PDA

View Full Version : New to the site, Sacramento CA

Antheia
03-01-2012, 9:23 PM
Hello,
I am a new pistol owner, well almost, still in the 10 day waiting period for pickup. I was referred to this site and I am excited to see a female forum! Nice! I wanted to join a site that can be informative and helpful in many aspects.

I have never owned a weapon until now, as a result of a recent break-in to my next door neighbors house, and the increased suspicious activity around my house.

The weapon I purchased was a Ruger KSR9. I was very undecided before selecting this weapon because there were so many options. I am somewhat familiar with weapons (M16 specifically) as a result of Army combat training. I was discharged as a result of an injury during BCT, however I did complete most of my military qualifications. I was the only female in my company to obtain a 39/40 target qualification. Yes, an expert shooter. I believe with much practice I will be able to do just as well with my new pistol.

Any tips on how to hold, and fire a pistol is great. I have already checked out several ranges in the area, and each have classes which I may pay to attend to better familiarize myself with my pistol and proper shooting techniques.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!!

engrish
03-01-2012, 9:37 PM
as another newbie from the sac area, welcome! im sure you'll find as i have lots of valuable information on here.

bikr4jc
03-01-2012, 9:43 PM
Welcome!! Congrats on the new gun!! Take a few classes it will help with all your ?? and practice Practice practice!!

den888
03-01-2012, 9:57 PM
Welcome!

xXx Sir Sik xXx
03-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Welcome

SoCal Bob
03-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Welcome to Calguns. A Ruger is a good choice, over built and made to last.

03-01-2012, 11:04 PM
The private sales forum will be your new addiction :xwing:

OniKoroshi
03-02-2012, 1:02 AM
Welcome to calguns. I would say use the Internet and research your firearm while it's in jail so you can get familiar with how to field strip it. I would suggest buying some snap caps to practice with also.

The only indoor range is the gun room in elk grove. Depending on the time you go it could be totally dead which is good IMO.

h0use
03-02-2012, 7:57 AM
welcome

OldShooter32
03-02-2012, 8:14 AM
Sac Valley has some openings in their 'first shots' class this Saturday. Well worth it! Copy of email:
"We have a few cancellations for the First Shots event this Saturday.
Please let us know if you have a friend or family member that would like to
attend. *First come first served, just email president@sacvalley.org to

Thanks,
Folsom Shooting Club

Bert Gamble
03-02-2012, 8:17 AM
Welcome

knerona
03-02-2012, 8:57 AM
Werd up and Welcome!!

Hope you don't have internet access at work, this place is addicting. =)

bsg
03-02-2012, 9:10 AM
welcome to the forum.

Swizzle
03-02-2012, 9:25 AM
I’m also new to CalGuns and from Sacramento. I received my final issuance approval for CCW just yesterday.

MOONDAWG
03-02-2012, 9:37 AM
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :coolgleamA:

Antheia
03-02-2012, 8:41 PM
Welcome to calguns. I would say use the Internet and research your firearm while it's in jail so you can get familiar with how to field strip it. I would suggest buying some snap caps to practice with also.

The only indoor range is the gun room in elk grove. Depending on the time you go it could be totally dead which is good IMO.

I have been looking online at the proper way to field strip the Ruger. To me it seems very easy which is surprising. My boyfriend bought me some snap caps and I just received them today. Though Vallejo is a little ways away, there is another indoor firing range in Vallejo. I forget the name of it, but you can buy a membership and get some pretty good discounts. When I find it I'll post it! Thanks for the welcome! :)

Antheia
03-02-2012, 8:43 PM
Werd up and Welcome!!

Hope you don't have internet access at work, this place is addicting. =)

Haha! My work is smart, they ban certain sites like XXX websites and guns! No fun while at work for me! Thanks for the welcome.

Antheia
03-02-2012, 8:45 PM
Iím also new to CalGuns and from Sacramento. I received my final issuance approval for CCW just yesterday.

Hi Swizzle,
I live in the city of Sacramento. How much did it cost you to get your CCW? I have heard Sacramento city is giving out more CCW's than usual but it is pricey to get, upward $600.00. Is this true? I have considered getting a CCW. Thanks

OniKoroshi
03-02-2012, 9:30 PM
I have been looking online at the proper way to field strip the Ruger. To me it seems very easy which is surprising. My boyfriend bought me some snap caps and I just received them today. Though Vallejo is a little ways away, there is another indoor firing range in Vallejo. I forget the name of it, but you can buy a membership and get some pretty good discounts. When I find it I'll post it! Thanks for the welcome! :)

Vallejo has a range? Vacaville has 2 indoor ranges, woodland has one, and sactown of course has a few ranges depending on what flavor of shooting you want to do.

OniKoroshi
03-02-2012, 9:34 PM
Hi Swizzle,
I live in the city of Sacramento. How much did it cost you to get your CCW? I have heard Sacramento city is giving out more CCW's than usual but it is pricey to get, upward $600.00. Is this true? I have considered getting a CCW. Thanks

Should be around $2-300 not including the firearm.

.22guy
03-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Welcome to Calguns! :)

zod
03-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Welcome aboard.

Shellshocker66
03-03-2012, 6:06 AM
Welcome!

Ubermcoupe
03-03-2012, 5:30 PM
Antheia,

Welcome to Calguns!

You should definitely look into getting some training and practice go go along with that purchase. I’m not from the Sacto area so I am unable to recommend any places but I am sure the folks in the Handgun section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)could point you in the right direction. :)

biloutkast
03-03-2012, 9:54 PM
Welcome aboard~!

Antheia
03-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone for the welcome posts and some tips! It is greatly appreciated!!!! :D

DeanW66
03-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Welcome aboard! Lots of useful info and helpful folks 'round these parts!