PDA

View Full Version : Centermass Tactical Lower Receiver Review (Calguns based lowers)

tenpercentfirearms
04-07-2007, 12:08 PM
The Centermass Tactical lowers that the Calguns engraved lowers are going to be based on showed up yesterday. As far as the lines and finish, they look pretty good. Their choice of letters and engraving aren't that exciting, but that is OK, because ours will be exciting. We are mainly just evaluating what kind of receiver it is.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/elrojo14/cmass2.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/elrojo14/cmass1.jpg

Now the big question is how does it build? I build one up for my partner and it went together no problem using a Stag LPK. Everything fit perfectly and the Bullet Button installed with zero problems.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/elrojo14/cmass4.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/elrojo14/cmass3.jpg

I am going to try and find some time today to shoot this thing, but I have taxes and a bunch of other chores to do so we will see.

Now I ordered 4 of these things like this just so I could keep two and try them out and so I could send two off to someone who wants to build them and shoot them so we will know what they are like. e-mail me if you are interested in getting these remaining two pretty cheap as long as you agree to build them up and test them out and report the results. I don't care if you are a dealer or non-dealer, but dealers would obviously be better since we won't have to wait 15 days to get the results. guns@tenpercentfirearms.com

Q
04-07-2007, 12:13 PM
looks like a stag or grizzley but with the selector bumps milled like the original colts.
what is news on the final design for the calguns markings?

tenpercentfirearms
04-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Final design pictures should be in soon. They should be:

(California bear with star)
"Calguns"

"Model: CA-15"
"Multi"
"SB23-0001"

HK Selector markins safe and fire (no auto)

Man I sure hope this thing doesn't look cheesy. I am putting a good chunk of coin into this. The tension mounts!

Technical Ted
04-07-2007, 12:27 PM
I was wondering what happened to Tactical Customs out of Carson City. In mid-2005 they were working on a fixed mag lower that would be reloaded externally without breaking open the receivers. Apparently there would be an external port that rounds would be inserted through.

When I spoke to one of their smiths (Mike) at the September 2005 Cow Palace show, he mentioned they were finalizing the magazine design with the engineer and it would be approximately 8 weeks to market.

Before that happened, AM gave the approval for OLLs and before the Tactical Customs fixed mag, externally loaded lowers came out, Wes was driving up to San Jose.

xenophobe
04-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Man I sure hope this thing doesn't look cheesy. I am putting a good chunk of coin into this. The tension mounts!

Well, it looks pantographed, so it would look as nice as the graphics supplied are designed to look good with a consistent line thickness. It won't look as nice as a stamp or rollprint.

luvtolean
04-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Sweet, I am getting ready for a build this would be fun for.

Any idea on price yet?

tenpercentfirearms
04-09-2007, 11:54 AM
They will probably be $200 total, complete, shipped for 1, $190 each for two, and $180 each for 3+. Again that includes tax and shipping. The lowers are of excellent quality and the one I put together this weekend was great. Also $10 of every purchase goes straight to the maintenance of calguns.

megavolt121
04-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Wes, Could you provide a photo of the lowers placed next to Doublestar, Stag, Lar, SA, etc so we can get an idea of what the finish on this one looks like? I only ask becuase I have SA lowers that look dull compared to a DS, Stag, etc.

PanzerAce
04-09-2007, 12:25 PM
damn, I really am going to have to get one now :D

luvtolean
04-09-2007, 2:20 PM
Wes, Could you provide a photo of the lowers placed next to Doublestar, Stag, Lar, SA, etc so we can get an idea of what the finish on this one looks like? I only ask becuase I have SA lowers that look dull compared to a DS, Stag, etc.

Shake up a bottle of CLP and slather it all over the lower, putting it away in the safe wet for a few days. Done once or twice, it will probably match the finish of other lowers.

Sydwaiz
04-09-2007, 2:47 PM
Good thing my dog house has leather seats. Looks like I'll be sleeping in my truck for a while!