PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Hector C. (Turner's Pasadena)

Gnome
03-04-2012, 4:32 PM
Just went into Turner's (Pasadena) today at 4pm. They were extremely busy at the gun counter. Must be the two cute girls they had working ;). I spoke with a girl at the register (also cute) and told her I would like to cancel an order, and get a refund.

She was pleasant and immediately called the manager. He arrived, and I explained that I had placed an order and I was no longer prepared to wait the estimated three weeks just to begin the DROS. He looked at my paperwork, and said there is no way I should have to wait three weeks for something as common as a Ruger 10/22. He checked his computer, and asked me if I was ready to begin the DROS.:D

As I said, the gun counter was jumpin'. He walked me over and handled the paperwork himself. He helped me from start to finish. I was in and out in record time.

His name was Hector C. So, thank you very much Hector. I appreciate your time and effort, and because of you (and the cute girls working the gun counter ;)), I will continue to spend my money at Turner's (Pasadena).

*** Also posted this in the Rimfire Forum (Turner's Ruger Days)

Carlow202
03-04-2012, 6:57 PM
IMO, they should have called you ahead of time if stock was available for DROS. Congrats and good job on them helping you out though.

ojisan
03-04-2012, 7:39 PM
Hector spent ten minutes digging up two allen wrenchs and removed the side saddle shell carrier from a Mossberg 500 so he could read the serial number and complete a PPT without us having to drive back home or go find some tools locally.
This was more than helpful, Hector saved the day.
:thumbsup:

gr8dragon88
03-04-2012, 9:30 PM
Just went into Turner's (Pasadena) today at 4pm. They were extremely busy at the gun counter. Must be the two cute girls they had working ;). I spoke with a girl at the register (also cute) and told her I would like to cancel an order, and get a refund.

She was pleasant and immediately called the manager. He arrived, and I explained that I had placed an order and I was no longer prepared to wait the estimated three weeks just to begin the DROS. He looked at my paperwork, and said there is no way I should have to wait three weeks for something as common as a Ruger 10/22. He checked his computer, and asked me if I was ready to begin the DROS.:D

As I said, the gun counter was jumpin'. He walked me over and handled the paperwork himself. He helped me from start to finish. I was in and out in record time.

Hmm, maybe I'll try this trick the next time I'm at Turner's to get better service.:)

Pissedashell
03-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Hector is The Man.

Tee Why
03-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Hector is a good man. He's helped me out many times.

Gnome
03-05-2012, 1:54 AM
Carlow,

I agree, but in Turner's defense, they said the rifle had just arrived at the warehouse early today, or late yesterday. Hector said he checked their inventory yesterday afternoon, and it wasn't showing. Because of his great attitude and willingness to "make it right," I believe him.

I'm glad others have had good experiences with him. It shows he is a great guy, and my experience with him wasn't a fluke.

vintagedude88
03-05-2012, 7:23 AM
Hector has always been great with me. He's the go to guy at Pasadena.

monkeylice
03-05-2012, 8:58 AM
Just the other day I saw him very patiently assisting some nervous new shooters, and I saw that he steered them away from more-expensive options that they were looking at but didn't seem to fit their needs. I was impressed.

Tee Why
03-05-2012, 1:20 PM
Yea, he helped my friend buy her first gun ever. He was very patient and offered a lot of advise and spent a lot of time helping her out. She ended up getting a CZ P-01 after initially looking at the CZ 75 after Hector also recommended the P-01. I think it was a better choice for her needs and she likes the gun as well.

Gnome
03-05-2012, 2:13 PM
Just the other day I saw him very patiently assisting some nervous new shooters, and I saw that he steered them away from more-expensive options that they were looking at but didn't seem to fit their needs. I was impressed.

This is the mark of a good/responsible sales associate. What is best for the user, not the nightly sales report.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-05-2012, 3:12 PM
Carlow,

I agree, but in Turner's defense, they said the rifle had just arrived at the warehouse early today, or late yesterday. Hector said he checked their inventory yesterday afternoon, and it wasn't showing. Because of his great attitude and willingness to "make it right," I believe him.

I'm glad others have had good experiences with him. It shows he is a great guy, and my experience with him wasn't a fluke.

Yes, as you can see Hector has quite a following. We passed your compliments (and the others in this thread) along to his store manager. Thank you for letting us know how he turned things around for you.

Ricky-Ray
03-05-2012, 3:29 PM
Hector is a great guy. Dealt with him on many occasion's.

BHPFan
03-06-2012, 6:07 PM
Hector is a great guy. Dealt with him on many occasion's.

+1

Even before he became the store manager, he was the great, stand-up guy that he still is. He always has great customer service skills and knows how to talk and deal with people.

More kudos to Hector C.

JNunez23
03-08-2012, 6:07 PM
Hector is a good guy, will take the extra step to satisfy a customer. Truly understands what "customer service" means.

Michelle and Abigail are nice as well :)