PDA

View Full Version : Rifle is out of jail !

lil_jackal
03-04-2012, 2:29 PM
Yesterday i picked her up ! a century arms polish akms ! :) i dont really know how to start threads so here i go ! thought id share it with you guys , well yeah picked her up yesterday , looks pretty sexy so far , except the finish ... and the wood ! but thats about it , i was excited as hell , but just with my luck with ak's i have a canted rear sight ! i was staring at it at the shop and didnt notice it ! every time i get an ak theres a problem its like we're not meant to be ! :( besides that its a step up from the i.o. casars ,took her out for a spin, fed great , shot great , didn't have any targets so didn't know it was canted . anyways here's some pictures of her
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l554/lil_jackalx/0304121411.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l554/lil_jackalx/0304121411a.jpg
and here's the awesome cant !
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l554/lil_jackalx/asklda.jpg

icenix
03-04-2012, 2:35 PM
Nice, congrats!!

I have never shot an AK, I don't think they are particularly attractive guns, and there are other guns I would like.....yet, there is a part of me that wants one, go figure, lol.

lil_jackal
03-04-2012, 2:43 PM
Nice, congrats!!

I have never shot an AK, I don't think they are particularly attractive guns, and there are other guns I would like.....yet, there is a part of me that wants one, go figure, lol.

no collection is complete without one ;)

Revolver Ocelot
03-04-2012, 2:46 PM
You sure its not the front thats canted?

lil_jackal
03-04-2012, 2:48 PM
You sure its not the front thats canted?

im pretty sure , in the pic it looks like that but in person you can really tell , it saddens me man , every ak i have ever got , even replacements , it always seems like theres a problem with it ! everytime ! its annoying ! :mad:

MrExel17
03-04-2012, 3:12 PM
Nice , congrats!

MrPlink
03-04-2012, 3:55 PM
if you can zero it (which 99% of the time you can) a canted sight like that is not a problem.

If you are OCD about symmetry, I suppose it is a problem...

If you are looking for something that is arguably perfect, build it from the ground up yourself.

My AK has a canted front sight, shoots just fine.

My "top tier" LMT has a slightly canted front sight

HELL, I dropped almost 3k on my FN, and guess what? Still not 100% perfect when it comes to little details!

Who cares? These are tools above all else, and that ESPECIALLY goes for a gun that is crude, cheap and mass manufactured.

Furthermore, in my personal opinion, pretty AKs dont look like AKs, they look like toys.
The simplicity and crudeness in both form and function are what make them awesome weapons.

Anyways, dont worry about it, just get it zero'd and go blast off a hundred rounds and have fun!

lil_jackal
03-04-2012, 3:58 PM
if you can zero it (which 99% of the time you can) a canted sight like that is not a problem.

If you are OCD about symmetry, I suppose it is a problem...

:O yeah im kinda anal when it comes to symmetry , is it an easy fix ? i rather not send it to get repaired , i hate not having my rifle and waiting for it back

MrPlink
03-04-2012, 4:03 PM
:O yeah im kinda anal when it comes to symmetry , is it an easy fix ? i rather not send it to get repaired , i hate not having my rifle and waiting for it back

depends, it may require the #1 precision tool of all former Combloc nations, a hammer!

might need more than that. Not worth it IMO

03-04-2012, 4:05 PM
Nice, congrats!!

Same here.... just cant think of aa justifiable reason to buy one yet :rolleyes:

shooperman
03-04-2012, 4:09 PM
Congratulations. Hope you like it.

MrPlink
03-04-2012, 4:10 PM
Same here.... just cant think of aa justifiable reason to buy one yet :rolleyes:

same reason a carpenter would buy a saw if he did not have one yet, if you like military pattern weapons it is a must have.

paul0660
03-04-2012, 4:16 PM
a hammer!

That is number two. Not everyone has a hammer, but you can always find a rock.

lil_jackal
03-04-2012, 4:29 PM
depends, it may require the #1 precision tool of all former Combloc nations, a hammer!

might need more than that. Not worth it IMO

That is number two. Not everyone has a hammer, but you can always find a rock.
noo ! dont say that ! i would actually be bored enough to actually do it !

AVID HUNTER
03-04-2012, 4:45 PM
Don't worry about it now. You'll eventually by a kit for a build party. At that time take it with you and adjust then. Shoot the sheet out of it. I just got one myself last week. Mine has things I don't find to be perfect either, but being a hobby, I have time to make it mine.

ZX-10R
03-04-2012, 6:36 PM
You are fine...However, I am surprised you thought the finish was off...I have one and it hands down the best built AK I have ever bought. You did not notice this at the store? Always take someone with you and take your time. I have the means to fix a cant but some do not. Thus you should take your time. Mr. Plink is right though...Nothing is perfect and even I opted to take an AES with a cant because you cannot find them so easily. I knew that and was cool with that.

The wood is not problem get some minwax antique walnut and mahagony...2 coats walnut and 1 mahagony and you are set.

Gnome
03-04-2012, 6:39 PM
That is one evil looking rifle. :reddevil:

atsaubrey
03-04-2012, 6:48 PM
that appears to be a "bent receiver to me and not a canted sight. Whats cool about the AK....the bish will run regardless. :reddevil:

lil_jackal
03-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Don't worry about it now. You'll eventually by a kit for a build party. At that time take it with you and adjust then. Shoot the sheet out of it. I just got one myself last week. Mine has things I don't find to be perfect either, but being a hobby, I have time to make it mine.

hmmm sounds tempting to build one :)

lil_jackal
03-04-2012, 11:02 PM
You are fine...However, I am surprised you thought the finish was off...I have one and it hands down the best built AK I have ever bought. You did not notice this at the store? Always take someone with you and take your time. I have the means to fix a cant but some do not. Thus you should take your time. Mr. Plink is right though...Nothing is perfect and even I opted to take an AES with a cant because you cannot find them so easily. I knew that and was cool with that.

The wood is not problem get some minwax antique walnut and mahagony...2 coats walnut and 1 mahagony and you are set.

made me feel better :) oh ! how do i get a finish and wood to look like this ? i found this pic while doing my homework on polish underfolders and i thought it looked damn nice
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l554/lil_jackalx/DSC00791.jpg

lil_jackal
03-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Nice , congrats!

thanks

That is one evil looking rifle. :reddevil:
it sure is :) now how do i make it look evil... ler ?

Whats cool about the AK....the bish will run regardless. :reddevil:
damn skippy !

tools2teach
03-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Congrats!!! I wanted a under fold for a while when it started dry up. Good find.

lil_jackal
03-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Congrats!!! I wanted a under fold for a while when it started dry up. Good find.

thanks man ! and its never to late ! :)

ZX-10R
03-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Play with the wood colors...I use Minwax Antique Walnut and Mahogony. However, you can try other colors...Go to a home depot and let your imagination run wild.

lil_jackal
03-05-2012, 2:46 PM
Play with the wood colors...I use Minwax Antique Walnut and Mahogony. However, you can try other colors...Go to a home depot and let your imagination run wild.

post a pic ! i must see , if i like it ill go buy the stains right now