PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new Vector V-93, wish me luck

brianm767
03-04-2012, 5:27 PM
Well after much debate I decided to pass on a C93 and I put a Vector V-93 on layaway at Atlantic Firearms.

I've heard some of the newer Vectors have issues, I guess they are not the same as they once used to be.

Wish me luck, it should go well with my SAR-8.

nitroxdiver
03-04-2012, 5:44 PM
Awesome. Would love for you to do a review of it once you have it and have run several hundred rounds through it. I'd like one eventually too. Thanks, and good luck as you wished :-)

zombiescanlearn
03-04-2012, 5:55 PM
And remember, we need pictures when you do that review! :33:

Cypriss32
03-04-2012, 6:45 PM
Did you buy that at PRK? I saw one floating around and have been super tempted for it.

brianm767
03-04-2012, 7:08 PM
Did you buy that at PRK? I saw one floating around and have been super tempted for it.

I never saw a Vector at PRK, only a Century C-93, I did go in and asked them to get me a price on one, told them I'd rather support them, the first guy had no ideal what it was, thought I wanted an Uzi, then Fritz ( my favorite to deal with ) took my info and said he would get a price and call me, I never heard back.

I spoke to Ghillebear on the HK forum first ( he's a HK Guru who fixes C93s) and found out what it takes to get a C93 running if you have issues, could run another $500 and at PRK's price of $699 for a C93, to me it wasn't worth it, he enlightened me as to how Century installs their barrels and I figured I'd pass. But there are some folks who get lucky and have zero issues with their Centuries. If I found one that didn't work for $400 then it would be worth it to pick up and spend the money to get it fixed right.

But he also let me know about some of the Vector problems of late, might of just been better off to have Ghillebear or some other guys he recommended build me one.