PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Gun Collection

lhecker51
03-05-2012, 9:53 AM
A close family friend's husband passed away and has a collection of 10 hand guns and 18 rifles and shotguns that they want to sell me as a single lot. I have determined what I am willing to pay and they are happy with the price. My question is can I buy 10 handguns from a private party through an FFL? There also is a Russian and Chinese SKS. I gather the russian is a C&R but the chinese would need to be DROS'd.

Any recommendations on how I should proceed? I do not plan on keeping all of them and will most likely sell some of them.

killshot44
03-05-2012, 10:11 AM
You're going to need the help of an FFL. Get together a list with at least the: make, serial number, approximate age and description - make some phone calls and explain what you're looking to do.
Hopefully you'll find someone who can make it easy for you and the seller and maybe cut you a deal on the cost. They should also know what paperwork is needed to show chain of ownership and confirm the seller is authorized to transfer them.

lhecker51
03-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info! I am going to process all of the rifles with just a bill of sale with the exception of the Chinese SKS, which I will DROS. All handguns will be transferred through Turner's at $35 each for the fee in two groups of 5. Any recommendation for an FFL that may be cheaper and/or that can do all 10?

killshot44
03-05-2012, 1:12 PM
Can't recommend as I'm in NorCal.

About that last bit on "chain of ownership", I realize there's no paperwork per se, the sellers will affirm ownership in the DROS paperwork.

10@$35? Make em a lower offer. Worst that happens is a No.

glenntuc
03-05-2012, 5:23 PM
i would talk to bulls eye guns in riverside on brockton, they might be more help full, worth a phone call.

shafferds
03-05-2012, 8:25 PM
Pistols are 35 each but long guns are 35 + 10 per additional