PDA

View Full Version : My Dissy is done! (for now)

duggan
03-01-2012, 7:43 PM
From this
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/Duggan_Mahcrotch/9395ecae-1.jpg

To this.
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/Duggan_Mahcrotch/ded644d6.jpg

Taking it out Saturday to get everything zeroed.

SureShot241
03-01-2012, 7:48 PM
Looks good!

Jimmy310
03-01-2012, 7:59 PM
2 weeks ago palmetto was out of dissy uppers. I emailed them and they said they didn't know when they were getting more back in. I ended up ordering a midlength piston upper from adams arms, with the magpul moe handguard.

Today i check PSA online and the dissy uppers are back in stock :( Hopefully my other odds and ends in tomorrow and sat so i can shoot it next weekend!

Arkangel
03-01-2012, 9:12 PM
Nice looking rifle :)

Hope she shoots as good as she looks.

MrExel17
03-01-2012, 9:32 PM
Sweet, congrats!

SR-71 BLACKBIRD
03-01-2012, 10:42 PM
double like the To this picture.

MrPlink
03-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Sweet rig, I like both set ups

caldivers
03-02-2012, 10:11 AM
I like it!!!! I have to ask...did you build this up yourself or did you order the complete upper and go from there? I ask because I really love the look of the "DISSI' and want a full sight radius . I have looked at PSA and really like what they have but like all us , I'm on a very tight budget. So, if you don't mind, Give us the stats on your Dissi. Barrel, Front sight tower, etc etc etc.

GettoPhilosopher
03-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Nice, looks like exactly the same setup as mine sans the Eotech (same handguards, stock, featureless wrap, irons, etc).

I love mine, shoots like butter. Is yours a "true" dissy? (Rifle gas system)

duggan
03-02-2012, 8:17 PM
I traded a 6.8 upper I built to a fellow CG'r for his Bushmaster dissipator upper (the first pic). I didn't really like the AK style MB he had on there and had a Troy Claymore laying around. While trying to get the break off I realized the barrel wasn't threaded, so off came the barrel to be threaded (another CG'r hooked that up). I had originally planned on having this one as a KISS type rifle, Plain Jane with Irons but figured what the hell. I picked up a DD flat top for it, the Eotech and a Matech BUIS and threw it all together on my lunch break the day the barrel arrived.

So here's my parts list:
PSA lower and LPK
A2 buttstock & Solar Tactical grip fin
Ambi Safety from I can't remember who
Magpul BAD lever (never messed with one before and I kinda dig it)
Bushmaster heavy fluted dissipator barrel, rifle length gas system 1:9 twist
Troy Claymore
Magpul MOE rifle length hand guards
Daniel Defense flat top upper
Eotech xps 2-2
Matech BUIS

I have no plans to hang any more doodads off of it, well except maybe throwing a rail section on the hand guard for my Safariland QLS light. But nothing else I swear lol.

So now I'm thinking about using my other stripped lower and that bushmaster A2 and building a KISS with a lighter barrel so my daughter can get bit by the EBR bug.

caldivers
03-03-2012, 9:52 AM
Very cool. Thanks for posting the stats. That answered the questions I had. I'm on the fence on either going with a 20"barrel with the front sight tower mounted with a rifle length gas tube or going with a middie and trying to mount the sight tower forward. I know that there are a few companies that make a dissi barrel but it seems that they are carbine length gas tubes. I'm really wanting a longer gas tube.

GettoPhilosopher
03-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Very cool. Thanks for posting the stats. That answered the questions I had. I'm on the fence on either going with a 20"barrel with the front sight tower mounted with a rifle length gas tube or going with a middie and trying to mount the sight tower forward. I know that there are a few companies that make a dissi barrel but it seems that they are carbine length gas tubes. I'm really wanting a longer gas tube.

JSE Surplus and Addax Tactical both make "true" dissipators (16" barrel, rifle length gas system). Check out Addax's, they look AWESOME. Alternatively, the JSE dissys are very affordable.

Edit:

http://www.jsesurplus.com/custom16dtidissipatorflattopuppercomplete-1.aspx ($415, or you can get just the barrel for $150)
http://www.addaxtactical.com/store/pc/ADDAX-ELITE-DISSIPATOR-RIFLE-LENGTH-16-UPPER-RECEIVER-ASSEMBLY-57p5628.htm ($775 including a MUR upper and a Black Hole Weaponry polygonal rifled SS barrel)

I have the JSE upper. I want the Addax upper.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

duggan
03-03-2012, 4:24 PM
Just got back from the range, zeroed the Matech @50 with 6 rounds, lined up the Eotech with the irons and shot a few to confirm. Put around 300 through it with zero failures, using disc brake/wheel bearing grease for lube and my son managed to drop some dirt from the bottom of a box right into the ejection port and bolt face. Blew off what wasn't stuck in grease and let it rip.

Plus side of the grease is that as it gets hot it doesn't burn off and it doesn't seem to spray or spit as much as oil, and carbon doesn't stick as bad.

Down side is when it's time to clean it can be a bit messy.