PDA

View Full Version : Win a FREE BCM AR-15 Rifle & More!

702Shooter
03-02-2012, 8:38 AM
As some of you are aware, we've been running a promotional giveaway on 702shooter.com for a Bravo Company AR-15, 1k rounds of ammo, and a 3 day carbine class with Larry Vickers.

Until today, this giveaway has not been open to CA residents but after the help some of you provided yesterday (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=542618), we are opening it up to your great State!

Details on the promotion and how to enter may be found at: http://www.702shooter.com/giveaways/free-bcm-ar15-free-ammo-free-larry-vickers-class/

Please share the link with your friends, family, and social networks.

Thank you to those who provided various pieces of information that allowed us to offer this to CA residents. :)

http://www.702shooter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/IMG_0002.jpg

HK Dave
03-02-2012, 9:11 AM
I don't get it... what's the catch?

Just register for your site, leave a comment and we're in?

Curley Red
03-02-2012, 9:37 AM
Tried to register but the system told me I had 3 more chances to try. And that I needed to hit the lost password button.

Your system thinks I am trying to log on when I am trying to register.

cwin
03-02-2012, 9:40 AM
"If you are the winner and you are not able to make it to the class, you will forfeit all prizes and a new winner will be selected."

Bummer. I already know I'm not going to be able to make it.

cwin
03-02-2012, 9:40 AM
"If you are the winner and you are not able to make it to the class, you will forfeit all prizes and a new winner will be selected."

Bummer. I already know I'm not going to be able to make it.

702Shooter
03-02-2012, 9:54 AM
I don't get it... what's the catch?

Just register for your site, leave a comment and we're in?

Sounds to me like you get it just fine. :)

Dirty Monkey
03-02-2012, 9:54 AM
I will make it no matter what. even if im bleeding to death hahaha.

702Shooter
03-02-2012, 9:56 AM
Tried to register but the system told me I had 3 more chances to try. And that I needed to hit the lost password button.

Your system thinks I am trying to log on when I am trying to register.

That's pretty strange. Never heard that issue before. :(

I'll PM you and we can manually set it up.

FIREBALL_BRIAN
03-02-2012, 7:33 PM
registered

Arkangel
03-02-2012, 7:54 PM
Registered, it seems quite a few Calgunners have thrown their name in the hat ;)

gun toting monkeyboy
03-02-2012, 8:15 PM
I am in. It was no trouble registering.

shhh
03-02-2012, 9:08 PM
Same problem as Curley Red

When I submit the form, I get an error...

help?

TNP'R
03-02-2012, 9:08 PM
Not bothering, no way I can make it to Vegas.

Javi
03-02-2012, 9:22 PM
Damn, that rifle is sick! That's kind of how I want my first build to turn out too haha.

engi
03-02-2012, 11:35 PM
entered. Thanks!

Jwind
03-03-2012, 2:52 AM
Oh, I'll find a way to Vegas :43:

sd_shooter
03-03-2012, 5:27 AM
I had trouble creating an account, it always said "Password too short" even when I tried crazy combinations.

Anyone else see this?

Thanks.

702Shooter
03-03-2012, 5:47 AM
I had trouble creating an account, it always said "Password too short" even when I tried crazy combinations.

Anyone else see this?

Thanks.

5 people have contacted me in the last year describing the same problem. Each of them was running an old version of IE. When they upgraded, that went away.

As I was typing this, I decided to try it through the IE I have installed...I get the same error about the password and the same warning as Curly Red.

Sorry guys but the only suggestions I can offer are:

1: PM me and I will help you register.
2: Upgrade your browsers and try again.

Drivedabizness
03-03-2012, 5:51 AM
I got the same "3 failed attempts" message when I tried to register...and I'm running Chrome

702Shooter
03-03-2012, 6:05 AM
I got the same "3 failed attempts" message when I tried to register...and I'm running Chrome

Interesting.

Unfortunately, I have no way to determine 100% what is causing these issues so that we can fix them. What I do know is that when hundreds of people can register without issue but a handful have problems, it's not something I'm going to put a lot of time into figuring out.

I'll see if maybe my hosting company can check some error logs and see if there are any clues there.

702Shooter
03-03-2012, 6:09 AM
As I was typing this, I decided to try it through the IE I have installed...I get the same error about the password and the same warning as Curly Red.

Actually, I was wrong here. I looked at the passwords and one was longer than the other. Obviously it was my error. I retyped both and the registration went through just fine, even though it said the password was too short.

damon1272
03-03-2012, 7:00 AM
Interesting.

Unfortunately, I have no way to determine 100% what is causing these issues so that we can fix them. What I do know is that when hundreds of people can register without issue but a handful have problems, it's not something I'm going to put a lot of time into figuring out.

I'll see if maybe my hosting company can check some error logs and see if there are any clues there.

I had the same issue then saw that I did not hit the "accept" button in the disclaimer.

XTN
03-03-2012, 7:12 AM
Registered and comment left.

Just curious but when is the drawing for the winner(s) going to take place?

702Shooter
03-03-2012, 7:56 AM
From the hosting company:

"I looked thru the server logs and don't see anything that stands out as being a cause of these problems.

Only thing I can suggest is to verify the scripts have not been modified by hackers or something, no added code that is interfering with its normal operation. I see nothing that indicates this has happened though.

I've run a repair on the database just in case.

The only other thing I can think of would be browser compatibility issues."

702Shooter
03-03-2012, 8:03 AM
Registered and comment left.

Just curious but when is the drawing for the winner(s) going to take place?

I think you skipped the step where you read about the whole thing.

"...a 3 day carbine training course October 19-21, 2012..."

"We will be selecting the winner about 3 weeks before the class in order to allow transportation arrangements to be made by the winner, in case they live out of state."

xibunkrlilkidsx
03-03-2012, 8:14 AM
wont let me register either..im using Firefox

pass word to short its 11digits long with caps and numbers? That is the only thing i see on the screen that i tihnk may not let me register..

1Fastrider
03-03-2012, 8:21 AM
No problem registering. Thanks for the new rifle. I'll be sure to post pics of me picking it up. :D

702Shooter
03-03-2012, 8:33 AM
wont let me register either..im using Firefox

pass word to short its 11digits long with caps and numbers? That is the only thing i see on the screen that i tihnk may not let me register..

Well, as much as that sucks, I've already posted that it lets you register anyway or to PM me to assist you.

Since nobody has PMed about it, I conclude that people would rather post about the problem than have me assist them with it.

I'm off to go shoot the new Springfield XDs and spend some money at the gun show.

I'll check back later.

702Shooter
03-03-2012, 8:58 AM
I've just disabled the password strength indicator. Those who have had problems, please try again and lets see if you have better luck now.

Sorry for the difficulties and thanks for your patience.

penguinofsleep
03-03-2012, 1:42 PM
thanks much for hosting a great contest and going through the extra hoops to make this available to CA residents as well!

Johnnyfres
03-03-2012, 2:31 PM
Awesome, thanks for opening this up to us.

Noah3683
03-03-2012, 2:40 PM
Vegas is only 2hrs away. :punk:

Ubermcoupe
03-03-2012, 2:51 PM
Done and Done. I hope I win! :)

Drivedabizness
03-03-2012, 3:05 PM
still no joy - doesn't say why I can't register, just gives me the "after 3 tries you will be disabled" warning.

Can't say I didn't try, 702.....

SB30
03-03-2012, 3:11 PM
I'm in!

SB30
03-03-2012, 3:11 PM
Those trying and failing to register. Try using Firefox web browser. If you are then I don't know.

702Shooter
03-03-2012, 3:47 PM
Those trying and failing to register. Try using Firefox web browser. If you are then I don't know.

Based on the feedback I'm getting here, it seems the problem is bigger than I was aware of. Not sure what's causing it but I'll take a look at a few other registration options out there. Maybe there's something new/better I can try.

Although it's a bit frustrating, I appreciate the feedback. Without it, I would have never known how many people are affected by this problem.

adrenalinejunkie
03-03-2012, 3:53 PM
Great contest thanks!

jtkkz
03-03-2012, 4:32 PM
Registered with no problem

erratikmind
03-03-2012, 5:13 PM
For those whom are experiencing difficulties while registering, do not forget to check the disclaimer box to accept.

brushfire21
03-03-2012, 5:19 PM
I'm in, no issues usining safari mobile. Sweet rifle!

702Shooter
03-04-2012, 1:32 PM
For those whom are experiencing difficulties while registering, do not forget to check the disclaimer box to accept.

Great advice. :thumbsup:

702Shooter
04-12-2012, 8:04 PM
Took a better pic of the prize package today. Wild West Guns did a nice job of cleaning up and re-parkerizing the barrel. There's a MASSIVE improvement on the trigger as well. Bunker Law Group added a Vickers Tactical Carbine 1 & 2 DVD, BCM hat, and a Blue Force Gear - Vickers Combat Sling.

http://www.702shooter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AR15Package.jpg

Freagan
04-12-2012, 9:09 PM
I think you guys are forgetting to click the box saying you have read the disclaimer

jcslone
04-12-2012, 9:16 PM
I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and I have no clue if I would be back in time to make the class in the event that I won. Given my unique situation am I SOL or is there some middle ground we could come to regarding the requirement to attend the class?

Thanks!

J.C. Slone, USMC
TF 1/7, OEF 12.1

wsmc27
04-12-2012, 9:34 PM
Idea!

I am pleased to volunteer my time to go attend class should J.C. win and not be able to participate.

Can pick up his winnings and store in safe in San Diego until his return.

Will use my own AR and ammo for class.

:)

---------------

and reading the small print, maybe not. ;)

So what’s the catch? Well, there are a couple of them. First off, obviously you need to be at least 18 years old and able to legally purchase a firearm in the United States. The package will be given away at the training class and you must be present at the class to claim the rifle and ammo. If you are entering this drawing and live out of state, after the class, the rifle will be transferred to your local FFL where you will be responsible for any transfer and background check fees. If a California resident wins this package, we will modify the rifle and deliver it according to CA State law. At present time we are looking into CT, MA, & NY State laws which currently forbid the ownership of this rifle. We hope to open this drawing up to CT, MA, & NY residents but as of right now, it is not. Once again, this class is October 19-21, 2012. We will be selecting the winner about 3 weeks before the class in order to allow transportation arrangements to be made by the winner, in case they live out of state. If you are the winner and you are not able to make it to the class, you will forfeit all prizes and a new winner will be selected.

jcslone
04-12-2012, 9:46 PM
Idea!

I am pleased to volunteer my time to go attend class should J.C. win and not be able to participate.

Can pick up his winnings and store in safe in San Diego until his return.

Will use my own AR and ammo for class.

:)

---------------

and reading the small print, maybe not. ;)

So what’s the catch? Well, there are a couple of them. First off, obviously you need to be at least 18 years old and able to legally purchase a firearm in the United States. The package will be given away at the training class and you must be present at the class to claim the rifle and ammo. If you are entering this drawing and live out of state, after the class, the rifle will be transferred to your local FFL where you will be responsible for any transfer and background check fees. If a California resident wins this package, we will modify the rifle and deliver it according to CA State law. At present time we are looking into CT, MA, & NY State laws which currently forbid the ownership of this rifle. We hope to open this drawing up to CT, MA, & NY residents but as of right now, it is not. Once again, this class is October 19-21, 2012. We will be selecting the winner about 3 weeks before the class in order to allow transportation arrangements to be made by the winner, in case they live out of state. If you are the winner and you are not able to make it to the class, you will forfeit all prizes and a new winner will be selected.
We'd have to bribe the 702 guys to let us do that lol, but its a good idea!

wsmc27
04-12-2012, 9:55 PM
:) Well, I am in now too. No probs on sign-up/log in.

Make you a deal J.C. - IF I win it you can still stop by and shoot the thing for a fun day when you're here in SoCal.

:thumbsup:

Sheperd80
04-12-2012, 10:18 PM
This is an amazing offer, and hey if i dont win atleast i was turned on to a great looking new website! Good luck to to all!

jcslone
04-12-2012, 10:35 PM
:) Well, I am in now too. No probs on sign-up/log in.

Make you a deal J.C. - IF I win it you can still stop by and shoot the thing for a fun day when you're here in SoCal.

:thumbsup:

Orrrr....If I win, I'll let you use the rifle in my place at the class and when I get back in town we'll have a range day and I'll pay the FFL transfer fee from you to me. (assuming 702 lets us do this shenanigan hehehe) :43:

Bull's_eye
04-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Just entered. Somebody is going to be extremely lucky.

AeroEngi
04-13-2012, 1:19 AM
How do we find out if we've won?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

702Shooter
04-13-2012, 5:54 AM
How do we find out if we've won?

We will notify you via smoke signal.

702Shooter
04-13-2012, 5:56 AM
I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and I have no clue if I would be back in time to make the class in the event that I won. Given my unique situation am I SOL or is there some middle ground we could come to regarding the requirement to attend the class?

Thanks!

J.C. Slone, USMC
TF 1/7, OEF 12.1

Good question. Out of fairness for all those involved, my initial answer is that you would indeed be SOL. However, I'll discuss the situation with Ben Bunker and see what his thoughts are on it.

702Shooter
04-13-2012, 6:35 AM
Good question. Out of fairness for all those involved, my initial answer is that you would indeed be SOL. However, I'll discuss the situation with Ban Bunker and see what his thoughts are on it.

Here's the official response:

"I would do whatever we can for him (or any other person serving in the military) if he wins. We could give him the prize sans class and perhaps allow him to give it to a friend or we could award it to someone else. So long as the winner is fine with that I don't think anyone would mind."

6doubleR
04-13-2012, 7:21 AM
Registered without issue using Chrome browser. :fingers crossed: for the BCM! :)

Flying Bones
04-13-2012, 7:35 AM
Rifle + Training + Ammo = One of the Best drawings I've seen.

AeroEngi
04-13-2012, 8:36 AM
We will notify you via smoke signal.

Haha...good one. I would've preferred the bat signal though.

702Shooter
04-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Haha...good one. I would've preferred the bat signal though.

The bulb on our bat signal has burned out. I've ordered a replacement but they are on back order.

How about if I put a message in a bottle and drop in in the Colorado river?

wsmc27
04-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Orrrr....If I win, I'll let you use the rifle in my place at the class and when I get back in town we'll have a range day and I'll pay the FFL transfer fee from you to me. (assuming 702 lets us do this shenanigan hehehe) :43:

DEAL! :cheers2:

"I would do whatever we can for him (or any other person serving in the military) if he wins. We could give him the prize sans class and perhaps allow him to give it to a friend or we could award it to someone else. So long as the winner is fine with that I don't think anyone would mind."

Outstanding.

IN for the win with JC (and now extending the offer to others' deployed at time of winning this awesome prize).

;)

AeroEngi
04-13-2012, 11:23 AM
The bulb on our bat signal has burned out. I've ordered a replacement but they are on back order.

How about if I put a message in a bottle and drop in in the Colorado river?

Lol works for me man.

BretByron
04-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Nice Site.:thumbsup:

702Shooter
04-13-2012, 2:49 PM
Nice Site.:thumbsup:

Danka. :)

dfxjedi
04-13-2012, 2:58 PM
Not bothering, no way I can make it to Vegas.

Same here

eville
04-13-2012, 3:05 PM
I don't know how I missed this before. I'm in! Great opportunity! Thanks.

Jungleboxx
04-13-2012, 3:30 PM
Registered, and left a comment. How awesome is that giveaway though!

Crossing my fingers for that perfect package, but if not I have a new great site bookmarked!

Thanks

EvoXRiley
04-13-2012, 3:49 PM
What date is the drawing?

coy80176
04-13-2012, 4:07 PM
Thanks...and Happy Friday the 13th!!

Cheers :cheers2:

702Shooter
04-13-2012, 4:21 PM
What date is the drawing?

From the page I've linked to:

"We will be selecting the winner about 3 weeks before the class in order to allow transportation arrangements to be made by the winner, in case they live out of state."

jcslone
04-14-2012, 9:42 PM

That's perfectly fine with me Shooter. Give Mr. Bunker my heartiest thanks and a good ol Semper Fi from the boys here in the 'Stan.

Good luck to everyone! :D

new1911
04-15-2012, 6:15 AM
thanks for opening it up to us californians! very sweet looking pkg!

VegasLaw
04-15-2012, 7:50 AM
That's perfectly fine with me Shooter. Give Mr. Bunker my heartiest thanks and a good ol Semper Fi from the boys here in the 'Stan.

Good luck to everyone! :D

No, thank YOU. Stay safe over there.

702Shooter
04-15-2012, 7:54 AM
No, thank YOU. Stay safe over there.

Are you stalking me? ;)

timmyb21
04-15-2012, 8:25 AM
I'm so in! Awesome giveaway, whoever wins will be the envy of us all!!

VegasLaw
04-15-2012, 9:41 AM
Are you stalking me? ;)

Somebody needs to keep an eye on you. :oji:

Being a SoCal native, it isn't too outrageous for me to be a member here.

For those looking for a good shot at just a slot in the class (no other goodies, sorry), register at NV shooters and opt into the thread here (http://nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=26818). You've currently got a 1 in 58 chance at winning. ;)

702Shooter
04-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Somebody needs to keep an eye on you. :oji:

Being a SoCal native, it isn't too outrageous for me to be a member here.

For those looking for a good shot at just a slot in the class (no other goodies, sorry), register at NV shooters and opt into the thread here (http://nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=26818). You've currently got a 1 in 58 chance at winning. ;)

I tried to enter but apparently I'm still banned over there.

Go figure. :p

VegasLaw
04-15-2012, 5:54 PM
I tried to enter but apparently I'm still banned over there.

Go figure. :p

:facepalm:

Serves you right.

That leaves better odds for everyone else.

760knox
04-17-2012, 6:12 PM
Just signed up! and posted, different user name BTW

jcslone
04-18-2012, 12:37 AM
hey 702, what are the specs on the trigger and barrel job Wild West did for ya'll on this rifle?

702Shooter
04-18-2012, 7:18 AM
hey 702, what are the specs on the trigger and barrel job Wild West did for ya'll on this rifle?

Specs? As in length of pull, reset, weight, etc?

Heck if I know.

I'll be at WWG in about an hour and a half. While there I will have them measure the weight and give me a more detailed answer on what was done.

702Shooter
04-18-2012, 11:28 AM
WWG AR-15 Trigger Job

Correct geometry of trigger.
Polish hammer.
Replace trigger and disconnector.
Polish and re-harden face of trigger.
Correct sear engagement for semi-auto use.
Adjust over travel.
Adjust springs as needed.

The trigger is set to 5.5lbs.

702Shooter
09-28-2012, 6:06 AM
Good morning Calguns!

There are less than 5 hours to go before we close the entries for this drawing and pick the winners. If you haven't entered yet, you have until 11:59am pst today to do so.

We've juiced up the prize package to include a Micro T-1 red dot sight compliments of Aimpoint! This brings the value of this prize to over $4,000!

We've also added a "refer a friend" option for a chance to win another spot in the LAV class. You can read all about that HERE (http://www.702shooter.com/giveaways/refer-friend/).

Somebody is going to be VERY happy this afternoon. Will it be you?

Good luck!

deviljon
09-28-2012, 6:19 AM
Wow, totally forgot about this. Thread was started almost 7 months ago lol.

702Shooter
09-28-2012, 6:24 AM
Wow, totally forgot about this. Thread was started almost 7 months ago lol.

Yep. It's been a long time coming!

Lone_Gunman
09-28-2012, 7:15 AM
Don't know how I missed this before. Just entered!

tvfreakarms
09-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Well i registered in time. I was only able to put one comment. Oh well

hose406
09-28-2012, 2:46 PM
Dammit I just missed it. Any chance I can still throw my name in the hat Mr.702? I just reigstered but noticed comments were closed )=

Edit.

I was reading too fast and thought it said 11:59pm not am. Oops. Good site anyways and tons of info. Maybe I will have better luck next time!

702Shooter
09-28-2012, 2:52 PM
Dammit I just missed it. Any chance I can still throw my name in the hat Mr.702? I just reigstered but noticed comments were closed )=

Edit.

I was reading too fast and thought it said 11:59pm not am. Oops. Good site anyways and tons of info. Maybe I will have better luck next time!

We are already planning for a bigger and better promotion in 2013. :)

Also, on the heels of this giveaway, I've just posted a review of the LW-15 lower and have 3 complete LW-15 lowers to give away. Go enter. :)