PDA

View Full Version : Best detachable carry handle for the AR-15

ICONIC
03-04-2012, 9:00 PM
What is the best detachable carry handle for the AR-15. This would be going on 20" upper.

LAL6
03-04-2012, 9:12 PM
Colt, BCM, LMT should be good. They're all pretty much the same, I would just buy one from a company known for quality.

Just don't do what I did and get one at the gun show for $30. I cant get a zero on this thing to save my life.

You can find good carry handles in the Marketplace usually for around 60 bucks.

jonjonkills101
03-04-2012, 10:53 PM
if you can't find anything on calguns, try ar15.com. i got a rock river arms takeoff for 30 bucks shipped. zeroed in and held zero everytime.

ejhc11
03-05-2012, 2:24 AM
When you are shopping for one be sure to get the one that works with the correct gas block front sight height. Do a search for that info on Calguns. Also, some carry handles were made for the carbine rifle not rifle length so you'll need to know that too.

It'e easier to just a get a foldingTroy BUIS or fixed Daniel Defense 1.5 rear sight in my opinion.

ejhc11
03-05-2012, 2:24 AM
When you are shopping for one be sure to get the one that works with the correct gas block front sight height. Do a search for that info on Calguns. Also, some carry handles were made for the carbine rifle not rifle length so you'll need to know that too. Watch out for those cheap Chinese ones, crappy builds and not mil-spec materials, usually those low price ones under $40.

It'e easier to just a get a foldingTroy BUIS or fixed Daniel Defense 1.5 rear sight in my opinion.