PDA

View Full Version : Turner's excellent customer service

george tirebiter
03-04-2012, 8:36 AM
I want to post up my positive experience I had at Turner's on Friday.

I went to the Turner's in Reseda and immediately saw that the parking lot was filled to the brim. I went inside and the place looked like a war zone everything was moved around, turns out they are redoing their floors. Anyway, I look at the gun section and sure enough it is filled with people I grab and number and get ready for a long drawn out wait. While waiting I overhear the employees go over the benefits and types of guns and rifles to several people that were looking to purchase their first firearm. The employees were thoughtful, patient and freely dispensing good info. Surprisingly, despite the crowds, my number got called just ten minutes later. I had gone in to purchase a Daniel Defense V5. The employee got it for me and while looking at it I asked if they still have their policy that you have to pay it all now to start the DROS. The salesman informed me that they had that policy for a little while due to some audits but changed it back to "pay 30% now DROS now" when they saw that their customers didn't like the new policy and that they were not required to do so. So I said "I'll take it" started the paperwork paid my 30% down and I get to go next week and pick up my new firearm.

It was a much better experience than I have had there in the past and I wanted to let you and them know. Good job Turners!

ElvenSoul
03-04-2012, 9:08 AM
I allways have good experience at Turner's, but then I go to the Chino Hills Store.

zombiescanlearn
03-04-2012, 9:20 AM
I visit the Turner's in my city all the time and never had a bad experience. I'm sure it happens, but not to me. At least they don't make you feel like they don't want your business which is what it felt like when I went to Field Time -- been there three times trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but it was the same every time. So, I'm never going back there. Turner's prices could be better but that's my only complaint.

Rhythm of Life
03-04-2012, 9:30 AM
That just seems the way you should be treated.... I don't see any above and beyond the call.

They did their job for one day.

bomb_on_bus
03-04-2012, 9:39 AM
LOL that this thread is only 2 threads down from the thread about how bad their service is............... of course it will be bumped when I post this. :D

icenix
03-04-2012, 9:40 AM
Did you only post this because of the other guy complaining about the customer service at Turners in that other thread? lol

JNunez23
03-04-2012, 9:41 AM
Haha yeah.....good one ;)

Oceanbob
03-04-2012, 9:46 AM
I allways have good experience at Turner's, but then I go to the Chino Hills Store.

I agree...this is from a post earlier today:

I was over at Turners Chino Hills yesterday doing a PPT and buying some reloading components.

The experience was GREAT..

ChrisD did our PPT in a timely manner (about 20 minutes) and while the place was crowded and very busy, all the employees were friendly, helpful and smiling. Several times employees would ask new arrivals and others if they needed help. When I arrived to sell my 1993 GEN2 Glock 23 (pristine condition) like always, someone has to clear the weapon before approaching the back counters. The nice girl at the register paged someone and the General Manager (I think his name is Jim, but I'am bad with names ) came up front and inspected my GLOCK. What a nice guy....I can see that his fellow employees follow his lead. Most employees follow the general demeanor and attitude of their boss...when you have a friendly and helpful boss as a mentor, employees will parrot that attitude. This guy knew his stuff and even commented on my old Glock. I left that store with a positive
feeling that Turners knows how to do it...!

Saturdays are always crowded. We gun nuts on Cal Guns will go anytime during the week but MOST people (normal..hahahaha) have a life outside Glocks and 1911s..(hard to believe hey..? )...and they drag the wife over to Turners on Saturday morning. That place was a bee-hive of activity and I can see how assets (employees) can be tasked to give everyone a good experience. It sure impressed me that these employees were able to Multi-Task from customer to customer yesterday.

Good on Turners.!

I will continue to give Turners my business.

Be well, Bob

george tirebiter
03-04-2012, 9:50 AM
Did you only post this because of the other guy complaining about the customer service at Turners in that other thread? lol

To an extent. I have had bad service there before and I've vowed never to go back. However, they had something I wanted that I couldn't find elsewhere and at a very good price. I braced for the worst and happily I got the best. They should get some kudos for a job well done too.

Oh yeah, I also answered the post on what you say when you want a gun.

toby
03-04-2012, 10:00 AM
I and another CG member went to the Norwalk local for a PPT and they too were a bit on the busy side, MGR came to us and said guy's it will be a good long wait today, come back on Mon at 4:00 and we will take care of you first thing even if I have to do it! thats a good sign that Turners is trying to make a turnaround........:thumbsup:

Jeepergeo
03-04-2012, 11:07 AM
I was in the San Bernardino store Friday about 4:30 pm and the gun counter was jammed. My number was abount 15 higher than currently being served.

I found out that they had just installed a new computer system and staff were learning it. So it took me some time to get called, about 40 minutes, so needless to say, I got to look around the store for some time. It was the first time I had a chance to check out their fishing gear, and it was impressive.

Anyway, when it was my turn at the counter, the help I received was very good. Yeah, it should be good, but the guys back there are people too, and I was impressed they they did a great job despite the crowd and new computer system.

JeremyKX
03-04-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't know when you went but my Turners experience on Friday (2 days ago) sucked. Had to wait 45 minutes just for my number to be called so I could pick up my shotgun. I was talking to a few people who were there just to pick up ammo and had to wait also. You must of been there earlier in the day.

george tirebiter
03-04-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't know when you went but my Turners experience on Friday (2 days ago) sucked. Had to wait 45 minutes just for my number to be called so I could pick up my shotgun. I was talking to a few people who were there just to pick up ammo and had to wait also. You must of been there earlier in the day.

2:00 pm.

russ69
03-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I and another CG member went to the Norwalk local for a PPT and they too were a bit on the busy side, MGR came to us and said guy's it will be a good long wait today, come back on Mon at 4:00 and we will take care of you first thing even if I have to do it! thats a good sign that Turners is trying to make a turnaround........:thumbsup:

So, good customer service is when the manager says; Piss off and come back another time?

Omil
03-04-2012, 11:45 AM

:clap:

Big Kid
03-04-2012, 11:46 AM
So they let you pay 30% and they still did the dros. I was in the Corona store yesterday to buy a 1911. I asked if I could pay 50% now and the rest in 10 days. They said no. Do they have different policies at each store?

toby
03-04-2012, 11:46 AM
So, good customer service is when the manager says; Piss off and come back another time?

Did you have a brain fart or something? He said we could have a long wait or come back and be served right then!....:facepalm:

Cato
03-04-2012, 11:57 AM
I haven't really taken Turners seriously in years. Back when they had Yugo SKSs (2004?) I got one and didn't initial some document that said I had a gun safe. I signed it, but I didn't initial some line on the document. I DROS the gun, picked it up, and a few weeks later someone at Turners caught the oversight. I got a couple threatening letters and phone calls (in the course of a week) saying that I had better come in immediately or the DOJ would be knocking on my door! I got to Turners with in a few days and initialed the document.

It really bothered me that I was blamed and threatened with legal action when it was Turner's clerk who didn't ask me to initial the safe affadavit. I'm not an firearms lawyer afterall!

Another, less scary, occurance at Turners was when I went in asking if they had any M1 Garands. The clerk told me those are military grade and have been illegal for years!

Both these have happened at Turners Pasadena; maybe other stores are better staffed.

ke6guj
03-04-2012, 1:04 PM
So they let you pay 30% and they still did the dros. I was in the Corona store yesterday to buy a 1911. I asked if I could pay 50% now and the rest in 10 days. They said no. Do they have different policies at each store?

Bill Ortiz from Turners has stated that they recently changed it so that you cna do a 30% deposit and statrt your DROS. It should be a company wide policy.

BHPFan
03-04-2012, 1:16 PM
When it comes to Turners, their customer service is more on their employee rather than chain as a whole. I am not defending Turners nor am I representing them, but it has been my experience that certain employees and managers are great, but also, there are others who are jerks. I even experienced that first hand in one single store: 8 out of its 10 employees are OK-to-great people while the others are p.ric.k.s. It's usually those doofuses that spoil it for everyone.

ke6guj
03-04-2012, 1:21 PM
When it comes to Turners, their customer service is more on their employee rather than chain as a whole. I am not defending Turners nor am I representing them, but it has been my experience that certain employees and managers are great, but also, there are others who are jerks. I even experienced that first hand in one single store: 8 out of its 10 employees are OK-to-great people while the others are p.ric.k.s. It's usually those doofuses that spoil it for everyone.

exactly. Your local mom-and-pop shop might ahve 2-3 employees, and people know who to deal iwth at that shop. With that few employees, knowledge levels seem to average out by osmosis.

But, Turner's as a whole might have a 100+ salespeople working for them, the difference between knowledgable and ignorant can be great, and getting the ignorant up to speed can be a chore.

Jeepergeo
03-04-2012, 4:04 PM

I was there at 1630 to 1730. Yeah, I waited awhile for the reasons stated. The point was that when it was my turn, the service was very good.

I will try to find a less busy time in the future to go.

The behind the counter ammo is a pain when you need to wait ....seems like it would pay to have an ammo sales only person back there and to handle knives too.

Cypriss32
03-04-2012, 4:27 PM
Turners is whatever, I have had good service and bad service. I can say that about every gun store. Its NOT the chain/stores fault, its the employee. I rarely find gun shops with managment and general bad policys and poor service.

Its just the same as going to ANY other store(IE: Sears, harbor freight, vons, home depot). Turners was allways good to me and my friends. Minus the employee that thought I was a gun runner and threated to call the police on me.......

Aces and 8s
03-04-2012, 4:50 PM
The amount of morons going into turners upsets me. The employees are generally easy to deal with and informative at the reseda location. What really gets to me is the people with no intention of buying who ask a million questions , take up 30 mins of time , then walk out. Its like they never heard of the internet for their research and inquiries.

JNunez23
03-04-2012, 6:18 PM
The amount of morons going into turners upsets me. The employees are generally easy to deal with and informative at the reseda location. What really gets to me is the people with no intention of buying who ask a million questions , take up 30 mins of time , then walk out. Its like they never heard of the internet for their research and inquiries.

NO ****!!! Very true statement.. Like, dude... the internet can answer all those questions are you ear-f***ing the clerk with!! lol

Gnome
03-04-2012, 6:42 PM
I also had a good experience at Turner's (Padadena) today. It offset the bad experience I had at the same store a little over a week ago. The manager, Hector C. made things right...

Thanks Hector.

roc
03-04-2012, 7:04 PM
... and getting the ignorant up to speed can be a chore.

they need a way to identify the ignorant and get rid of them or don't hire them. i have had experiences both good and bad as well.

russ69
03-04-2012, 7:43 PM
Did you have a brain fart or something? He said we could have a long wait or come back and be served right then!....:facepalm:

You phone call is very important to us. Really? Then why don't you answer the phone?
Good customer service...is...ah...service, not come back later.

Knife Edge
03-05-2012, 7:19 PM
Turners in Orange, great staff and awesome CS. Whenever I buy a pistol one of their staff goes through it top to bottom.

Very impressed!

toby
03-05-2012, 7:27 PM
You phone call is very important to us. Really? Then why don't you answer the phone?
Good customer service...is...ah...service, not come back later.

Today We walked in at 4:00 went right to the counter told them we are here and at that very second they were on it, yes it did take their usual 40 minutes to complete but thats another story. Yes there were at least 15 people in the store already. Maybe it's your attitude they don't like?....just sayin ;)