PDA

View Full Version : Kel Tec RFB in CA?

zombiescanlearn
03-04-2012, 8:17 PM
Anyone know where I can pick up one of these? Been looking everywhere and no one has it.

MrPlink
03-04-2012, 8:55 PM
you arent missing out on anything

ICONIC
03-04-2012, 8:57 PM
I have been looking for one the last year or so. If you find out let me know please

LovingTheYear1911
03-04-2012, 9:01 PM
you arent missing out on anything

You lose your mind???? :eek:

I want one so bad.

FeuerFrei
03-04-2012, 10:01 PM
I have one and no you can't have it. Not for sale or trade.
Stock spacers and front factory rail are available and work great to help make it cali legal. The front riser enables me to run irons on it now.
The more I shoot it the more I like it.

kel-tec-innovations
03-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I have one, thinking of selling it, but it won't be cheap :) Haven't gotten around on posting it on market threads

Write Winger
03-04-2012, 10:58 PM
^^^ tease :D

saki302
03-05-2012, 1:42 AM
Haha- everyone who has one seems to like it- you don't see them on the used market much.

I played with one at the SHOT show a few years back- it has the BEST trigger I've ever felt on a bullpup. Ever. (haven't tried the WA2000 yet, but tried many others).

They're coming out with the long barreled version, which should be CA-OK with a mag lock out of the box. The 16" barreled gun needs about a 4-5" fake can to be length compliant (or a heck of a big buttpad spacer).

-Dave

Random_Hero
03-05-2012, 2:08 AM
Shooting bullpups makes me feel British...even French for that matter...

MrPlink
03-05-2012, 2:29 AM
You lose your mind???? :eek:

if not trusting keltec ='s loosing my mind then somebody better 5150 me! :p

zombiescanlearn
03-05-2012, 7:20 AM
I have one and no you can't have it. Not for sale or trade.
Stock spacers and front factory rail are available and work great to help make it cali legal. The front riser enables me to run irons on it now.
The more I shoot it the more I like it.

LOL So where did you get it?

FeuerFrei
03-05-2012, 9:02 AM
Had it shipped in to an 07 FFL (out of business now) in parts. Middleman was needed.
Fake can and grip wrap later I took it home.

chead
03-05-2012, 10:03 AM
I was looking into one a while ago and I seem to remember that with two of the stacking butt plate extensions and a brake of reasonable length it will make 30" with no fake can.

FeuerFrei
03-05-2012, 1:23 PM
I was looking into one a while ago and I seem to remember that with two of the stacking butt plate extensions and a brake of reasonable length it will make 30" with no fake can.

The spacer kit has 3 x 1/2" spacers and related length bolts+washers+allen wrench.
Mine needed all 3 and the addition of a new brake. I'm using the PWS FSC30 with a locking nut. About 30.5" OAL now.
It feels right and looks better now.

ScottsBad
03-05-2012, 2:28 PM
Anyone know where I can pick up one of these? Been looking everywhere and no one has it.

Garbage! Buy a SCAR 17s... forget the junk.

vf111
03-05-2012, 2:38 PM
YMMV, but something about having a 308 Kel-Tec receiver right next to my head doesn't appeal to me....

ScottsBad
03-05-2012, 2:40 PM
if not trusting keltec ='s loosing my mind then somebody better 5150 me! :p

You haven't lost your mind, anyone who buys a RFB should be placed immediately in Napa State Hospital on 24 hour watch. Holy crap.

But you may have a screw loose with the "Moderate Whiny Miltia" thing. What is that, a Militia that keeps and bears Neurf rifles while chanting "yes we can" and crying about "fairness".

Or am I wrong? I hope so.

wingman
03-05-2012, 5:06 PM
Then go to Darin at assaultplanet.com for bullet button and ext flash hider
Happy shooting!

MrPlink
03-05-2012, 5:14 PM
You haven't lost your mind, anyone who buys a RFB should be placed immediately in Napa State Hospital on 24 hour watch. Holy crap.

But you may have a screw loose with the "Moderate Whiny Miltia" thing. What is that, a Militia that keeps and bears Neurf rifles while chanting "yes we can" and crying about "fairness".

Or am I wrong? I hope so.

Not only are you wrong but you are a presumptive *** who clearly lacks the cognitive abillity to detect tongue and cheek irony. Were it not for the fact that I enjoy this forum a lot I would be using much more colorful language for you.

saki302
03-05-2012, 5:30 PM
The RFB is built like a tank, I'd have no issues firing one- if anything the receiver is overbuilt- it's heavy for its size.

I haven't seen any go KB so far. But haters gonna hate :D
Can't beat the Kel-Tec warranty policy. At least they're willing to take chances out of the box and not crank out the same thing year after year.

-Dave

wingman
03-05-2012, 5:49 PM
The RFB is good to go, but it's heavy in rear. The RFB made front rail with forward post will help counter weight. U will need butt pad ext. if u have long arms. If u can't find a fake can i will sale mine for $50.00 FTF in Sacto.:53

1919_4_ME
03-05-2012, 6:55 PM
I have one, thinking of selling it, but it won't be cheap :) Haven't gotten around on posting it on market threads

Let me know when you decide to sell it.:)

ScottsBad
03-06-2012, 9:17 AM
Not only are you wrong but you are a presumptive *** who clearly lacks the cognitive abillity to detect tongue and cheek irony. Were it not for the fact that I enjoy this forum a lot I would be using much more colorful language for you.

HA HA! I'm glad you responded, I was just messing with you. And I deserved your response. Great passion. Thanks...

ScottsBad
03-06-2012, 9:23 AM
The RFB is built like a tank, I'd have no issues firing one- if anything the receiver is overbuilt- it's heavy for its size.

I haven't seen any go KB so far. But haters gonna hate :D
Can't beat the Kel-Tec warranty policy. At least they're willing to take chances out of the box and not crank out the same thing year after year.

-Dave

Don't get me wrong I think Kel-Tec is a good company. I just think that the RFB was put out before it was fully cooked. I like the SU16CA, and I think the Sub2000, while kinda funky looking, is very cool. AND I wish we could get the P3AT (little .380 ?model) in CA. But I really think the RFB at this point is junk.

ScottsBad
03-06-2012, 9:25 AM
Let me know when you decide to sell it.:)

Some people are collectors I guess. I like your avatar/icon, very cool.

12voltguy
03-06-2012, 11:36 AM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=276268211

chead
03-06-2012, 12:25 PM
What's wrong with the RFB? I thought folks were generally pretty happy with them.

zombiescanlearn
03-06-2012, 2:21 PM
The RFB is good to go, but it's heavy in rear. The RFB made front rail with forward post will help counter weight. U will need butt pad ext. if u have long arms. If u can't find a fake can i will sale mine for $50.00 FTF in Sacto.:53

Have to find the gun first! :)

zombiescanlearn
03-06-2012, 2:23 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=276268211

auctions aren't for me. Thanks though

Common
03-06-2012, 4:08 PM

Oh no you didn't! It's on now!