PDA

View Full Version : Saiga 12 conversion ?

wo1
03-03-2012, 8:15 AM
Sorry if this question has been post previously. In converting my Saiga 12 when I install the bullet button (fixed mag) does that make it CA legal to have the pistol grip, collapsable stock and foregrip? Thanks

biscuitbarrel
03-03-2012, 8:22 AM
Check here:
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/sgflowchart.pdf

sffred
03-03-2012, 8:25 AM
You cannot have a adjustable/folding stock for a pistol grip AK-S12 in CA, must be fixed. (I believe if u do they claim the weapon as an AW)

wo1
03-03-2012, 8:29 AM
Thanks biscuit barrel, so looks like as long as I have the bullet button, the stock is pinned or fixed I'm ok with the pistol grip. Thanks

vintagedude88
03-03-2012, 7:54 PM
You can't have a Saiga 12 in any configuration without a mag lock period! Converted or not converted it must always have a mag lock.

If you convert, you can have the PG but you can't have any folding or telescoping stock. Really to avoid any troubles, just get a fixed stock and you're GTG.

BTW this is the rifle forum. This belongs in the shotgun forum. Be aware that CA laws for semi-auto shotguns are NOT the same as semi-auto rifles. Don't get the two mixed up.

Quiet
03-03-2012, 9:42 PM
BTW this is the rifle forum. This belongs in the shotgun forum. Be aware that CA laws for semi-auto shotguns are NOT the same as semi-auto rifles. Don't get the two mixed up.

What he said.

The laws pertaining to rifles, shotguns and handguns are different.
What may be legal for a rifle, may not be legal for a shotgun or handgun and vice-versa.

wo1
03-04-2012, 7:01 AM
Thanks for the info guys and sorry misplacing this post. :)