PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Munitions Blaster .223 55gr FMJ Reman. $299/1000rds+SH

WeldonHunter
03-01-2012, 10:01 PM
http://www.freedommunitions.com/product-p/b223f55r.htm

LBDamned
03-02-2012, 5:17 AM
Great prices (haven't checked shipping yet)

Have you used this reload yet?

I think I'll get some and see how it shoots... thanks for sharing

WeldonHunter
03-02-2012, 6:36 AM
I have. Shot some last weekend. It was flawless and accurate.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/Mike_Kolo/CIMG0923.jpg

Shot it out of the AR at the bottom.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/Mike_Kolo/Shoots/2-25-12/CIMG0948.jpg

This is at 50 yards open sights rapid fire.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/Mike_Kolo/Shoots/2-25-12/CIMG0973.jpg

WeldonHunter
03-02-2012, 6:16 PM
Chet-1 code is expired

w55
03-02-2012, 7:03 PM
For 750 rounds fedx shipping was 13 bucks, Chet-1 took 6 bucks of order. Thanks!

LBDamned
03-02-2012, 7:04 PM
this thread just got bookmarked to my Ammo file - thank you WeldonHunter!:)

I wasn't able to determine shipping without proceeding with order... I hope it's not a deal killer.

I dont really have room for more ammo right now, but I will in a few weeks after range trip with 4 friends (that will eat up a bunch of ammo)... hope the pricing is consistent, 'cause I definitely plan to buy some!

FourLoko
03-02-2012, 7:18 PM
I'm glad I saw this thread. Cancelled my order with PSA. Definitely going to try out Freedom Munitions, new stuff though, not reman. Great prices.

WeldonHunter
03-02-2012, 7:22 PM

I wasn't able to determine shipping without proceeding with order... I hope it's not a deal killer.

I dont really have room for more ammo right now, but I will in a few weeks after range trip with 4 friends (that will eat up a bunch of ammo)... hope the pricing is consistent, 'cause I definitely plan to buy some!

It tells you shipping right at the cart. There's a dropdown box and make sure you check the different carriers. They offer both FedEx and UPS and depending on where you are one's always cheaper than the other.

ledman
03-02-2012, 8:37 PM
Does this ammo attract a magnet?

WeldonHunter
03-02-2012, 9:43 PM
Does this ammo attract a magnet?

No none of it does.

1Fastrider
03-03-2012, 9:34 AM
price went up :( I had it in my cart but didn't try to buy till just now and it's now $269

LBDamned
03-03-2012, 9:35 AM
It tells you shipping right at the cart. There's a dropdown box and make sure you check the different carriers. They offer both FedEx and UPS and depending on where you are one's always cheaper than the other.

10-4, thanks... last night I only entered the zip code and it didnt calculate - this morning I added state (with zip) and got the rates - good rates too! :)

LBDamned
03-03-2012, 9:38 AM
price went up :( I had it in my cart but didn't try to buy till just now and it's now $269

I didn't notice 'till you mentioned it... the couple batches I was looking for already went up $5 (per 500)...

I guess that answers this question :(

WeldonHunter
03-03-2012, 9:51 AM

The price for the ammo listed in this deal is actually $260 now but it did go up and I'm not sure what's up with that. I have an email in to him asking WTF? He's at a shoot in OK right now so he probably won't see the email until tonight but he'll get back to me when he sees it. I'll let you all know what he says.

Ubermcoupe
03-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Shipping to the BA: $19.22
1000rds: $260
“Chet-1” Coupon code: -$7.80
Total: $271.42

monkeylice
03-03-2012, 2:05 PM
Still not a bad price for good ammo!

glock_this
03-13-2012, 1:56 PM
its now up to 269

Chet-1 still works.

wildfxp
03-13-2012, 2:48 PM
2 price hikes in 2 weeks? I'm just gonna wait :(

in2protour
03-13-2012, 3:03 PM

Supply in Demand as they say in the oil market :(

WeldonHunter
03-13-2012, 3:07 PM
its now up to 269

Chet-1 still works.

I knew I had a post about this stuff and I looked for it but didn't see it. I started a new post with the price increase. I've changed this one. Yeah the Chet-1 code does still work and the shipping is better too. I talked to the owner over the weekend and the reason he raised the price is because this stuff is selling so fast he can't keep up with the shipping so he thought it might slow the orders down if he raised the price for a while. He hired 5 new people to process the orders but his sales have tripled and the order sizes have increased. Bottom line is he doesn't want to get into a place where he's backed up on shipping. One thing that I'm seeing is .223 is selling out everywhere. Lake City has suspended all civilian sales and PMC is indefinitely backordered. The rest of what's available has seen significant increases and I wouldn't look for the prices to come down anytime soon. As in until at least after the election and then some.

Quinc
03-13-2012, 6:45 PM
I thought the war ended, shouldn't we have a surplus of the stuff now?

monkeylice
03-13-2012, 7:13 PM
I thought the war ended, shouldn't we have a surplus of the stuff now?

Were we using .223 ammo in a war?

Quinc
03-13-2012, 8:44 PM
Were we using .223 ammo in a war?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4PLWF6kqktT3oRsoRK3tDsjjqYnqEc gizBu6xEsUa_NQL6v0GgHZxj7sp

monkeylice
03-13-2012, 8:53 PM
[EDIT] Sorry I was just failing at being funny.

Sabby
03-14-2012, 3:58 AM
his shipping cost for material went up so he has to spread that cost throughout his supplies ...over all still cheaper than most ...shoots clean & really well

wayne93117
03-14-2012, 9:36 AM
1000 rounds of .223 showing up today. Will report back! Just a side note had a challenge shipping to Oakland, but easily resolved with shipping to Berkeley. Great customer service.

exp0zure
03-14-2012, 5:31 PM
I think I’ll put in an order soon. Thanks!

hyperion.excal
03-15-2012, 2:35 AM
its showing up as 279 now

increase?

socal70xr7
03-15-2012, 6:15 AM
Supply in Demand as they say in the oil market :(

More like the closer to the election the more scare pricing to increase revenue!

in2protour
03-15-2012, 6:30 AM
More like the closer to the election the more scare pricing to increase revenue!

If the price goes any higher, than his price for reload would be about the same as PMC new. I'm just saying...

WeldonHunter
03-15-2012, 6:49 AM
its showing up as 279 now

increase?

I just followed the link I have posted at the beginning of this thread and it's still $269/1000rds. He has three different types of .223 55gr FMJ. The new stuff, the reman, and the Blaster training line of reman. These are the Blaster Training line which are the same as the regular reman. but have some cosmetic blemishes. http://www.freedommunitions.com/product-p/b223f55r.htm

kyleq
03-15-2012, 5:36 PM
Just ordered 9mm-B and 223 reman and 556(new). Thanks!

WeldonHunter
04-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Special is sold out.

bignev
04-01-2012, 4:57 PM
http://www.freedommunitions.com/product-p/b223f55r.htm

I knew it wouldn't last long. $229/1000rds was a smokin' deal. If they do it again I'll post it here. Keep an eye on their site and their facebook to see if you can catch it yourself. The owner told me he'll be doing the same type of sale for other calibers too. The deal is he puts up 100 cases of 1000rds of something and the sale goes until they are gone.

got an email from them that it was a site error..

ROTC sniper
04-01-2012, 5:08 PM
Worked for me. Got an email confirmation with the price. Bought a bunch.

WeldonHunter
04-01-2012, 5:23 PM
got an email from them that it was a site error..

Yeah I'm just finding this out too. There's a bunch of people that bought this stuff and had the sales actually go through.

WeldonHunter
04-01-2012, 7:28 PM
Notice: I just talked to Rudy one of the owners and he told me that yes it was a problem with the system....but he's going to honor the price to anyone who actually was able to buy at the price I posted. He had planned to do something like this anyway. The difference was he was going to limit the amount that could be purchased to one per customer so more people could take advantage of it. So their loss is your gain guys. Oh and he also told me that he's talked to the other owner and he's going to do this again but on purpose this time. I don't know when but he told me when he does he's going to let me know ahead of time and it's not going to be advertised. He's just going to tell me ahead of time and let me post it around. I'll be putting it up on www.gun-deals.com and I'll post it on here for you guys. Depending on what it is I'll either update one of the exsiting threads I've already got going in this forum or I'll start a new one so when you see this again it won't be a mistake.

Mike

boxcutter3005
04-02-2012, 8:27 AM
Notice: I just talked to Rudy one of the owners and he told me that yes it was a problem with the system....but he's going to honor the price to anyone who actually was able to buy at the price I posted. He had planned to do something like this anyway. The difference was he was going to limit the amount that could be purchased to one per customer so more people could take advantage of it. So their loss is your gain guys. Oh and he also told me that he's talked to the other owner and he's going to do this again but on purpose this time. I don't know when but he told me when he does he's going to let me know ahead of time and it's not going to be advertised. He's just going to tell me ahead of time and let me post it around. I'll be putting it up on www.gun-deals.com and I'll post it on here for you guys. Depending on what it is I'll either update one of the exsiting threads I've already got going in this forum or I'll start a new one so when you see this again it won't be a mistake.

Mike

Wow, that is a stand up guy, I know where my business is gonna go in the future

Hawk45
04-03-2012, 1:28 PM
What kind of brass do they use for the .223 stuff?

WeldonHunter
04-03-2012, 4:18 PM
What kind of brass do they use for the .223 stuff?

It's range brass that's a mix of just about any manufacturer you can think of. I have a bunch of it and it's Lake City, Remington, Winchester, Federal, Fiocchi...etc.

Bobby Ricigliano
04-04-2012, 6:15 AM
I posted about this company on another thread, but here is my experience with them:

Ordered online, no problems and prices w/shipping were best I could find.

2 days later the order showed shipped via email.

Approx 3-4 days later the order arrived at my.house, securely packed, no issues.

No long waits, poor communication, unanswered emails. Just an easy and quick transaction.

I will be buying more soon!

Bug Guy
04-04-2012, 8:04 PM
i ordered friday STILL has not shipped been almost a week...

WeldonHunter
04-18-2012, 7:49 PM
Back in stock.

LBDamned
04-18-2012, 8:11 PM
any new coupon codes?

WeldonHunter
04-18-2012, 8:29 PM
any new coupon codes?

Unfortunately nothing yet. Trust me as soon as there's some kind of discount I'll be posting it. Hell I'll be yelling about it. Ammo's getting to be so damn expensive we're gonna need it. I'll add they did lower the price on their reman. .45ACP http://gun-deals.com/displaydeal.php?dealid=11177 It's now $289, down from $309

orthopod
04-19-2012, 1:13 AM
Is the 9mm and. .223 still available?... I just got a new g34 and will be
Picking up an ar15 next week so a 1000 rounds of
Whatever is brass cases and cheapest in each caliber would be nice.

orthopod
04-19-2012, 1:13 AM
Sent from iPhone sorry for typos

Sabby
04-19-2012, 5:18 AM
from freedom facebook page yesterday

45 Auto 230gr FMJ, 223 Blaster (PSP & FMJ), and 9mm 147 gr FMJ Are now available to purchase. Get them While They Are Hot!!

beatstanfurd
04-19-2012, 6:58 AM
Unfortunately nothing yet. Trust me as soonas there's some kind of discount I'll be posting it. Hell I'll be yelling about it. Ammo's getting to be so damn expensive we're gonna need it. I'll add they did lower the price on their reman. .45ACP http://gun-deals.com/displaydeal.php?dealid=11177 It's now $289, down from $309

5.56 M855 is going up though :(

WeldonHunter
04-19-2012, 9:21 AM
Is the 9mm and. .223 still available?... I just got a new g34 and will be
Picking up an ar15 next week so a 1000 rounds of
Whatever is brass cases and cheapest in each caliber would be nice.

Yes they have both in the Blaster line. http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/1912.htm

FourLoko
04-23-2012, 9:30 PM
Anyone order recently? I placed an order on 4-14 and it's still processing.

beatstanfurd
04-23-2012, 9:42 PM
my most recent order was on 4/3. it shipped 4/6.

LBDamned
04-24-2012, 1:25 PM
Anyone order recently? I placed an order on 4-14 and it's still processing.

I ordered Sat 4/21, got a confirmation email and they charged my card... nothing other than that :rolleyes:

I hate when vendors charge before product is ready to ship... IMO by the time I'm charged, the order should be processed/shipped within a day (two max)... if it takes longer, dont charge me until it's ready.

FourLoko
04-24-2012, 9:42 PM
My email asking for an update was sent over 15 hours ago and has been ignored thus far. I expected a delay but not over a week.

t0kie
04-24-2012, 10:02 PM
This is the second time I bought from them. The 1st was .45ACP and it was quick. This time: placed the order on 4/16 but until today still not ship yet, but I'm not worried.

helpme
04-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Everyone complaining about Freedom Munitions' response/shipping times in this thread really needs to take it down a notch.

Freedom Munitions is a smaller company that is in the process of opening a store front while simultaneously shipping massive amounts of reloads through online ordering.

Every order I have placed through Freedom Munitions has arrived in a timely manner, and their customer service was more than sufficient in my experience.

If you want immediate responses to your 5th grade level inquiries, most likely similar to: "where's my ammo, I ordered it 3 hours ago", then order from Cabelas or some other large scale commercial online retailer and pay the PREMIUM that comes with that type of service.

On the other hand, if you want a good deal on 5.56 reloads that could legitimately pass as brand new in my experience, keep your panties on and take into consideration that you're dealing with an expanding small business which may be experiencing some slight "growing pains".

I'd write a bit more but I'm really not in the mood to get banned tonight.:rolleyes:

CaptBuzz
04-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Freedom has been good to me minus the price hikes every other week. I'm pretty sure they're still in the process of balancing out price vs production rate.

LBDamned
04-25-2012, 6:00 AM
@helpme, I don't know what drug you are on that makes you think that tirade is acceptable or in any manner constructive or helpful... and trust me, you aren't doing freedom munitions any favors with that garbage.

In your own words every order you've placed was received in a timely manner... guess what genius, many people have not - so what relevance are your orders if you haven't had the same problems?

Every mention of delayed response is completely warranted - especially with so many reports of timely shipping.... put your thinking cap on and realize that when YOU get your order processed and others don't, there might be an issue (or are we expected to accept you as special and everyone else must wait and wonder about their order?)

Here's a suggestion - instead of telling people how to respond with their concerns, how about you offer a mature solution instead of an arrogant adolescent tirade.

FourLoko
04-25-2012, 6:55 AM
I don't mind a little delay, I just like to know what's happening. "Processing" for a week plus is not very informative. Got a response to my email this morning though telling me it will ship out today. That's shipping on the 8th business day.

Wideners is now quoting 10 - 12 days so FM isn't terribly unreasonable.

::edit::

Shipped less than two hours after their reply to my inquiry. Perhaps the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

deviljon
04-25-2012, 11:24 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I found another site that is selling reloaded .223 for $279 + SH. Came out to around $306 shipped for me here in SoCal. $10 bucks cheaper than Freedom Munitions for me after shipping.

http://www.3gunammo.com/223-Rem-55-gr-FMJ-Reman-Ammo.html

It's more than I would like to pay for reloaded .223 but with prices what they're at now, we don't have much choice. Don't know anything about the seller either.

LBDamned
04-25-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I found another site that is selling reloaded .223 for $279 + SH. Came out to around $306 shipped for me here in SoCal. $10 bucks cheaper than Freedom Munitions for me after shipping.

It's more than I would like to pay for reloaded .223 but with prices what they're at now, we don't have much choice. Don't know anything about the seller either.

choices are good - thanks for the heads-up

WeldonHunter
04-25-2012, 4:41 PM

I talked to them yesterday. They're a new start up and the ammo is Freedom Munitions. I'm not sure if it's Blaster or just the regular reman., I didn't ask, but even if it is it's cheaper than either.

orthopod
04-25-2012, 10:59 PM
So it's the same exact stuff for
10 bucks cheaper?

WeldonHunter
04-26-2012, 10:57 AM
So it's the same exact stuff for
10 bucks cheaper?

Yes. The base price is actually $20 cheaper if it's Blaster because they're getting $299/1000rds for the Blaster and $305/1000rds for their regular reman.

absc280
04-26-2012, 9:07 PM
Any new discount coupons for website orders?

WeldonHunter
04-26-2012, 9:40 PM
Any new discount coupons for website orders?

Nothing at the moment.

t0kie
04-27-2012, 8:39 AM
This is the second time I bought from them. The 1st was .45ACP and it was quick. This time: placed the order on 4/16 but until today still not ship yet, but I'm not worried.

Update: I should receive them today (FedEx Ground).

LBDamned
04-27-2012, 8:51 AM
Update: I should receive them today (FedEx Ground).

When did you order and when did it ship?

LBDamned
04-27-2012, 5:54 PM
Update:

Received order today... this was .45 X 500 rds (reman)... 5 calendar days to receive (nice!) 10 X 50 rd boxes, as opposed to loose rounds (nice!)... I didnt examine each cartridge, but I did open each box to give quick visual of each primer and pull a couple rounds randomly to inspect (no issues, concerns - nice!).

I shoot lots of LAX reloads (and quite a bit of Ammo Bros, but I dont know where they get theirs), and there is no (visual difference) with the FM... and at $14 cheaper from LAX (out the door) - it is a great value!

The only negatives are - no auto/email response to order other than order received... I understand this is a start-up and they dont sit behind a computer to notify each step... hopefully they will become automated to the point that at least shipping notification is sent when UPS label is created... I sent an email inquiry, no response... then today decided to call (real nice guy, very helpful and accommodating) told due for delivery today (nice unexpected coincidence!)

Other minor - exterior of box says "Freedom Muntions" and another label marked .45 500 rds (or something similar)... it may seem trivial (and it kinda is), but I'd rather not have it broadcasted that I am receiving ammo (several other online sources I use <will keep nameless>, send in plain, unassuming box. I'd prefer they put the "Freedom Munitions.com" sticker inside the box and I would rock it on an ammo box, gun case or something that would give exposure to others that actually would use them.

I havent shot the ammo yet, but all-in-all, I am very happy with the order - even with the couple minor concerns, I will definitely order from FM again! And I suspect as time goes on, they will streamline the order notification process... now that I realize their procedure, I know what to expect.

Thanks for the notification(s) WeldonHunter! Great new source for ammo! :)