PDA

View Full Version : eForm 4473: are there any better alternatives to the ATF's program?

Colonel Monk
03-07-2012, 8:05 AM
Howdy:

I have searched, but found mostly old threads about the release of the e4473 in 2008. A few have mentioned some software packages that integrate an eForm with Point of Sale and Log Book functions.

I'm planning to start using the e4473 but before I get into it too deep I just wanted to know if there are any alternatives that you all prefer.

Thanks,

C. Monk

kemasa
03-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I prefer the paper form :-).

Eddy's Shooting Sports
03-07-2012, 10:38 AM
I have been using AIMe from Coluseum software for about six months with reasonable success. It's not terribly intuitive and has some bugs, but it is also free in its basic form.

They are supposedly going to make it integrate with quick books point of sale, which I also use, but it hasn't been released yet. When they do, I will likely pony up the $$$ and buy the pro version.

Greg David
Eddy's Shooting Sports
400 Moffett Blvd.,Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043
(660)969-GUNS

T-F 12-7 W 12-9 Sat 11-5
Closed Sun/Mon

Colonel Monk
03-07-2012, 10:52 AM
I have been using AIMe from Coluseum software for about six months with reasonable success. It's not terribly intuitive and has some bugs, but it is also free in its basic form.

They are supposedly going to make it integrate with quick books point of sale, which I also use, but it hasn't been released yet. When they do, I will likely pony up the $$$ and buy the pro version.

Greg David
Eddy's Shooting Sports
400 Moffett Blvd.,Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043
(660)969-GUNS

T-F 12-7 W 12-9 Sat 11-5
Closed Sun/Mon

I found the link to the free AIMe program in another searched post, but when I went there I found it to say it was "unavailable". I guess the free trial is over?

Hah, I can appreciate that people prefer the paper form - I have my doubts of some customers being able to fill in the form in a timely manner without a "surrogate" operator on the computer, and in those cases I suppose that we will want to just use the paper form and then scan it.

While I'm fully aware that it's required to maintain paper copies of the 4473 I want to scan customer's packets into the computer for backup. As I'm auditing the packets so far I'm finding little bits that are misplaced - in some cases we are finding them either in other packets, or in a folder they don't belong, or even in the computers "scanner folder". A select few bits we've gotten new copies of.

Obviously this is very bad, and one of the reasons that I'd feel more comfortable with having a backup of all the documentation on a hard drive in a fireproof lock box.

Anyone else with an alternate program, any homebuilt forms out there?

Thanks,

CM

thedrickel
03-15-2012, 8:44 PM
UG Imports uses their own homebuilt program.