PDA

View Full Version : Del-Ton M4 kit & Tactical Machining 80% lower question

Jaredm83
03-06-2012, 7:54 PM
Picking up a TM 80% lower this week and hoping to mate it to a Del-Ton RKT100 M4 Rifle kit. First off, does the TM lower accept commercial or mil spec buttstock tube? From what I've read the Del-Ton kit comes with a mil spec tube. Also, in the pictures of the RKT100 kit on Del-Ton's site and classicarm's site show a short barrel, possibly 14.5" with flash hider to acheive 16" OAL. Most pictures I've foun online of Del-Ton M4 kits installed show a longer barrel? Whats thethe story? I want the shorter barrel. Anybody have personal knowledge of the RLK100 kit I'm talking about that could help me out?

http://www.del-ton.com/Rifle_Kit_p/rkt100.htm

http://www.classicfirearms.co/semi-auto%20rifles.htm

Elwood_Blues
03-06-2012, 8:09 PM
Any lower should accept any tube, the thickness is different, but the treads are the same standard for all that I have seen. So the thread depth is different on each tube to accommodate both options. Hope that makes sense :D

twitchy
03-06-2012, 8:22 PM
I have a Del-ton upper on a tactical machining lower. My Del-ton kit came with a commercial tube and it fit perfectly. Threads are the same on both commercial and Mil-spec. Everybody here will slam your Del-ton but few have actually shot one. From personal experience Del-ton makes a quality upper.

Drivedabizness
03-06-2012, 8:51 PM
I just bought a DelTon 20-inch.

Shot very nice groups, functioned flawlessly. Mates up nicely to my LW15 lower.

Will I get great resale from it? No.

But unless it fails to do what I ask of it (which after 300 rounds, I see no reason to believe will happen) I will simply hang on to it and enjoy it.

Jaredm83
03-06-2012, 10:00 PM
ok the buffer tube is settled. why the different looking barrels?

Jaredm83
03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
oh and thanks!

Mrbroom
03-06-2012, 10:06 PM
What about a Quentin Defense 80% lower? I am considering a Delton upper for this.. My last upper I bought was a Stag for a JD lower.. Fit perfect and is one heck of a shooter..

Jaredm83
03-07-2012, 7:39 AM
I am going with the TM lower because that what the group CNC day in my area will be set up for. That and I could pick one up locally for cheap!