2 1/2 years. Inspector called and made an appointment.

novalondon
03-13-2012, 11:12 PM
you should be interviewed prior to the issue of the license, then at the one year or so mark. Afterwards once a year or 13 months or so depending on their caseloads unless your doing something wrong, then you'll see them sooner. Mine comes over when I call or when they have something new to pass on. Friendly visits since I made a friend out of mine.

Colonel Monk
03-14-2012, 12:29 PM
you should be interviewed prior to the issue of the license, then at the one year or so mark. Afterwards once a year or 13 months or so depending on their caseloads unless your doing something wrong, then you'll see them sooner. Mine comes over when I call or when they have something new to pass on. Friendly visits since I made a friend out of mine.

I know from Boss that the interview definitely happened in the beginning, but nothing else has. His FFL is between years 2 and 3 right now, so he realizes that an inspection is coming soon and we are getting everything ready for it.

CM