PDA

View Full Version : E-mod --> "fixed" stock

theicecreamdan
03-02-2012, 5:09 PM
Now I want to go featureless. And I want to run my idea for converting my VLTOR E-mod. See if anybody can poke some big enough holes in my idea

I have removed the lever, and I think I'm going to run some wire through the roll pin hole and through the bigger holes in the stock above.

Good enough?

I can draw up some pictures later tonight if I'm not being clear.

Metal Magic
03-02-2012, 6:43 PM
Is this to meet required length or to accommodate some sort of grip?

theicecreamdan
03-02-2012, 6:58 PM
So its not "collapsible"

Metal Magic
03-03-2012, 7:27 AM
Again I am no expert on featureless builds, I will comment on the fact that if the stock need not be collapsible for legal reasons I (personally) would want something more permanent then wire.

hayaku
03-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Again I am no expert on featureless builds, I will comment on the fact that if the stock need not be collapsible for legal reasons I (personally) would want something more permanent then wire.

permanence is a loose definition as nothing really is permanent...

many have used screws to pin the levers so they can't move as intended. you can adjust to the length you like and then screw in the lever so you can't move it again. others have used roll pins through the plastic and the metal ridge of the buffer tube. i have also seen people use a simple u-bolt and nuts and captured the lever using the existing holes in the emod stock.

as long as you can't collapse the stock without tools (meaning just with your hands like the stock was originally designed), i think you are good to go, but i'm not the legal authority on this, just my opinion...