PDA

View Full Version : Help me find the right AR 10

connorr93
03-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Ok kinda an odd request but here we go... I have been looking everywhere for a specific type of AR10 with no luck. I am looking for something quite accurate (18 - 20in barrel) that is not setup like a sniper rifle (scope bipod ect..) Im going to be using this primarily in a carbine role (it doesnt have to be light) And i will most likely be replacing the rail and stock anyways so those dont really matter. Just for a general idea of what im looking for if i had to build it the build would consist of

JD Machine upper/lower
DPMS 20 or 18 in barrel
Troy 13in battle rail
Magpul ACS stock
Magpul Miad grip.
Troy flip up iron sights
DPMS LPK
ect...

Anyone know who makes anything remotely close to these specs?

Just for a general idea this would be my dream rifle minus the stock, scope bipods, rail covers, and super fancy trigger.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=525035&highlight=AR10

Sturnovik
03-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Ok kinda an odd request but here we go... I have been looking everywhere for a specific type of AR10 with no luck. I am looking for something quite accurate (18 - 20in barrel) that is not setup like a sniper rifle (scope bipod ect..) Im going to be using this primarily in a carbine role (it doesnt have to be light) And i will most likely be replacing the rail and stock anyways so those dont really matter. Just for a general idea of what im looking for if i had to build it the build would consist of

JD Machine upper/lower
DPMS 20 or 18 in barrel
Troy 13in battle rail
Magpul ACS stock
Magpul Miad grip.
Troy flip up iron sights
DPMS LPK
ect...

Anyone know who makes anything remotely close to these specs?

Just for a general idea this would be my dream rifle minus the stock, scope bipods, rail covers, and super fancy trigger.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=525035&highlight=AR10

You going stainless on the barrel or just regular? Those specs you put up sound good.

Arkangel
03-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Your requirements don't seem to be extraordinary, so why not assemble it yourself? Many people assemble their AR's to save money and to include only parts they wanted.

connorr93
03-06-2012, 10:58 AM
I would love to build one but i am a college student and holding two jobs so taking the time to build is not and option. Plus I know if u built it I would end up spending way to much money. Haha

Chromedragon
03-06-2012, 3:24 PM
Surprisingly i am contemplating selling a rifle very similar to that.

JD machine upper and lower.

troy rail 18" 1/10 twist barrel mag pull flip sights.

I purchased the complete rifle in Jan of 2011 from JD Machine directly.

if you want a quote call them they will be happy to give you a quote on a complete rifle and send it to your local FFL.

they are a Ca company so they obey all the important feature laws etc.

Just my .02

PM me if you want to know about what i paid and my experience with them.