PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to get through on the phone? Your experience?

Chrushev
03-07-2012, 3:10 PM
Is it easy for you guys to get a hold of Turners on the phone?

The Signal Hill store, which I drove 20 miles to turn around because they screwed up... now I need to go there again.. i dont want to drive another 20 miles for nothing.. so i am trying to call them..

this is the 7th time im trying to call them in the last week. Its always the same.

1) I dial
2) Cashier lady picks up almost immediately, when I say I would like to check if my order came in (at this point its been 15 days). She says "Hold On" and I remain on hold for 30+ minutes until I either hang up myself or the system hangs up on me. I have NEVER been able to talk to anyone in 6 calls (totaling over 3 hours on hold). Every time ive been to the store Ive seen at least 2 people sitting in the back watching TV or something (I cant tell its out of FOV). And Ive actually listened for the phone ring for good 10 minutes without anyone picking it up last time I was there, the caller must have hung up, because it eventually just stopped ringing.. they never even approached the phone, thats with several people just "chillin" in the back.

Here give it a try if you wish... just say you want to check if they have something in stock.

2201 E. Willow St.
Signal Hill, Ca. 90755
562-424-8628

Store Hours:
Monday - Friday: 10a.m. - 8p.m.
Saturday: 10a.m. - 6p.m.
Sunday: 10a.m. - 5p.m.

This is rediculous... first they dont call me about my gun not being there as it should be... I drive 40 miles total for nothing... now it looks like I will have to do the same AGAIN.. because noone EVER picks up the phone... :mad:

Is it just this branch? Or are all of them like this? Whats the point of having a phone if you will never pick it up.

As I am typing this im on my 7th call 18 minutes so far on hold... going to hold until it hangs up on me again....

DirtyLaundry
03-07-2012, 3:24 PM
I'm pretty sure calls are handled on a first come first serve basis in the same fashion as walking up to the counter. When you call you don't get shot to the front of the line and priority over everyone that's been waiting at the counter or is being helped.

I've called several times and had the same experience when they are busy. It can be frustrating. They only have so much manpower to handle a large volume of customers both in-store and on the phone. Try calling when they aren't busy. Its understandable for them to more priority to someone standing in font of them than a ringing phone. Ask the cashier if there's a long wait at the counter, if there is call back later.

As for 'seeing people in the back', you don't know whether those people are working or not.

seanschevy
03-07-2012, 3:25 PM
Turner's signal hill sucks.

The employees are too good to acknowledge a customer promptly. I guess they would rather avoid eye contact and have you stand around the gun case like an idiot instead of asking if you need help.

They also act annoyed when you want to handle anything. I feel like I am doing something wrong if I dare to ask to handle multiple guns.

No wonder I am spending the money I am getting from selling my AR elsewhere, even though the other shop is an hour round trip and Turner's is twenty minutes.

Chrushev
03-07-2012, 3:42 PM
I'm pretty sure calls are handled on a first come first serve basis in the same fashion as walking up to the counter. When you call you don't get shot to the front of the line and priority over everyone that's been waiting at the counter or is being helped.

I've called several times and had the same experience when they are busy. It can be frustrating. They only have so much manpower to handle a large volume of customers both in-store and on the phone. Try calling when they aren't busy. Its understandable for them to more priority to someone standing in font of them than a ringing phone. Ask the cashier if there's a long wait at the counter, if there is call back later.

As for 'seeing people in the back', you don't know whether those people are working or not.

Ive called at 10AM, and 1PM and 3PM and 7PM all the same story, monday,tuesday,wednesday, friday... etc etc. As far as queue, i dont think there is any, there have been times where I called and it was just a busy signal.

MA5177
03-07-2012, 4:11 PM
I guess there are good turner stores and bad ones. The one I frequent in Fountain valley bends over backwards to help you, you cant walk 20 ft without someone asking if there is anything they can help me find...seriously.

DirtyLaundry
03-07-2012, 4:19 PM
Ive called at 10AM, and 1PM and 3PM and 7PM all the same story, monday,tuesday,wednesday, friday... etc etc. As far as queue, i dont think there is any, there have been times where I called and it was just a busy signal.

I've never been to or dealt with the Signal Hill store so I can't speak from experience.

It may be worth your while to use a different store.

Chrushev
03-07-2012, 4:26 PM
I guess there are good turner stores and bad ones. The one I frequent in Fountain valley bends over backwards to help you, you cant walk 20 ft without someone asking if there is anything they can help me find...seriously.

Thats actually about the same distance from me as the Signal Hill one, just a bit out of the way.. but I may have to take my business there.

LikeAllGuns
03-07-2012, 4:28 PM
I don't live in so cal.... so i have never been to Turners...

But dang I have read so many threads and posts that just rip on Turners.....

This is about the third time I read were someone has driven to turners for pick up and there gun was not there.....

I have never had that happen with any gun store... I would be so freaking pissed !!!:mad:

Man and the phone calls bs. I am with op on this one.

It's simple do not spend money there..ever again..

navycorpsman
03-07-2012, 4:28 PM
I have nothing but great experience with turners in Torrance. Have problems ask for wayne he will be glad to help you with anything. I have bought 6 guns from him and never an issue

surfanimal
03-07-2012, 4:39 PM
Same as above with the Torrance location. Called the other afternoon to check up on my 4473/DROS. Phone was picked up by Whitney within a few rings, told her what I wanted to check up on and make sure my paperwork was all clear. She placed me on hold and was back within a minute and answered my questions. Nothing but great experiences at the Torrance location so far.

monkeylice
03-07-2012, 5:00 PM
But dang I have read so many threads and posts that just rip on Turners.....

This is about the third time I read were someone has driven to turners for pick up and there gun was not there.....

The complainers are just more vocal and easier to recall than the praisers. There are plenty of posts about how pleased people are with their experiences at Turners, as well. I have been very pleased with most of my experiences at Turners, but I haven't been to the Signal Hill branch, so I can't say it doesn't suck. I know that I have had trouble getting through on the phone at other Turners branches before, which is no surprise considering how busy they can get. I usually get through after a few tries, but it can be frustrating.

LikeAllGuns
03-07-2012, 5:10 PM
The complainers are just more vocal and easier to recall than the praisers. There are plenty of posts about how pleased people are with their experiences at Turners, as well. I have been very pleased with most of my experiences at Turners, but I haven't been to the Signal Hill branch, so I can't say it doesn't suck. I know that I have had trouble getting through on the phone at other Turners branches before, which is no surprise considering how busy they can get. I usually get through after a few tries, but it can be frustrating.

Your right....... But there is another thread right now talking some stuff..

:popcorn:

Psykoasn
03-07-2012, 5:14 PM
i have the same problem with when i call the Signal Hill store, i call and the cashier picks up the call then puts me on hold, over and over again, i don't blame you for your frustration

JNunez23
03-07-2012, 7:50 PM
Haha no joke, 9 out of 10 times I will hang up due to frustration.

I will go as far as to ask the receptionist, "Is someone actually going to answer? because I don't want to be left holding forever"

They leave you on hold anyway...

gr8dragon88
03-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Every time ive been to the store Ive seen at least 2 people sitting in the back watching TV or something (I cant tell its out of FOV). And Ive actually listened for the phone ring for good 10 minutes without anyone picking it up last time I was there, the caller must have hung up, because it eventually just stopped ringing.. they never even approached the phone, thats with several people just "chillin" in the back.

Since these are hourly employees, they could be on a mandatory break as dictated by CA labor laws.

They also act annoyed when you want to handle anything. I feel like I am doing something wrong if I dare to ask to handle multiple guns.

Turner's policy is to show one firearm at a time and they should explain it, not giving attitude. Maybe a sign with this information would help.

Fountain Valley store is at the top of my list. If they are too busy to take my call, I'll leave my name/number and they always call me back.

Signal Hills is in the lower half of the pack. They are not as organized as should be.

Torrance and Reseda seemed to be making some improvements lately.

It's better if you know the people at the stores since you can ask for them directly.