PDA

View Full Version : Please vote/support NRA 2012 Board candidates...

bwiese
03-05-2012, 2:35 PM
NRA Life (& various super-life level) members and 5 yr+ members are able to vote for various candidates for NRA Board.

It is vitally important for California to continue to be heard, and your support of CA board members will help.

Please support, along with Gene Hoffman and myself and many other Calgunners, the following candidates for NRA Board:

Joel Friedman
Thomas Gaines
Manny Fernandez

These Californians have served on NRA Board already. I know and recommend the first two personally; I've met Manny once and know him by reputation as a fierce advocate.

I would also ask you vote for Dr. Don Saba. He's been particularly and deeply active (along with Joel Friedman) on the lead ammo fight. He used to live in CA, but is now in AZ. I got a chance to meet him at a F&G hearing about extending the condor zone, and we should be glad we have such a bright guy on our side.

Please remember, "the more people you vote for, the less your vote is worth". There's effectively some dilution for folks that check off every box. The fewer you vote for, the more weight your vote has. Please assume the 'popular', 'name' people from TV/movie arena have adeqate PR to receive votes already, but we need good 'on the ground' activists
that do the day to day 'grunt work' that gets little or no PR (except when results happen).

Curley Red
03-05-2012, 3:24 PM
Do people who are only yearly members get to vote?

Connor P Price
03-05-2012, 3:48 PM
Do people who are only yearly members get to vote?

If you've been a yearly member for 5 consecutive years then you are able to vote.

ja308
03-06-2012, 3:39 PM
Should we consider others via this thread?

I have marked my ballot as requested . Had most of them anyway !

Experimentalist
03-06-2012, 8:06 PM
Got my ballot marked, and will drop it in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice. It's good to have a reference from someone who has personal knowledge of the candidates.

blakdawg
03-06-2012, 9:27 PM
Does the endorsement of Joel Friedman still stand, in light of recent CRPA events?

I already sent my ballot off with him as my only choice, so it's too late for me either way. :(

wildhawker
03-06-2012, 9:49 PM
Does the endorsement of Joel Friedman still stand, in light of recent CRPA events?

I already sent my ballot off with him as my only choice, so it's too late for me either way. :(

Like you, I have already mailed my NRA ballot.

I'm not sure where Joel stands on all this. He did vote in support of an unsuccessful effort to allow off-agenda discussion to continue (effectively giving me and Gene an opportunity to rebut President Montanarella's off-agenda rant(s) about us and our motives). However, prior to the meeting he expressed that democratic reform efforts were too early.

In any case, I'd encourage him to join the conversation and make his position known. My apologies to Mr. Friedman if I've inadvertently mischaracterized his views on the CRPA matters.

I think Mr. Friedman is an exemplary parliamentarian and I'm sure NRA is bettered by his presence at the meetings.

-Brandon

bwiese
03-08-2012, 5:38 PM

My view stands. We Californians need these guys on NRA board.

Spyder
03-08-2012, 6:07 PM
When should the ballots have arrived? Life member, but have not received mine yet, as of 2 days ago when I checked the mail last.

bwiese
03-08-2012, 6:11 PM
When should the ballots have arrived? Life member, but have not received mine yet, as of 2 days ago when I checked the mail last.

It's in the recent American Rifleman or American Hunter magazines from NRA. (May also be in their America's 1st Freedom mag, too, dunno...)

8bitnintendo
03-08-2012, 6:30 PM
It's in the recent American Rifleman or American Hunter magazines from NRA. (May also be in their America's 1st Freedom mag, too, dunno...)
Hmm. I get American Rifleman digitally... I hope they mail me a ballot. I just scanned through the entire digital copy and there's nothing to print out.

blakdawg
03-08-2012, 6:56 PM
I am also getting the digital edition - I got a paper ballot in the mail a few weeks ago in an approx 9x12 white flat envelope. It said NRA on it but I almost threw it away unopened because it looked like junk mail.

8bitnintendo
03-08-2012, 7:11 PM
I am also getting the digital edition - I got a paper ballot in the mail a few weeks ago in an approx 9x12 white flat envelope. It said NRA on it but I almost threw it away unopened because it looked like junk mail.
:eek: I had better look around... I've gotten in the habit that any NRA mailing is trying to give me "free insurance".

Spyder
03-08-2012, 9:56 PM
Crap...I'll have to dig around and see if I still have the clip...errrr, magazine.

mag360
03-08-2012, 10:29 PM
what the heck, just renewed for my 2nd year, still no voting for me?

ALSystems
03-09-2012, 12:02 AM
I sent the NRA ballot. Hope my vote helps.

bwiese
03-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Bumpity bump for another round of coverage...