PDA

View Full Version : SIG 716

GOPOSTALMAIL
03-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Looking around to get one of these new Sig, the R716-H20B-PRM SIG 716 Precision Marksman Rifle is about $2,000, the R716-16B Patrol is about $1,700.
I think the price is reasonable, do you see any of them lately in CA stores ?

Only one listed on Gunbroker (overpriced).
http://www.tombstonetactical.com/images/sig-sauer/R716-H20B-PRM-1-large.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4cGG-RFVe9xro4pb2p0O9APrMfC2bOkkRUgMBxoSYrjK7ejZDv5bFXQ dd

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrp0Lhjs3JEjM5zxHEsUBUK5vXTJxTy JVeQ-YDo7lGEShZBaZpDw

Sturnovik
03-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Looks neat.

discoed
03-04-2012, 11:36 AM
That looks good and at $1700 I think it's a good price.

crazychinaman
03-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Looking around to get one of these new Sig, the R716-H20B-PRM SIG 716 Precision Marksman Rifle is about $2,000, the R716-16B Patrol is about $1,700.
I think the price is reasonable, do you see any of them lately in CA stores ?

Only one listed on Gunbroker (overpriced).
http://www.tombstonetactical.com/images/sig-sauer/R716-H20B-PRM-1-large.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4cGG-RFVe9xro4pb2p0O9APrMfC2bOkkRUgMBxoSYrjK7ejZDv5bFXQ dd

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrp0Lhjs3JEjM5zxHEsUBUK5vXTJxTy JVeQ-YDo7lGEShZBaZpDw

supposedly the 716 Precision rifle is not going to be made.Not in the web ste anymore.

Solidsnake87
03-04-2012, 2:08 PM
Lol, I love how practically every firearm company basically makes an AR platform of some sort. Its such a saturated market, you'd think companies would tap other areas.

Sturnovik
03-04-2012, 2:14 PM
Who knows, maybe this will cause others to drop prices and offer more goodies, I'm all for it. I wouldn't mind trying one of these out. Would rather pick up 516 or the m400 though simply due to funds.

sfhondapilot
03-04-2012, 3:26 PM
I think that rifle in the second pic is on the counter at Bullseye in San Rafael.

SOCAL-PRINCE
03-04-2012, 4:56 PM
Interested in the Sig716 as well. Riflegear in Costa Mesa has it on their website for $1699 bits it's currently not in stock.

NickZag
05-05-2012, 1:49 PM
Anyone have any idea what kind of optics it comes with? Been looking and can't find the info.

PolishMike
05-05-2012, 1:57 PM
Sig has supposedly shipped one batch of them. We have had them on order for a LONG time. Hopefully soon... No one can give you a real eta though. Sig has been saying 2 weeks since Jan 2010

Ak707
05-05-2012, 3:17 PM
Try personalsecurityzone.com
When I bought my 516 I was able to buy it there, get it shipped and pay a ffl for a couple hundred cheaper than the cheapest one I could find locally in the bay area

GOPOSTALMAIL
05-05-2012, 8:33 PM
My SIG 716 already came thru to Rifle Gear last friday, will pick it up Monday. Lucky me !!..:p :43:

SOCAL-PRINCE
05-05-2012, 9:54 PM
@GOPOSTALMAIL - congrats man! How much was it if you don't mind me asking? Please PM me if you don't want to make it public. I'm wanting this bad in FDE. Thanks!

MrExel17
05-05-2012, 9:58 PM
Might have to consider it especially for that price!

kimo308
05-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Lol, I love how practically every firearm company basically makes an AR platform of some sort. Its such a saturated market, you'd think companies would tap other areas.

I have to agree although I also agree with Sturnovik that we do need more competition between gun companies to help drive down prices, although I wouldn't hold my breath especially this year. Sig should just build what we really want, a real US version of the 550, not the 556.

Now this is a very nice and interesting rifle. I got to see and handle this in Vegas a few months ago. But before I get to my opinion on this rifle, I have some concerns about it, FWIW. First, it's another AR10 platform which I hear has some possible reliability issues. Second, it's a Sig, the once mighty company who's qa and customer service has been questionable the last few years although I have heard that they have improved in both areas. Another concern is it being a first run model. It's also utilizing your non traditional DI system, but instead, a piston driven gas system, on the other hand, it uses a very nice one piece BCG Saw this in black and FDE at Shot but I didn't like the FDE coating Sig chose. It may have been the lighting in the showroom, but the tan color coating looked glossy and metallic. In person, you really notice the difference between the Magpul accessories in FDE vs the lighter glossier tanned rifle. The rifle felt heavy but nice and solid although the hanguards were your typical quad rail. I did see what looked like the Precision Marksman or version of it which looked, felt and specs wise is more ideal as a precision rifle over the Patrol version. But Sig decided to screw with us again; it won't be for the US market. Why not, everyone wants an AR nowadays and even better, this is in .308. The price tag on the other hand is fair for what your getting since you get the Magpul ACS and MIAD along with a sling with QD swivels, a cleaning kit in a nice bag, and a set of rail covers. Is it worth the gamble? That's really up to the individual. I think i may decide to pass on this rifle.....at least for now. I hope the OP gives us a full range report on it and btw, good price you locked in from riflegear. They raised their prices on this rifle and they don't even have it in stock yet, lol. For around $1800 it's probably worth the gamble for some, but for $2k, it's well worth looking into other proven choices like an M1A or FAL.

GOPOSTALMAIL
05-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Still not many available now, and black only, no FDE anywhere.

Like I said in other post, I hit order on 03/02/12, paid original order price of $1699, plus $30 for Kali compliant mag lock (and tax ofcourse). Price is higher now. I think [OLD] price is reasonable as it is being sharp, solid, and a nicer, better looking 308 AR type, feels not as smooth as my SCAR17s and a little bit heavier, I like what I see so far.

I try to think like if I buy a basic AR10 for $1000, get a short stroke pushrod for $200, a free float barrel & aluminum quad rail forend $300,Magpul ACS stock & MIAD grip $150, nice flip up front & back iron sights $150, use PMag, then I would have to spend more money, time, and effort to put them together instead of get everything already put together in that SIG 716. (It came with plastic hard case, cleaning kit, lock, sling, rubber rail guards and Pmag).

By the way I'm not good at all as a shooter, never learn much let alone evaluate a rifle even though I'm fortunate enough to have chance of trying a lot of thing outside the US since 1972, (M2 selective fire cabine ...., M79 grenade launcher, M72 anti-tank, B41 RPG any body ??!!.:pbragging:p), can't even use iron sight anymore because eyes problem with double vision and eye glass did not help, will put a cheap scope on it and try out the end of this month before Memorial day when I have vacation and come back with some report.

PolishMike
05-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Funny that we actually had two black ones come in today.