PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With AB 1645 - Prohibition on Firearms Confiscation?

SvenFrost
04-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Does anyone know what is happening with AB 1645, the prohibition on confiscation of firearms by state officials in a state of emergency?

This is California's corollary to the federal Katrina legislation prohibiting firearms confiscation by federal officials codified in 42 USC 5207.

Thoughts on whether it will pass???

jester
04-09-2007, 6:33 AM
This is the 1st I've heard of it, but I certainly hope it passes,since a big quake will do as much damage as katrina, maybe more, and have services shut down possibly longer...

DarthSean
04-09-2007, 2:03 PM
I sure hope it passes. I live in eyeshot of the San Andreas fault and about 5 minutes driving time from it, and live in a slightly ghetto neighborhood where a zombie attack would likely follow shortly after a major earthquake.

xenophobe
04-09-2007, 2:37 PM
Currently waiting to be heard by the Commission on Public Safety on 4/17/07...

Surveyor
04-09-2007, 2:38 PM
Currently waiting to be heard by the Commission on Public Safety on 4/17/07...

Oh no, you don't mean Mark Leno's group, do you?

spencerhut
04-09-2007, 2:40 PM
Zombie attack. No power or water for days or weeks and a car full of thugs showed up and tried to take my supplies, wife etc . . . Geez can you imagine what would happen if a bunch of thugs tried to take a well armed home and got themselves mowed down? What are the rules in that case? Gee officer they where armed and heading right for my home so I put a couple of clips into mass of bodies heading for us. Wow. End of life as you know and all that . . .

Cpl_Peters
04-10-2007, 6:28 AM
Most thugs do not want a stand up fight...two words....warning shots. Those gang bangers will most likely scatter in search of a softer target when some .308 kicks up dirt in their face....what are they gonna go?....call the cops?

E Pluribus Unum
04-10-2007, 6:39 AM
The authorities can only take your guns if you let them. Remember that man in Louisianna that barracaded himself in his home during "manditory evacuation"? Swat was outside going door to door and he screamed on national television that he would shoot any intruder, cop or not.

Remember that guy??? It was all over Fox news at the time.

SWAT went around his house and let him be.... evacuated his neighbors... :)

No one wants to be in an armed confrontation... not even SWAT. In the case of gang bangers and drug dealers cops tell themselves they do it to stop crime and make the streets safer. Whats the motivation here? How can one justify it in his mind?? SWAT is much less likely to storm the house in a natural disaster because the old bastard wants to stay home and mind his business.

Give them ample warning. Tell them you will shoot all that enter.... if they choose to enter without a lawful warrant then shoot; who is to say they are cops anyway? Them?

M. Sage
04-10-2007, 5:35 PM
Most thugs do not want a stand up fight...two words....warning shots.

Into whoever's at the front of the mob, yeah. I don't want them coming back later that night.

mikehaas
04-10-2007, 7:21 PM
NRA bill, we can follow their lead here...
http://calnra.com/legs.shtml?summary=ab1645&year=2007

I wouldn't be surprised if updated soon.

Mike