PDA

View Full Version : Best price on FDE SCAR 16s

animossity
03-06-2012, 6:26 PM
Anyone know the best price/place to buy a SCAR 16s? Preferably out of state to avoid sales tax.

thanks,

ACRfan
03-06-2012, 6:28 PM
Cali law any firearm coming in gets taxed now.. So thats a waste

animossity
03-06-2012, 6:40 PM
Cali law any firearm coming in gets taxed now.. So thats a waste

So much for that idea then, time to find out who's got the best prices then in CA.

Long Rifle
03-06-2012, 7:00 PM
Try Riflegear.

JohnZ
03-06-2012, 7:08 PM
you may want to still consider buying your rifle out of state, it still ends up being cheaper, even with sale tax.

ACRfan
03-06-2012, 7:18 PM
But then u r at the mercy of the shop that receives it and have to pay there transfer fee on top of dros

emy
03-06-2012, 7:36 PM
buy local , support your local store . you just mis one for 2g here. Call ADDAX TACTICAL

animossity
03-06-2012, 8:03 PM
buy local , support your local store . you just mis one for 2g here. Call ADDAX TACTICAL

Yea I was a few hours late on that one...

Noah3683
03-06-2012, 8:17 PM
you may want to still consider buying your rifle out of state, it still ends up being cheaper, even with sale tax.

Ummm probably not. Don't know if you have looked at Scar's online, but they are often just as much if not more. Also unless you can find a friendly dealer to separate it and ship you the lower while the upper goes to the shop, you would have to find a middle man. Not to mention parts to make it compliant. I priced out the Scar and ACR online and when it was all said and done nobody could get close to Riflegear's price. You may save if you find one online used (no Tax this way) but they will still have to be willing to split the upper and lower

emy
03-06-2012, 9:15 PM
What"s the deal with splitting the rifle in half, any money save? you can"t shoot the upper without the lower.

Noah3683
03-06-2012, 10:10 PM
What"s the deal with splitting the rifle in half, any money save? you can"t shoot the upper without the lower.

So the FFL can receive it. Upper shipped to FFL, lower to buyer Unless the FFL has an assualt weapon permit? The rifle is considered an assault weapon if received complete without CA compliance parts. While the buyer has the lower (upper is the serialized part on the ACR & SCAR) they can then add the bullet button and pin the folding stock.

INDABZ
03-07-2012, 7:09 AM
So the FFL can receive it. Upper shipped to FFL, lower to buyer Unless the FFL has an assualt weapon permit? The rifle is considered an assault weapon if received complete without CA compliance parts. While the buyer has the lower (upper is the serialized part on the ACR & SCAR) they can then add the bullet button and pin the folding stock.

A SCAR in parts......is just that....parts, not considered a AW in CA...

Noah3683
03-07-2012, 7:27 AM
A SCAR in parts......is just that....parts, not considered a AW in CA...

Well obviously if you READ what I posted you would see that's exactly what I was saying. Has to be separated unless it's already in compliant form

INDABZ
03-07-2012, 7:34 AM
So the FFL can receive it. Upper shipped to FFL, lower to buyer Unless the FFL has an assualt weapon permit?

You had a question mark there.....so, yes I read just fine......

No AW permit is required for a FFL in CA to accept parts....upper and lower all at once...

Noah3683
03-07-2012, 7:57 AM
No but i'm pretty sure it is to receive it complete in non compliant form. The question mark was more for whether or not an 07 could receive it complete without permit. As i wasn't a 100% positive. So like I said...... And I had also already stated that in the first post about having to get someone that would separate it or find a middle man.

nismobishi
03-07-2012, 8:00 AM
Just got mine at dd's ranch californicated and shipped for 2495 total. Tell them your on calguns to get the free shipping.

jonc
03-07-2012, 8:10 AM
ALAMO in COVINA... FNH DEALER
great guys ask for andy....
cant beat ALAMOS prices and GREAT SERVICE too...

INDABZ
03-07-2012, 8:23 AM
No but i'm pretty sure it is to receive it complete in non compliant form. The question mark was more for whether or not an 07 could receive it complete without permit.

K....yes...for any FFL.. 07.. etc. in CA to accept in current production form from FNH requires a AW permit...

Any FFL except 03 could recieve all the parts.....you would only need a middleman if the seller wouldn't break it apart and ship to a CA FFL.....

Of course, you would need a CA FFL that would accept it but it's perfectly ok.....would only be a matter of their policy....

Sorry to thread jack off a ? mark.......;)

Boltz
03-07-2012, 8:31 AM
Man, I didn't realize the 16s were still going in the low to mid $2k range :eek: I saw a 17 going for $3k at a local shop which I thought was barely reasonable.

Noah3683
03-07-2012, 8:40 AM
K....yes...for any FFL.. 07.. etc. in CA to accept in current production form from FNH requires a AW permit...

Any FFL except 03 could recieve all the parts.....you would only need a middleman if the seller wouldn't break it apart and ship to a CA FFL.....

Of course, you would need a CA FFL that would accept it but it's perfectly ok.....would only be a matter of their policy....

Sorry to thread jack off a ? mark.......;)

Pretty much how i figured. Guess i should've elaborated it more from the start instead of just the ? mark but I was typing from the phone. Didn't mean to come off dickish. :cheers2:

starsnuffer
03-07-2012, 9:26 AM
You're in California, you don't get great deals. Be happy you can actually get the damn thing.

-W

Addax
03-07-2012, 9:33 AM
We bring Scar 16's and Acr's all the time and our prices are competitive.

Unless you find a used Scar 16, you are looking around mid 2k range for a CA compliant SCAR 16 (scar bullet button and folding stock lock kit installed) before sales tax and dros.

animossity
03-07-2012, 12:19 PM
You're in California, you don't get great deals. Be happy you can actually get the damn thing.

-W

Wasn't expecting a great deal on a SCAR since it's a upper tier rifle :rolleyes:, just the fairest priced place that sells them. Nothing wrong with tryin to save a few bucks for more mags and ammo....

mr.BeBoT
03-07-2012, 1:47 PM
+1 for riflegear/addax depending on your location. Riflegear had a black and FDE on their wall yesterday (an ACR too) but it's a good think i had my mind set on something else :p

shamu415
03-07-2012, 2:02 PM
Mparms and Metal dog tactical has them in the South Bay Area

JUm3
03-07-2012, 2:37 PM
http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-guns-fn-items-sale/26454-wts-2-x-nib-scar-16-fde-wirth-upgrades-2250-2450-a.html

NIB SCAR's ; I believe the stock one is sold, but that was a hell of a price. Just have it dissasembled when shipped to you.

Otherwise if you are seriously interested, just lurk around the site until a couple new ones go on sale from private sellers. That's what I did. And then buy the riflegear parts to make it cali legal.

cwin
03-07-2012, 6:07 PM
I was at Riflegear the other day...I believe they had them for ~$2500