PDA

View Full Version : Talk to Walt from Fulton Armory

colossians323
04-07-2007, 4:39 PM
Would anyone like to give Walt a talk and straighten him out on California law and the fact that he is handing out bad information.
You can check this thread out here (http://www.warrifles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=303551#post303551)
at warrifles.
I think it would do him well to see how many Californians are actually buying CA. compliant weapons.

Fjold
04-07-2007, 4:48 PM
The man who owns Fulton Armory is without morals and conscience.

phish
04-07-2007, 8:46 PM
I don't believe %90 of the mud-dragging stories over there. They have an ant-burner for one of the mods, and that site attempted to blacklist a former vendor when he would no longer do any freebies for the owner.

There's a rather storied history of that site, dating back to battlerifles.com days before it was taken over by amback. Suffice it to say, the owner of warrifles was booted off of battlerifles after some shady deals occured.

p.s. that link is dead and requires you to login, but I found it after searching...

Cato
04-07-2007, 8:54 PM
My credit card number was stolen from an online purchase from them! :mad:

NRAhighpowershooter
04-07-2007, 9:16 PM
Fulton burned me on a Garand re-barreling 8yrs ago.. and with them burning bridges on the OLL's... to heck with Fulton Armory............ :mad:

FNC80
04-07-2007, 9:31 PM
They're good people who have done much to educate the shooting community on Garands and M1As.

anotherone
04-07-2007, 10:17 PM
You guys really need to consider this from a business perspective. Clint has spent decades building up a very good firearms business. His family and livelihood depend on Fulton Armory. When attorneys start calling him and telling him they may not just take away his livelihood but put him in jail why do you think he's going to go out on a limb for you?

Would you risk putting your family out on the street to fend for themselves while you're in prison for someone you don't even know who lives 1000+ miles away? Oh what's that, you wouldn't give up your business that you spent decades building to sell a $90 hunk of aluminum to someone in another state?

Before you talk trash about Fulton Armory and Clint you should come out of your SHTF bunker, take off your tin foil hat, and rationalize how the rest of the world does not revolve around you and your desires to obtain a variety of semi-auto rifles. Thank you.

kap
04-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Clint may be a stand up guy and Fulton Armory may be a great place, but I would never dream of defending a business and their practices on the basis that they are ignorant of the rules governing how they run their business, no matter how irrational the rules are. Business is not charity but you do not roll over to baseless threats from anyone. How about instead of buying what some lawyer tells them, they educate themselves in the business they are involved in and then tell the lawyer to go screw themselves (gently and politely of course) because they are full of crap and that they have the laws and knowledge to back up their claim.

Matt C
04-07-2007, 10:44 PM
You guys really need to consider this from a business perspective. Clint has spent decades building up a very good firearms business. His family and livelihood depend on Fulton Armory. When attorneys start calling him and telling him they may not just take away his livelihood but put him in jail why do you think he's going to go out on a limb for you?

Why? Why did the founding fathers sign the declaration of independance? Probably the same reason I joined the Army, and swore to defend the constitution. Perhaps it's because some things are worth fighting for.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

That quote seems particularly relevant here, but then many of Sam Adams quotes seem to mean more in these times than they have before, except when they were first spoken.

ETA: I posted over there on the fulton sub-forum, had to correct a mod that, get this, suggested calling the AG for advice on which ARs are legal. :)

maxicon
04-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Before you talk trash about Fulton Armory and Clint you should come out of your SHTF bunker, take off your tin foil hat, and rationalize how the rest of the world does not revolve around you and your desires to obtain a variety of semi-auto rifles. Thank you.

I agree that FA has done quite a lot for the national shooting community, but I lost a great deal of respect for the way Clint handled the OLL fiasco.

Wanting to protect his business and avoid fuzzy legal entanglements is one thing. Threatening to turn the shipped lowers in as stolen, when he knew that this was not the case, is far outside the bounds of decent and businesslike behavior.

A good reputation takes years to build, and can be lost in a moment. He made the choice to act as he did, and I'll never forget that, even though it didn't affect me personally.

YMMV, as always.

Yankee Clipper
04-07-2007, 11:34 PM
When I talked to Clint he was concerned about how the rifle he worked on for me, was used. Specifically he said that re-loads were not to be used in any rifles (in this case an M1A) that he had worked on and that only Black Hills or other, nationally known, factory ammunition should be used. From a legal standpoint point/his business standpoint, I can understand that, but from a real-world standpoint I cannot. As adamant as he was, he had to know he was verbalizing words for the sake of the legal community - not the shooting community. And that makes that conversation a shame and a sad commentary on our shooting community, in which he is trying to play a major part.

bwiese
04-08-2007, 2:08 AM
It's one thing, perhaps, to not want to sell into California.

It's entirely another thing to grab a shipment mid-air, redirect it and then make false threats of theft charges, etc. This was a very public fiasco and the Wes at Ten Percent Firearms gave the blow-by-blow here.

I will do everything I can to see that Fulton does little biz in CA. Their AR uppers are, IMHO, nothing that special to write home about, and my Springfield M1A works just fine.

colossians323
04-08-2007, 7:16 AM
They erased my post over there, and called it bashing a vendor.

Fjold
04-08-2007, 8:02 AM

Would you risk putting your family out on the street to fend for themselves while you're in prison for someone you don't even know who lives 1000+ miles away? Oh what's that, you wouldn't give up your business that you spent decades building to sell a $90 hunk of aluminum to someone in another state?

I don't wear a tinfoil hat or live in a bunker but I don't think it's right for someone to lie to and threaten to have someone arrested for a felony to keep my business "safe". Especially when the person that you're threatening had done nothing wrong and it's just your igorance that has created the problem.

If he was worried about the business deal that he made he should have contacted his attorney and had him research it along with calling his customer and explaining the situation and his concerns and requested that the shipment be returned. He should never have threatened his customer and told him that he would call the authorities and report the product stolen.

Since that's the way that he does business and treats people how can anyone feel comfortable associating with someone like that?

Clint is a liar and a coward and as such I won't do business with him.

No thank you

WokMaster1
04-08-2007, 8:58 AM
They are telling us "You should leave California" "You Cal guys are wussies, allowing your gov't to tell you what to do. It'll never happen in OUR state" You get the picture.

At the first call from AM & Iggy or DOJ crony du jour, they go cowering under their desk & Yes sir/ma'am, No sir/ma'am. How DEEP ma'am?

Fact finding will not cost you a lot of $$$. Time, yes. A conference call to CWS, 10%, Bill Weise & to be legally covered, maybe Chuck Michel would clear things up. Look at CMMG. They are still in business.

Look at all the FFLs from out of state. look at all the FFLs in state. Wanna talk about losing everything & putting their family out on the street? I'm pretty sure the FFLs have more to lose compared to a "bigger" company like FA.

I'm sure FA are good people, at least i will give them the benefit of a doubt. This whole thing with the OLL was a mess. It left a lot of bad taste in our mouths. How can we change things around? That would be a more positive thing to go on than to whine about the past.

Education by persuasion & facts. If a company sees fit not to do business in this state, there's always the competition. We may live in a Communistic type state but capitalism is alive & well.

Fjold
04-08-2007, 10:19 AM

HONOR means doing the right thing even at great sacrifice to yourself

To lie and bear false witness and threaten another man's business and family merely to safeguard your own financial status is the very definition of DISHONOR.

Clint did not go out on a limb for us. He sold lowers to make money and he does not care who buys his product as long as he gets his money. The only threat to his business is that fact that his customers now know that given the chance he will sacrifice their life and liberty for his financial gain.

Like I said, he chose the dishonorable route to resolve the situation. The true measure of a man is how he behaves under threat to himself. Every soldier on every battlefield knows this, sadly some people here don't.

231 years ago, each signer of the Declaration of Independence knew that they were risking their personal safety and private fortunes by doing the honorable thing but apparently in America today it's now OK not do that for financial security.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

artherd
04-08-2007, 3:27 PM
I have a funny story to tell in about 4 years.

Fulton Armory commited the only actual crime in the entire transaction; when they threatened to file a false and malicious prosecution against Wes if he did not capitulate and allow Fulton to voilate the terms of their contract with him.

Chuck is a coward, I can say this as someone who DID risk $$$ and charges to help bring fully legal OLLs to those who want them.

jmlivingston
04-08-2007, 3:33 PM
Fulton Armory commited the only actual crime in the entire transaction; when they threatened to file a false and malicious prosecution against Wes if he did not capitulate and allow Fulton to voilate the terms of their contract with him.

Yes, once those lowers were shipped off they didn't belong to FA anymore. His claim to file stolen property charges were ludicrus as they legally belonged to Wes at the time.

John

artherd
04-08-2007, 3:49 PM
Yes, once those lowers were shipped off they didn't belong to FA anymore. His claim to file stolen property charges were ludicrus as they legally belonged to Wes at the time.

John

Exactly. Proper legal consul would have pointed this out. Instead, he re-acted emotionally and unlawfully.

anotherone
04-08-2007, 5:11 PM
Chuck is a coward, I can say this as someone who DID risk $$$ and charges to help bring fully legal OLLs to those who want them.

They often say that there's a fine line between insanity and genious. You are one of the few people bold enough and brave enough to walk that line and my hat is therefore tipped to you Ben.

You had nothing to gain except charges for originating this whole episode. I'll definitely admit it's changed things quite a bit in this state, but we'll have to wait for the outcome of Hunt Vs. CA to see the final effect. If the OLL situation, the DC case, and other items end up tearing down SB-23 I'll be submitting an article to Guns & Ammo about how a single man and a group of folks online who had never met in person were able to challange one of the largest and most powerful state organizations on the planet.

Fjold
04-08-2007, 7:05 PM
They often say that there's a fine line between insanity and genious. You are one of the few people bold enough and brave enough to walk that line and my hat is therefore tipped to you Ben.

You had nothing to gain except charges for originating this whole episode. I'll definitely admit it's changed things quite a bit in this state, but we'll have to wait for the outcome of Hunt Vs. CA to see the final effect. If the OLL situation, the DC case, and other items end up tearing down SB-23 I'll be submitting an article to Guns & Ammo about how a single man and a group of folks online who had never met in person were able to challange one of the largest and most powerful state organizations on the planet.

And don't forget to add a paragraph on how one major manufacturer threw away his honor and threatened to file a false claim of felony theft to protect his pocketbook.

6172crew
04-08-2007, 8:29 PM
Thanks to Ben I ended up with a few lowers from Fulton but I dont think Id buy a vowel from him.

Hope he does well without my business.

FreedomIsNotFree
04-08-2007, 9:24 PM
We dont need no stinkin' Fulton.

We have plenty of vendors here that appreciate our business and dont threaten us with fairy tales of criminal charges.

Bolt2Bounce
04-08-2007, 9:57 PM
Fulton Armory = Over priced...Fulton Armory= lies and false information. ie
"Anyone other than our M14 receivers are junk" even Armcorp inc although Armcorp inc makes the Fulton receiver for them...LOL... Fulton Armory =bending over for the G man...look what happened to Colt when they bent over for the Govn'ment... they lost millions of $$ to Bushmaster and others ...I would have told Fulton to go ahead and file a false police report and see where it getts ya... I will never do business with them..I will never recommend anyone to do business with them, just like Paypal and E bay no business from me....period... "F" 'em:mad:
B2B