PDA

View Full Version : Change of address question

mikeylikesit106
03-07-2012, 5:53 AM
I was looking into purchasing a pistol from another member and I noticed that the info on my Drivers license was incorrect. I filed the change of address with the DMV a few days ago, and I was wondering how long I should wait before I purchase the pistol? I don't want to have any problems with the transfer.

mike

SilverTauron
03-07-2012, 6:27 AM
I was looking into purchasing a pistol from another member and I noticed that the info on my Drivers license was incorrect. I filed the change of address with the DMV a few days ago, and I was wondering how long I should wait before I purchase the pistol? I don't want to have any problems with the transfer.

mike

As far as I know you can purchase one immediately and as long as you have a utility bill verifying your current address with you at the Point of Sale you should pass the Federal background check without a problem. As to what your State DOJ will do, that's a different ball of wax.

Rumline
03-07-2012, 11:50 AM
subbed for updates

teflondog
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
I updated my address in the DMV system but I never requested a new driver license. So my driver license still has my old address while my car registration has my new address. I never had any problems buying guns even though the addresses don't match.

ralemzor
03-08-2012, 12:16 PM
I still use my old address from 5 years ago cause that's what's on my license that the ffl makes a copy of. Never had a problem in 20+ transactions. I changed my address with dmv a long time ago and its never come up.

itisagoodname
03-08-2012, 12:51 PM
No problem as long as your secondary identification has the same address that you put on the DRO form and your ID is not expired.

CA DL/ID for federal verification and registration/utility bill for CA verification.

greybeard
03-08-2012, 1:41 PM
Depends on the FFl. When I moved the local ffl wanted something from the government with my new address, but my registration also had old address.

ke6guj
03-08-2012, 2:01 PM
I still use my old address from 5 years ago cause that's what's on my license that the ffl makes a copy of. Never had a problem in 20+ transactions. I changed my address with dmv a long time ago and its never come up.

am I reading you correct? You list an old address that you no longer live at on your DROS and 4473 as your current address? not worried about picking up a felony charge for lying on a federal form?