PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Button on an Ambi Mag release

Doc.Sil
03-05-2012, 6:22 AM
Title says it all. Do I need to buy two bullet buttons or how does this work? I'm a lefty shooter. Thanks.

SpeedTribe
03-05-2012, 7:12 AM
If you are building a fixed magazine rifle you must not be able to drop the mag without the use of a tool. I have yet to see any BB for the left side of an ambi release. You will likely have to remove the ambi release and run a standard release with BB.

If you can drop your mag without the use of a tool...it's not considered a fixed magazine rifle.

CSACANNONEER
03-05-2012, 7:22 AM
Featureless would be a good option.

starsnuffer
03-05-2012, 7:31 AM
It's a bullet button, you're not going to be able to drop the mag fast anyway, so you might as well forgo the ambi and just use it on the right side. If, for some reason, you need to be able to swap mags fast, such as running a carbine class or playing 3 gun, featureless is the better option (and a mini14 an even better option)

-W

Doc.Sil
03-05-2012, 7:42 AM
thanks guys, i guess ill hold off on the ambi mag release, until i move (if i ever do) or until california changes its laws (like it ever will)

.45JHP
03-05-2012, 2:02 PM
You will likely have to remove the ambi release and run a standard release with BB.

This is correct. AFAIK no one makes a ambi mag release that uses a tool to release on the left side.

starsnuffer
03-05-2012, 3:18 PM
I wish they did, as having one on the left side is actually more convenient for bench rest type guys.

-W