PDA

View Full Version : outa state gunsmith

moulton
04-08-2007, 8:55 PM
I may have to send my yugo sks barreled receiver to a gunsmith out of state (texas) because I have had some significant problems regarding the headspacing/firing pin. Would the sks have to go through a kali ffl when he sends it back from repairs?:confused:

thnx,
moulton

Rem1492
04-08-2007, 10:25 PM
as long as he has an FFL, then it can be shipped FFL to you since its already yours.

I sent my P22 back 4 times to S&W, each time it came back right to ME since it was already my gun.

LAK Supply
04-08-2007, 10:54 PM
There's a very capable gunsmith in California that can take care of your problem. . . . .he does a lot of custom stuff for competetive shooters both for IPSC type stuff and for 1000 yard stuff. He's a whiz.....if it can be done he can do it. Email me if you'd like more info.

lance@laksupply.com

moulton
04-09-2007, 6:18 AM
the reason im using the guy in texas is because he is the one that installed and makes murrays sks spring loaded firing pins, I have had two pierced primers using wolf, one that bent the original freefloated firing pin and another that mangled a replacement springloaded firing pin. murray is offereing to check out the headspace and other issues on my gun for free or next to nothing:cool:

LAK Supply
04-09-2007, 4:12 PM
Ah, I see. Free is good!

Yankee Clipper
04-09-2007, 7:43 PM
As an aside, getting my repaired/re-barreled AR or M1A shipped back by my Arizona gunsmith is not the problem. Lately, UPS has gotten 'hinky' when I use them to ship a firearm.

LAK Supply
04-09-2007, 8:25 PM
I prefer FedEx for my personal stuff. I use UPS on the site because they can provide our customers with a better rate for many of the items we sell, but when I send things that I really want to know are getting there with no hickups (especially arms) I use FedEx.

Yankee Clipper
04-09-2007, 10:14 PM
That's good info. Thanks!