PDA

View Full Version : shotgun open carry?

sufferingbastard
03-07-2012, 5:14 PM
Is it legal to open carry a shotgun in California?

thedrickel
03-07-2012, 5:29 PM
I think so, it would be pretty hard to hunt otherwise. Can you be more specific?

Yugo
03-07-2012, 5:30 PM
:facepalm:

mrrsquared79
03-07-2012, 5:36 PM

^:iagree:

Librarian
03-07-2012, 6:02 PM
Exactly as legal as open carry of any other long gun - yes, legal for now.

You'll have to decide for yourself whether, for any given occasion and location, that would be wise.

bohoki
03-07-2012, 6:16 PM
i think its legal to concealed carry a shotgun

www.californiaopencarry.org/CaliforniaOpenCarry.pdf

wurger
03-07-2012, 6:21 PM
For crying out loud...where do these posts come from? Legal, maybe. Stupid, definitely.

chillincody
03-07-2012, 6:31 PM
For crying out loud...where do these posts come from? Legal, maybe. Stupid, definitely.

This ^^^^

voiceofreason
03-07-2012, 6:39 PM
Is it legal to open carry a shotgun in California?

Someone asked a question.

Answers have been posted.

Ultimately, you will do what you want, but please keep in mind that although there are trolls...

they are more likely to be people that have just started down the road of firearms ownership or learning about CA laws and are working to expand their knowledge base.

Many people (myself included) are not as thoroughly versed regarding CA firearms laws as some members on this board who are actively working for our rights or have been following said laws for some time now.

When people ask questions on a forum board, many people other than them are also able to access the question and answers. Our posts reflect the membership of the Calguns community at large.

As a community of Calgunners, I hope that we would extend our friendliest sides forward in helping others to gain a deeper understanding of issues and to do our best to answer questions they may have.
:oji:

Their alternative is FUD from the usual sources.

Please note that the OP only asked whether it was legal.

Please leave the sufferingbastard alone.

Unless he has more questions.

SOCAL INFIDEL
03-07-2012, 6:50 PM
i think its legal to concealed carry a shotgun

only if it's loaded. :43:

:fud:

mrrsquared79
03-07-2012, 6:55 PM
only if it's loaded. :43:

:fud:

:43: in that post tells me it was meant as being sarcastic...

OP, sorry for being so harsh as I didn't do my due diligence and see how many posts you had. Please ask away and my apologies!