PDA

View Full Version : Really upset with Turners right now :(

Chrushev
03-03-2012, 9:57 AM
I am reposting this in this forum as recommended by the folks in the General chat. They said I should repost it here. Here is the story:

I am pretty frustrated right now. I paid my gun in full.. waited 10 days, just to drive 20 miles and be told "It looks like your gun didnt make it on the truck this week."

Really? Has this happened to anyone else? What if it misses the truck next week too? And week after that? How is this acceptable that my firearms, that is registered to me, with a serial number (aka, noone else can take it)... is no where to be found?

I now have to wait until Wednesday and hope that it makes it next time? They only get trucks on Wednesdays... so extra 5 days for me... what a bunch of bull :/

Had to cancel my trip to the range tomorrow.

This was at Turner's in Signal Hill (southern cali).

pretty upset right now that I have to wait 15 days instead of the standard 10

PS - I hope they buy me a box or 2 of ammo or give me store credit towards another gun purchase, otherwise this will be the last time I deal with them. This is unacceptable.

EDIT - (March 9, 2012) - Update to the story on page 2... or you can click HERE to go to it. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=8186248&postcount=57)

DrDavid
03-03-2012, 10:20 AM
I am pretty frustrated right now. I paid my gun in full.. waited 10 days, just to drive 20 miles and be told "It looks like your gun didnt make it on the truck this week."
Frankly, I bought my first gun from Turner's and received HORRIBLE service. Overly slow at every stage.

I just got a, "Sorry"...

Anyways, think of this as a reason to not do business with Turner's in the future.

Nate G
03-03-2012, 10:26 AM
I've bought 3 guns from them all at separate times and I was pleased with everything. Ask them to make it right by giving you credit or ammo and I'm sure they will

Baconator
03-03-2012, 10:28 AM
I had that happen to me once when I bought a gun there. Seems like they could at least call you when your gun isn't going to be there. I don't shop there anymore.

Longhill
03-03-2012, 10:57 AM
As I posted in the other thread, I am having the exact same issue.
Even the timing is the same. I know they are having issues getting serial numbers from the warehouse, in my case that was on a Sat, went back on Monday and supposedly got a serial number to start the DROS, went back in ten days for the pick up...and no rifle to pick up.
One of the black shirts did the DROS, so I thought I was good to go(silly me).
Now I have to make another trip this coming Wed. and see if it comes in.
I hope I get a gift card!(wishful thinking)

dctex99
03-03-2012, 11:04 AM
I recommend calling and confirming your gun came in at Turners since you are not really buying one from that store, but rather from their distant warehouse! You would think they would have a checklist; they know we are frustrated enough with California's silly gun laws without Turners adding to it!!

gimme
03-03-2012, 11:10 AM
and the sad part is they probably could give two *****s about this sale.

dms1
03-03-2012, 11:13 AM
I recommend calling and confirming your gun came in at Turners since you are not really buying one from that store, but rather from their distant warehouse! You would think they would have a checklist; they know we are frustrated enough with California's silly gun laws without Turners adding to it!!

I have bought several guns from Turners and have not had any issues, however I think it is Turners responsibility to contact a buyer if the gun will not be available by the date and time they put on the paper work they make you sign.

ke6guj
03-03-2012, 11:17 AM
OP, just to let you know, the Turners rep usually replies during normal business hours, so don't expect anything until Monday.

That said, one would hope that if something "misses the truck", that Turners could do a special delivery to get a gun to your store before the next truck run.

shooterdude
03-03-2012, 4:14 PM
I have bought several guns from Turners and have not had any issues, however I think it is Turners responsibility to contact a buyer if the gun will not be available by the date and time they put on the paper work they make you sign.

Umm..YEAH!

shooterdude
03-03-2012, 4:18 PM
I suggest that anyone who buys a gun at Turners writes on the paperwork the following:

"If the gun is not available at the day and time indicted on this paperwork then Turners will refund the service fee and provide 100 rounds of ammunition for this firearm"

What the heck is the "service fee" for anyways?

stitchnicklas
03-03-2012, 4:36 PM
screw turners....
took me 2hrs to ppt today because they screwed their own system up...

was going to by the lower thats on sale,said screw it and will buy elsewhere at a later date...same for the rest of the year for any other turners purchase,banned from my bank account for the year

monkeylice
03-03-2012, 5:09 PM
I always call before coming to pick things up. Turners does a lot of volume and I am not surprised that they can't keep track of the status of every individual gun at all times. If I really want to be sure that I can get the gun after 10 days, I make sure to buy it from their in-store stock. If it's not in-stock, I buy it somewhere else or take my chances with delivery. No matter who is selling it, there is no guarantee it will be transacted from a warehouse on time.

Today I went in to the Pasadena store to get a couple of the lowers on sale and the store was PACKED, looked to be at least an hour and a half wait behind a herd of tire-kickers to get served. Michelle (who helped me out with an order problem earlier this week) saw me waiting, so she jumped me ahead in line and got me set up in less than ten minutes. Awesome customer service for returning customers! :clap:

Fjold
03-03-2012, 6:10 PM
I always call before coming to pick things up. Turners does a lot of volume and I am not surprised that they can't keep track of the status of every individual gun at all times. If I really want to be sure that I can get the gun after 10 days, I make sure to buy it from their in-store stock. If it's not in-stock, I buy it somewhere else or take my chances with delivery. No matter who is selling it, there is no guarantee it will be transacted from a warehouse on time.

Today I went in to the Pasadena store to get a couple of the lowers on sale and the store was PACKED, looked to be at least an hour and a half wait behind a herd of tire-kickers to get served. Michelle (who helped me out with an order problem earlier this week) saw me waiting, so she jumped me ahead in line and got me set up in less than ten minutes. Awesome customer service for returning customers! :clap:

So she just screwed over the other customers that were waiting in line ahead of you?

orangeusa
03-03-2012, 6:16 PM
So she just screwed over the other customers that were waiting in line ahead of you?

Good point.

They are slow - especially for PPT transfers (which NOBODY makes money on), but overall, I've had decent luck with them. As with all businesses, a little communication ON BOTH sides works wonders.

I'm just glad they are another option for buying guns and gun supplies.

Good gosh guys - there are other gun stores with much worse service. (Biting tongue)...

ke6guj
03-03-2012, 6:31 PM

sure sounds like it.

hat's like those that complain when Turner's runs the ticket number system and they have to wait longer to be helped. Well, if all those people are already there, you're gonna have to wait, ticket or not, unless you cut the line.

vintagedude88
03-03-2012, 6:41 PM

I went there today to do the same thing but saw the crowd and decided to do it another day.:cool:

ryan0320
03-03-2012, 7:12 PM
Let me put this way~~~~
Turner is growing into the business entity that is ok to ignore some customers.
I have always seen that they said they are fixing the system to speed up the process.
Personally, I think it's just excuse for them.
They keep saying they are in the process of upgrading. Does it mean that Turner stores don't care about their customers. Just let them wait for it.
There are many ways to work around the current issue. I don't see they are working on it.
Therefore, I chose not to buy from them.

monkeylice
03-03-2012, 7:30 PM

She took my ID and my coupon, I told her I wanted two of them. She got the process started and then started helping someone else. Then when she was done with them, she handed me the paperwork to sign, and I was done. No one got screwed over, no one had to wait any longer, she just multitasked. I knew exactly what I wanted and it took maybe 5 minutes of her time to get it done, while she was helping other customers at the same time. This isn't discourtesy, it's EFFICIENCY.

People around here seem to want to hate Turner's. They have one or two experiences that they consider bad, and anything that happens there which inconveniences them the slightest bit is taken as a personal affront. What the workers at Turner's do is a time-consuming process, and they're working with a system that is antiquated and can't just be instantly upgraded because we want it to be. Sometimes you just have to wait! Not receiving instant gratification doesn't meant that Turner's has a policy of offending customers.

DrDavid
03-03-2012, 7:39 PM
She got the process started and then started helping someone else.
This is my issue with them too. If I'm there spending my money, SPEND THE TIME WITH ME! Don't screw off and take care of other customers too.. I'm there, working with someone. Deal with ME. THEN deal with someone else.

It's rude, bad customer service, and makes me feel like I'm not valued.

I was GOING to buy my M&P 9c at Turners a few days ago, but after being ignored for 2 hours, I went to a place that valued my business; The Shootist. They handled my purchase from beginning to end without "multitasking". They treated me like I was valuable. Not just another person they have to "deal with".

Seriously, I'm done with Turner's... They need to shape up, in a big way to get my business back.

monkeylice
03-03-2012, 7:45 PM
This is my issue with them too. If I'm there spending my money, SPEND THE TIME WITH ME! Don't screw off and take care of other customers too.. I'm there, working with someone. Deal with ME. THEN deal with someone else.

I didn't have an issue with it. Why shouldn't she talk to the next customer (especially since I was cutting in line) when her alternative is to sit and stare at a computer until the network spits out the information she needs to continue the process? She resumed working with me as soon as she had something for me to do, and it was only a few minutes.

Maybe I am overly sympathetic with them because I work a job myself that requires a lot of service, but it seems like people are way too unreasonably demanding. There are only so many people who can crowd up against the display cases at Turner's and be helped simultaneously.

ke6guj
03-03-2012, 7:53 PM
I didn't have an issue with it. Why shouldn't she talk to the next customer (especially since I was cutting in line) when her alternative is to sit and stare at a computer until the network spits out the information she needs to continue the process? She resumed working with me as soon as she had something for me to do, and it was only a few minutes.

Maybe I am overly sympathetic with them because I work a job myself that requires a lot of service, but it seems like people are way too unreasonably demanding. There are only so many people who can crowd up against the display cases at Turner's and be helped simultaneously.

and how do you know that none of those "tire-kickers" that were there before you just standing around were waiting to do the same thing you did? That they knew exactly what they wanted and just needed to do the paperwork. So, you still cut in front of them.

JNunez23
03-03-2012, 7:59 PM
Happened to me at the Pasadena store...

I was called in before my pick up date to "do paperwork." As this was my first purchase, I was not too aware of the process. Showed up after they called me to take care of it, got there, only to be told that they found my paperwork and I "should" have been put on the "ready" pile.

So for the same purchase, I show up pick-up day just to be told my 10/22 did not make the truck. Okay, so I had to show up the next day.

What really pissed me off was the fact that NO ONE could pick up the phone to let me know not to show up!! That's all I needed, just a heads up. But NO, I have to drive my H3 to Pasadena from the Valley @ over $4.00/ gallon.

What did I get for my troubles, 2 trips to Pasadena, and time lost....a single box of Remington Golden Bullet .22.

What a shame....Turner's sucks balls.

monkeylice
03-03-2012, 8:03 PM
and how do you know that none of those "tire-kickers" that were there before you just standing around were waiting to do the same thing you did? That they knew exactly what they wanted and just needed to do the paperwork. So, you still cut in front of them.

That's true, some of them may have known what they wanted and right away. I was just standing there and was just asked what's up, I didn't nose my way in.

If there is anything Turner's could do to improve customer service, I'd say they should open a lane on their gun section that is reserved for people who are there to pick up or buy and know exactly what they want, and maybe even for people who are there for a PPT.

DrDavid
03-03-2012, 8:09 PM
As far as I'm concerned, one sales rep should help one person until they're done; especially if they're in the process of buying/picking up/transferring a gun. There is NO excuse for walking away and helping someone else while you are ACTIVELY working with another.

It's bad service and just plain rude. And, it KEEPS happening to me at the Corona store.

I don't mind waiting my turn; what I do mind is that after I've WAITED, being treated like I'm not important.

vintagedude88
03-03-2012, 8:16 PM
But NO, I have to drive my H3 to Pasadena from the Valley @ over $4.00/ gallon.

What did I get for my troubles, 2 trips to Pasadena, and time lost....a single box of Remington Golden Bullet .22.

What a shame....Turner's sucks balls.

Why did you buy your 10/22 at the Pasadena store when you could have done the same at the Reseda store with less effort?:facepalm:

stitchnicklas
03-03-2012, 9:44 PM
As far as I'm concerned, one sales rep should help one person until they're done; especially if they're in the process of buying/picking up/transferring a gun. There is NO excuse for walking away and helping someone else while you are ACTIVELY working with another.

It's bad service and just plain rude. And, it KEEPS happening to me at the Corona store.

I don't mind waiting my turn; what I do mind is that after I've WAITED, being treated like I'm not important.

yes the corona store does suck....

manager was rude as hell to me because the ppt gun i was selling was behind the counter and the buyer wanted to see it since he arrived 5 mins after me.the a**hat manager told me to wait.:eek:.!!!! for my own gun..
he later said sorry i9 though you were trying to sell to someone else other then your pre-set buyer:confused:...totally lost my business from now on....

monkeylice
03-03-2012, 10:14 PM

Ahhh, I've never been to the Corona store... Maybe there are some of the stores that just suck. I guess I shouldn't blanketly defend the company based on the good experiences I've had at a few stores, but I don't think people should blanketly hate the whole company for their bad experiences, either.

gschoelles
03-04-2012, 7:07 AM
I found that Turners stores are managed very differently and that the BAD ONES like San Bernardino and Signal Hill never change.

I never go there to do any regular business for that reason, but can't help but go there to save a few bucks on a deal.

Fjold
03-04-2012, 7:28 AM
She took my ID and my coupon, I told her I wanted two of them. She got the process started and then started helping someone else. Then when she was done with them, she handed me the paperwork to sign, and I was done. No one got screwed over, no one had to wait any longer, she just multitasked. I knew exactly what I wanted and it took maybe 5 minutes of her time to get it done, while she was helping other customers at the same time. This isn't discourtesy, it's EFFICIENCY.

People around here seem to want to hate Turner's. They have one or two experiences that they consider bad, and anything that happens there which inconveniences them the slightest bit is taken as a personal affront. What the workers at Turner's do is a time-consuming process, and they're working with a system that is antiquated and can't just be instantly upgraded because we want it to be. Sometimes you just have to wait! Not receiving instant gratification doesn't meant that Turner's has a policy of offending customers.

Shouldn't she have multi-tasked with the next person in line? Maybe they knew exaclty what they wanted and it also could have been handled quickly. We'll never know since she screwed that customer and helped you.

notme92069
03-04-2012, 7:33 AM

Repeat customers that actually spend money always get priority in any business.

r3dn3ck
03-04-2012, 8:18 AM

so stop going there. Why don't all of you stop going there. They suck, all we ever see is how much this is the case. STOP GIVING THEM MONEY. When they're out of business, we'll have on average much better gun shops to deal with. If you have to drive 90 miles to do business at a good shop, do it.

JNunez23
03-04-2012, 8:34 AM
Why did you buy your 10/22 at the Pasadena store when you could have done the same at the Reseda store with less effort?:facepalm:

Oh Really, why didn't I think of that?? Thank's Einstein!

Rhythm of Life
03-04-2012, 8:39 AM
Repeat customers that actually spend money always get priority in any business.

Because you can always tell the others in line are broke and pieces of trash not worthy of time since you don't know them right?

Boy you sure were raised to judge a book by its cover.

Reminds me of a salesman I know who took a client everyone turned away for his ragged hair and clothes. They just told a man worth 25 million to **** off, guess who got the commission for selling his 15 million dollar home in Sherwood? Not those who judged the man they did not know..... But then again we are talking a top 50 employee in the nation.... no a Turners employee that was able to escape from Little Caesers.

LBDamned
03-04-2012, 8:47 AM
the majority of my guns have been FFL transfers (not through Turners) and several of them took longer to arrive than expected - it's just part of the shipping process...

I've only bought three guns from Turners over the years, but they were all in stock so it was non-issue (and 2 of the 3 were just "to have" guns so I wasnt in a hurry)... I buy lots of accessories, ammo, etc from Turners and for the past 6+ months have had real good customer service (the cashier at SH is good and all the folks at Nor are very good).

It does suck that OP made plans to go to range and didn't get gun as expected - It makes sense that Turners should have notified him of delay. I can't say for sure, but I'm inclined to think Norwalk would have (they have contacted me for far less hyper-sensitive issues)... I shop at Signal Hill occasionally, but when it's for optics or knives (behind the gun counter), I experience the "ignore" issue too... some of the gun counter guys there could use training in customer service.

Chrushev
03-05-2012, 9:20 AM
Thanks for your replies guys, looks like this is not uncommon. I guess I am going to cross my fingers and hope that it "makes the truck" on Wednesday... and I hope they compensate me somehow, a box of ammo or credit towards next gun purchase or something.. but im not holding my breath on that one :(

notme92069
03-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Because you can always tell the others in line are broke and pieces of trash not worthy of time since you don't know them right?

Reminds me of a salesman I know who took a client everyone turned away for his ragged hair and clothes. They just told a man worth 25 million to **** off, guess who got the commission for selling his 15 million dollar home in Sherwood? Not those who judged the man they did not know..... But then again we are talking a top 50 employee in the nation.... no a Turners employee that was able to escape from Little Caesers.

You don't know anything about me. No need to make this personal.

You don't make a extra effort to please repeat customers?

xoutxkastx
03-05-2012, 10:28 AM
I've learned to contact turners prior to make sure that they have my rifle/pistol in. I also ask ahead of time how many people waiting to gauge when I should go pick up the item. When the same thing that happened to the OP happened to me. Turner's gave me a free box of ammo. Yeah the wait sucks but when they call your number I get nothing but good customer service. GL to the OP and hope everything works out.

Rhythm of Life
03-05-2012, 10:38 AM
You don't know anything about me. No need to make this personal.

You don't make a extra effort to please repeat customers?

I do, but in doing so I will not alienate new customers and make them feel like second class citizens in comparison to VIP Joe Blow.

I might have a customer that spends $20 a day but my new customer could be spending $2000 a month. To ignore him to pay attention to my $20 a day regular is absurd and poor business practice.

No one should get preferential treatment. If you feel entitled to it fine, but you did not earn it.

pegasus
03-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Seems like turners needs to go to a commission type pay for their employees. Maybe that would give them more incentive to help you and to follow up on the sale. My 2 cents

Akers
03-05-2012, 10:45 AM

This is funny. I have had by far the worst customer service from Turner's. I walk and am ignored...granted I am heavily tattooed and rather young...the key point is I had made a million dollars by the time I was 30...their loss...

Rhythm of Life
03-05-2012, 10:50 AM
This is funny. I have had by far the worst customer service from Turner's. I walk and am ignored...granted I am heavily tattooed and rather young...the key point is I had made a million dollars by the time I was 30...their loss. I now spend my money!@ Parallax.

Proof positive.

notme92069
03-05-2012, 11:28 AM
I do, but in doing so I will not alienate new customers and make them feel like second class citizens in comparison to VIP Joe Blow.

I might have a customer that spends $20 a day but my new customer could be spending $2000 a month. To ignore him to pay attention to my $20 a day regular is absurd and poor business practice.

No one should get preferential treatment. If you feel entitled to it fine, but you did not earn it.

I NEVER advocated treating anyone like a second class citizen or ignore anyone. It's a delicate balancing act. It requires that you know your repeat customers. You need to know which ones will take their time and which ones will tell you want they want quickly to get out of the store.

When did I say I'm entitled to preferential treatment? Once again, you don't know anything about me. Do not make this personal.

xoutxkastx
03-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Seems like turners needs to go to a commission type pay for their employees. Maybe that would give them more incentive to help you and to follow up on the sale. My 2 cents

I think they might be already. Anytime I purchase from the hunting dept., the cashier always ask me who was the sales rep that assisted me. My home store is the one in reseda and I don't see any preferential treatment. Just the normal wait times, which seems to be normal to any LGS that has a decent inventory. Sales in ammo and firearms are up and they only have so many people their. Just have to be proactive about checking your purchase to prevent what the OP experienced.

Mister.E
03-05-2012, 1:55 PM
I think they might be already. Anytime I purchase from the hunting dept., the cashier always ask me who was the sales rep that assisted me. My home store is the one in reseda and I don't see any preferential treatment. Just the normal wait times, which seems to be normal to any LGS that has a decent inventory. Sales in ammo and firearms are up and they only have so many people their. Just have to be proactive about checking your purchase to prevent what the OP experienced.

Iíve asked one of their salesmen if they were on commission, told me they werenít. I think it would be a nice incentive for them and would improve customer service. But on the other end I see potential for deceptive practices, up-selling, etc.

Chrushev
03-05-2012, 2:11 PM
How about instead of commission force them to give a survey with every sale that has pre paid postage that you can send to corporate?

rspar
03-05-2012, 2:27 PM
Never had a problem at the South Bay Turners. Well except for the ridiculous parking lot.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-05-2012, 2:41 PM
I am reposting this in this forum as recommended by the folks in the General chat. They said I should repost it here. Here is the story:

Really? Has this happened to anyone else? What if it misses the truck next week too? And week after that? How is this acceptable that my firearms, that is registered to me, with a serial number (aka, noone else can take it)... is no where to be found?

I now have to wait until Wednesday and hope that it makes it next time? They only get trucks on Wednesdays... so extra 5 days for me... what a bunch of bull :/

Had to cancel my trip to the range tomorrow.

This was at Turner's in Signal Hill (southern cali).

pretty upset right now that I have to wait 15 days instead of the standard 10

PS - I hope they buy me a box or 2 of ammo or give me store credit towards another gun purchase, otherwise this will be the last time I deal with them. This is unacceptable.

Agreed- it is not acceptable.

It looks like a firearm was allocated to your order and then was not matched up to it for some reason. As we are transitioning a few stores at a time from the old system, it appears that there are some issues occurring- some are failures in execution at staff level while others appear to be the residual effects of a software issue that was just addressed.

And yes, the store should have contacted you that there was an issue- prior to you making the drive.

PM sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-05-2012, 2:49 PM
As I posted in the other thread, I am having the exact same issue.
Even the timing is the same. I know they are having issues getting serial numbers from the warehouse, in my case that was on a Sat, went back on Monday and supposedly got a serial number to start the DROS, went back in ten days for the pick up...and no rifle to pick up.
One of the black shirts did the DROS, so I thought I was good to go(silly me).
Now I have to make another trip this coming Wed. and see if it comes in.
I hope I get a gift card!(wishful thinking)

PM Sent.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-05-2012, 2:55 PM

We agree; our warehouse sends a report showing if there is any change in matching up an allocated gun to an order allowing the store to notify a customer in advance of pick up.

winnre
03-05-2012, 3:02 PM
I had to wait an extra day for two lowers to come in and come back again. A phone call would have been nice.

Chrushev
03-05-2012, 4:16 PM
Turner's I replied to your PM... forgot to add to it though..

Is it possible to have them call me when they receive the gun?

romeo26
03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
I like my turners in orange. Always helpful for my bro inlaw and I. We do wait for Fred though, as he was the one who helped me when I bought my first gun.

maxwellca21
03-05-2012, 11:37 PM
So much bitcching and whining over nothing. Always want something free at the end.

Chrushev
03-06-2012, 9:11 AM
So much bitcching and whining over nothing. Always want something free at the end.

Thanks for your useful comment. Are you this useful to your family and friends too?

I dont even have to read what you said, your signature states plainly that you are a douche.

gr8dragon88
03-06-2012, 10:38 AM
This is funny. I have had by far the worst customer service from Turner's. I walk and am ignored...granted I am heavily tattooed and rather young...the key point is I had made a million dollars by the time I was 30...their loss...

would I shop at Turner's if I've millions in the bank? Nope! :)

Turner's know who shops at their stores with all of the information they collected from their customers.

Would everyone here shop at Turner's if they give better service at a higher price? Or do we want Nordstrom service at Walmart prices?

I've done business at 10 of their 14 stores and have not found a perfect store yet. Some are better than others, mostly because of the people who work there. There are certainly things they can do to better inform customers/potential customers about firearms laws, process, etc.. with the increased demands in firearms sale and new buyers.

BTW - anyone want to guess which firearms dealer in CA sells the most firearms?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/customer

Chrushev
03-09-2012, 8:28 AM
Update to the story:

I finally was able to pick up my gun last night (extra 6 days later). But whoever did the paperwork or whatever the process was, messed u the serial numbers... the number on my DROS was ######6, and the one I ended up getting was ######7. So they have to ammend the paperwork and go through that mess which took extra time.

For my trouble Turners gave me a box of 22LR ammo, and a sale deal on the Beretta 92FS. Which did make me happy... however.. when I got home and took the gun out of the case and inspected everything I realized that the box has the wrong lock. Its not a pistol lock but a rifle lock, so the "ropey" part is way short... so it looks like im making another trip to Turners to tell them that they gave me the wrong lock... hopefully they will exchange it.

After I pick up the Beretta I am never going to that particular (Signal Hill) branch ever again... I hear decent things about Fountain Valley branch, so I am going to try there in the future.

Us3rName
03-09-2012, 8:37 AM
Fountain Valley isn't bad. But they do have their off days and can be just like signal hill... Rusty is great there.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-09-2012, 8:43 AM
Update to the story:

.. when I got home and took the gun out of the case and inspected everything I realized that the box has the wrong lock. Its not a pistol lock but a rifle lock, so the "ropey" part is way short...

We don't add the lock; it what's Beretta ships and it should allow the user to run the cable into the empty mag well and out through the open (slide locked back) action. If Beretta made a mistake, it's not likely they did it on one gun.

But let's make sure it is actually the wrong lock.

BTW, that 500 round brick of ammo should give your gun a serious workout!

LBDamned
03-09-2012, 9:21 AM
We don't add the lock; it what's Beretta ships and it should allow the user to run the cable into the empty mag well and out through the open (slide locked back) action. If Beretta made a mistake, it's not likely they did it on one gun.

HOlly CRAP!!!! 500 rounds! :eek: that's a bit more than a "box"!!!!

BTW, OP - I received (what's seems to be) a similar lock from Beretta (with a PX4), but it just gets tossed in a drawer anyway, so I dont sweat it...

try Norwalk next time, it's about the same distance from SH as FV would be (just north instead of south)... they have very good customer service and I'd be very shocked if you werent pleased with them (I'm not surprised about SH though).

Chrushev
03-09-2012, 10:13 AM

The gun I picked up is the GSG 1911 (22LR), the lock is specifically for a Savage Arms rifle, see the picture i took HERE (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Duxa/GSGwrongLock.jpg)

HOlly CRAP!!!! 500 rounds! :eek: that's a bit more than a "box"!!!!

BTW, OP - I received (what's seems to be) a similar lock from Beretta (with a PX4), but it just gets tossed in a drawer anyway, so I dont sweat it...

try Norwalk next time, it's about the same distance from SH as FV would be (just north instead of south)... they have very good customer service and I'd be very shocked if you werent pleased with them (I'm not surprised about SH though).

Its a 22LR GSG 1911, not a Beretta :) so the 500 rounds is a box (about 20$ worth).

http://www.selwayarmory.com/images/products/detail/Federal_22cal_550_rounds_36_grain__98783_zoom.jpg

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-09-2012, 11:45 AM
The gun I picked up is the GSG 1911 (22LR), the lock is specifically for a Savage Arms rifle...

Sorry for mixing up the GSG with the Beretta. The lock in the GSG is CA-Approved and like a lot of locks it can be used on rifles or pistols. If you are going to use it for your GSG, it can be run through the empty mag well, and out through the open slide.

That said it looks like ATI/GSG bought these from the folks who provide the OEM lock for Savage, but they didn't bother to get new literature specific for their gun so we understand why it looks so wrong.

If you want, though make contact with Mike or Glen at Signal Hill and we can swap it out for one of the similar cable locks that we sell.

Chrushev
03-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Sorry for mixing up the GSG with the Beretta. The lock in the GSG is CA-Approved and like a lot of locks it can be used on rifles or pistols. If you are going to use it for your GSG, it can be run through the empty mag well, and out through the open slide.

That said it looks like ATI/GSG bought these from the folks who provide the OEM lock for Savage, but they didn't bother to get new literature specific for their gun so we understand why it looks so wrong.

If you want, though make contact with Mike or Glen at Signal Hill and we can swap it out for one of the similar cable locks that we sell.

Hey Bill, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Basically I dont really care about the documentation, the problem is that the cable is not long enough to loop around the gun through the empty magazine well

See picture below:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Duxa/GSGwrongLock2.jpg

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Yep, a picture is worth a thousand words ...!

Okay, absolutely contact Mike, Scott or Glen and we'll swap that out for another lock ... And we'll hit our ATI/GSG rep for replacement locks.

Thanks again for letting us know!

LikeAllGuns
03-09-2012, 1:50 PM
:popcorn:

Chrushev
03-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Just to update everyone, I went to Turners today, they exchanged the cable lock for one of their own without questions asked.

winnre
03-10-2012, 1:44 AM
Maybe the lock was meant to go down the barrel?

Chrushev
03-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Maybe the lock was meant to go down the barrel?

Nope Barrel is 5 inches so the lock needs to be at least 11, plus its too thick for the barrel. Its a 22LR caliber.

VCMike
03-12-2012, 9:51 AM
I went to a place that valued my business; The Shootist. They handled my purchase from beginning to end without "multitasking". They treated me like I was valuable. Not just another person they have to "deal with".

Seriously, I'm done with Turner's... They need to shape up, in a big way to get my business back.

I have been to the Shootist to buy, they have long lines and can make you feel about an inch tall if you ask a question that they think is dumb, it seems pretty common place in gun stores that if you are not a frequent customer or a buddy they can at times act like they don't give a darn if you are there or not.

My experience with the Turners Store in San Marcos has been excelent, always helpful and are patient with my questions. (We must remember if we want them to be patient with our stupid questions then we must be patient while the other customers ask their stupid questions) anyways like I have said before, Turners San Marcos gets about 80-90% of my gun purchase business and I enjoy just stopping buy and looking. Although if I am just looking I do not bother the sales guys if there are real customers to wait on.

lpadilla38
03-12-2012, 5:02 PM
Ever time I go to Turners I've had a bad experance. You wait forever while they take there time with everyone. They act like they know it all you don't know what you are talking about.I had to wait 3 weeks for a clip to come down from a different store which was only 20 miles away.

bill_k_lopez
03-12-2012, 7:15 PM
Everytime (and I mean EVERYTIME) I go into Turners, there are a dozen people standing at the counter. At least half of which are buying or picking up guns - the amount of guns being sold right now is astronomical - I think the Turners guy mentioned that this is the third month in a row that gun sales have exceeded sales from last year during the same time period. With that being the case, its going to take time to process everyone standing in line.

It also means that you probably aren't going to get a personal phone call from an employee to tell you that your specific gun didn't make shipment in order for you to pick up on your 10th day. (Somehow) I'm sure they told you your gun was being ordered and that you should call to make sure it came in BEFORE you showed up to pick it up. I've been told this for every gun I've ever ordered, from every place I buy from This was your fault for not calling ahead - you can't blame the store for this.

I'm fairly happy with Turners. I think they still have some work to do (like their computer system), but I think they have made big changes since a year or two ago, and have aggressively worked to address many if not all of the complaints made here on Calguns. Name one other store that has done that for you recently?

Jeepergeo
03-13-2012, 8:43 AM
Loyalty works both ways between Merchants and Customers.:oji:

Turners has a few pinned posts at the top of their forum here on Cal Guns that explain the situation.

It appears that the computer change over has caused considerable disruption in their inventory management.:facepalm: That is the situation that has caused us to show up to find the item of our desire not in the store on pick up day.

The guys at the stores are, IMHO, doing their best to deal with the situation, so taking out your frustration on them will not do any good.

I'm not happy about this situation either, but I believe Turners will make good on this in the end. Historically, Turners has been a good place to buy and will get through this soon. Loyalty works both ways...Turners needs their customers' loyalty now...and they have mine.:oji:

shooperman
03-13-2012, 8:50 AM
I'm actually going today to the in San Diego to pick up my 870. I really hope this doesn't happen to me. If it does I'm gonna be pissed.

Jeepergeo
03-13-2012, 9:02 AM
I'm actually going today to the in San Diego to pick up my 870. I really hope this doesn't happen to me. If it does I'm gonna be pissed.

If its much of a drive, call ahead.

Rockerchick
03-13-2012, 10:27 AM

I was GOING to buy my M&P 9c at Turners a few days ago, but after being ignored for 2 hours, I went to a place that valued my business; The Shootist. They handled my purchase from beginning to end without "multitasking". They treated me like I was valuable. Not just another person they have to "deal with".

Everyone knows that they're steadily busy in stores and you get mad if they want to multi-task. Yes, you spend the money and want your attention but really do you need that much attention that they cannot answer a question another customer may have or pick up the phone and do a quick stock check? If people multi-tasked more, the wait in store may not be so long. Efficiency may increase and cut waiting times in half if done properly. People need to realize that transactions in any gun store will take a while since there's a ton of paperwork.

Rockerchick
03-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Loyalty works both ways between Merchants and Customers.:oji:

Turners has a few pinned posts at the top of their forum here on Cal Guns that explain the situation.

It appears that the computer change over has caused considerable disruption in their inventory management.:facepalm: That is the situation that has caused us to show up to find the item of our desire not in the store on pick up day.

The guys at the stores are, IMHO, doing their best to deal with the situation, so taking out your frustration on them will not do any good.

I'm not happy about this situation either, but I believe Turners will make good on this in the end. Historically, Turners has been a good place to buy and will get through this soon. Loyalty works both ways...Turners needs their customers' loyalty now...and they have mine.:oji:

You sound like a reasonable person. Why can't people understand that the long waits and paperwork are something that they have no control over? I believe they're doing what they can with what they have and once all the upgrades and changes are done it will get better. Maybe they need more staff and continuous training is necessary to have knowledgeable employees. Not every employee is great but for the most part they're good.

hambsc
03-21-2012, 4:51 PM
These are some amazing horror stories, let me tell you mine!

When I was a new shooter, i went to the old Torrance location to get my HSC, and when I walked in the front door, I saw two young male employees behind the gun counter WAVING GUNS AROUND THE STORE!

I walked right out and didn't return for a year until they built the new location. I haven't seen those two young employees since, but I hope they never, ever, ever help me with a sale.